SM-G988N Change Korea to Global

Search This thread

chautruongthinh

Oct 12, 2012
Ben Tre
By the way maybe you guys can give me an idea, my phone was working fine running Koo firmware then I accidentally flashed skc, it worked fine then all over sudden it lost network. it says emergency calls only. tried flashing back koo but it still remained skc, finally rooted, edited efs then skc junk disappeared but still no cellular network. Any idea guys?
You should flash EFS backup if you have it to fix cingular network

chautruongthinh

Oct 12, 2012
Ben Tre
Oh in my country not sure this is someone with that service. can it be done remotely? Know anyone who does it?
You can contact Ho Tran Ten Lam, i think he can do it remotely

zorzgeo

Nov 15, 2007
So any advice i need.
- If i buy an SM-G981N version (South Korea, Single SIM only) can i change the CSC to XAA and flash it with latest SM-G981U1/XAA fimrware (to reach a dual SIM (nano SIM+ eSIM)) or i can't do that with a success???!!!
I am good in Odin and SamKey progs.

THX

P.S. Now i'm read it SamKEY Warning about CSC changing:
Change CSC Function
This option is used to change BUYER (SalesCode, SalesCountry)

Make sure CSC ID you entered is supported by the CSC version!
For example, G975F :
You can change carrier to 'XSG' only if phone flashed by OXM CSC
If your phone flashed by ODX CSC, then flash OXM before change CSC

CAUTION >> THERE IS NO REFUND FOR THIS FUNCTION

SamKEY Team (2017-2022)
Does this mean that it CAN do that, but first I have to flash it with the desired firmware, e.g. G981U1/XAA (and it now has G981N on it) and then change the CSC to XAA because the CSCs do not belong to the same group/subgroup (XAA belongs to OYM and the background is now the OKR group)?!?!?

By simple words, can i flash 981N to have 981U1 and all of it's benefits for working???!!!

Last edited:

zorzgeo

Nov 15, 2007
I tried to convert/flash G981N to G981U1 but Odin doesn't allow such operation because boot loader is locked... and so on, and so on...
P.S. I can't change even CSC with a SamKEY because of a locked bootloader.

Top Liked Posts