• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

SuperIronOut

Sep 5, 2020
Believe it or not I finally figured out a workaround to unlock DIAG Port without root access on my SM-G975U1 which was quite a time consuming process, I am on the most recent ETL1 FW. Dialer codes sadly weren't part of the workaround which would've made this a single step.

My device is recognized by QPST, EFS Explorerer, Service Programming, QFIL, etc... and Window's DM confirms it as 'Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 90B8 (COM11)'.
During the process I took a few wrong turns, messing up my mobile data and IMS Registration, but thankfully I was able to return it to normal.

I would like to factory reset and flash with non-home CSC, but being it was such a lengthy process, I'd like to do more testing while the system is 'messy' so I don't have to flash, then test DIAG mode on a clean system then have to flash again if I make a mistake which I most likely will.

My IMEI is in no need of rescue, but does anyone have any idea if I can use any of these programs to gain further privileges to the system? I have an idea about the basic functionality of QPST, but being that I'm not root, nor have I been on a Qualcomm device, I'm not quite sure how I can take advantage of this particular opportunity to use a function that generally wouldn't benefit a root user in the same way it could potentially benefit me and other non root users.

What I'm most interested in is if QFIL can be used to flash a modified boot.img? That's definitely not the entirety of my curiosity though and would love to hear any and all advantages this could have with non rooted users.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can assist me and other's who will benefit from DIAG Port usage as non-root. The guide will be posted in this thread once I'm able to do some testing with QPST and its related programs, so all answers will be seen here, coming from their original poster.

Attachments

• 20210116_084503.jpg
    20210116_084503.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 20210116_090057.jpg
    20210116_090057.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

SuperIronOut

Sep 5, 2020
On this current endeavour I could certainly use some much appreciated guidance from someone more knowledgeable on these programs. I've read about QFIL being used to flash modified boot images which gave me the idea; although that's not the only thing I'm interested in achieving.

Last edited:

SuperIronOut

Sep 5, 2020
***Mods, if there is anywhere acceptable this thread can be moved to where I'll get more replies would you please transfer?
I definitely could use some input about DIAG Mode, QPST, and QFIL and I'm not too sure this is the right place to find it.***

It looks like it is possible to load a boot image using QFIL, or eMMC and QPST Software Download, though I know there is more involved. I wonder if it's possible to inject root into stock FW, I have all the Samsung signatures that I assume would be needed.
I made some changes to the EFS using the Explorer just to have some fun with it, but now onto figuring out exactly how DIAG can benefit non-root users.
I'm guessing the lack of replies mostly has something to do with the development tax on US Snapdragon model's BL unlock.
I'm not too sure how many of us without root, if any, have successfully enabled DIAG. Any suggestions always welcome!

Attachments

• 20210117_182023.jpg
    20210117_182023.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 28

Hai Karate

Mar 5, 2012
St. John's
I've used QPST/QFIL recently to write factory firmware to an LG G7 One that had some bizarro retail demo firmware on it, so I'm a wee bit familiar with using it.

QPST/QFIL needs a programmer file (aka the firehose) that is at least specific to the SoC of the device and often specific to the SoC AND manufacturer. I don't even know if firehose files exist for Samsung devices.

Reactions: goofwear

SuperIronOut

Sep 5, 2020
I've used QPST/QFIL recently to write factory firmware to an LG G7 One that had some bizarro retail demo firmware on it, so I'm a wee bit familiar with using it.

QPST/QFIL needs a programmer file (aka the firehose) that is at least specific to the SoC of the device and often specific to the SoC AND manufacturer. I don't even know if firehose files exist for Samsung devices.

Dude I appreciate you replying, it seems like S10+ forums are dead; besides the guys charging the developer's tax for a BL unlock.

I've seen mentions of Firehose in one or two of program's options themselves but didn't realize it was necessary for flashing with QFIL; i might as well grab it while it's on my mind.

In your opinion do you see any use of DIAG mode outside of flashing and IMEI restore and EFS backup?

I appreciate any help you can give me in advance man.

Last edited:
Reactions: goofwear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dude I appreciate you replying, it seems like S10+ forums are dead; besides the guys charging the developer's tax for a BL unlock.

I've seen mentions of Firehose in one or two of program's options themselves but didn't realize it was necessary for flashing with QFIL; i might as well grab it while it's on my mind.

In your opinion do you see any use of DIAG mode outside of flashing and IMEI restore and EFS backup?

I appreciate any help you can give me in advance man.