Question SM-G998B AUDA MAY UPDATE

Search This thread

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Nice! Very much looking forward to getting the update now.

Photo processing seems better too.

Look at this photo I took today. It's sharp, detailed and HDR is awesome.

Attachments

• 20210503_101706_01.jpg
    20210503_101706_01.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 193

babyboy3265

• Sep 20, 2012
    Jupiter
    Won't you lose warranty by doing that?
    Well overall yeah but who cares. If your phone works fine by now, it is unlikely that some defect would turn up later. And realistically the pros of CUSTOM are more than cons.

Just personal opinion though. I only wait about a week after getting a new phone before I root and go custom. Stock just does click with me. :D

babyboy3265

• Sep 20, 2012
    Jupiter
    Can you confirm y'all that animations are much better now ? I am waiting just for this. They're so slow compared to my previous OnePlus phone.
    Just update bud, AUDA is definitely better than April's. Surely faster and better battery life and the camera is also improved. Nothing to be considering so much.

tim2london

• Mar 12, 2013
    still nothing in the UK
    is very odd that they just didnt release anything in UK yet - normally is thru the first markets, and even so its been out for a week now in some markets
    I wonder what is the hold up - they forgot to press launch button? :)

Battery life definitely seems to be better with the May update.

Around 1 hour more SOT as compared to March firmware. 8.5 hours+ if using heavily and draining the battery within a day. 7 hours+ if using for 2 days.

Standby drain has decreased significantly. Barely losing battery overnight.

Phone has never lagged so am not noticing any further smoothness. No jitteriness anywhere in the system yet so have left webview alone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-204205_Device care.jpg
      Screenshot_20210504-204205_Device care.jpg
      295.5 KB · Views: 58
    Reactions: BaltazarIX

Nat.smith26

• Dec 3, 2020
    For me AUDA is terrible.

I have lags everywhere, phone is overheating for nothing and my battery drain is really high.

I don't want to reset the phone because my banking apps are on it and reconfigure them would be a pain in the ass.

I suggest you to wait.

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
    Vienna
    For me AUDA is terrible.

I have lags everywhere, phone is overheating for nothing and my battery drain is really high.

I don't want to reset the phone because my banking apps are on it and reconfigure them would be a pain in the ass.

I suggest you to wait.
    Same for me. Will wait for June Update. If the problems are still there then I'll do a factory reset

Sithlordpt

Feb 19, 2009
    Lags are NOT related with May update. I'm on April update and I have lags too since 3/4 days ago. The problem is the android webkit view that is broken.

franagan75

Apr 16, 2018
    I have done Phone resset and all Works fine,With april update Phone overheath a lot shooting photos and now are less Hot,and camera App Works faster

Nat.smith26

• Dec 3, 2020
    Lags are NOT related with May update. I'm on April update and I have lags too since 3/4 days ago. The problem is the android webkit view that is broken.

I hear you, but lags appeared right after the update.

I mean I noticed them immediatly after the update.

So maybe this is a mixed problem.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone