Question SM-G998B AUE1 MAY UPDATE

Search This thread

russellcausier

Jun 28, 2015
Does anyone know if the phone goes lower than 48hz refresh rate with this may update?like Samsung said it will go to 10hz depending on app,screen off etc

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Does anyone know if the phone goes lower than 48hz refresh rate with this may update?like Samsung said it will go to 10hz depending on app,screen off etc
Search on ananadtech (don't have the link handy) for an article on variable refresh rate. It's a written at the time note 20 ultra came out, but applies to s21 ultra as well. It's a LOT more complicated than just setting a low limit.

Reactions: russellcausier

tim84us

Mar 12, 2013
was hoping it will be today in UK but it doesnt seems like it - that means it will be nearly half of may they release it - if they ever - making a huge down trend considering past months

tim84us

Mar 12, 2013
well all public releases should be stable - no offence - they have internal testing so they can catch any issues before releasing them to public
i guess the question is - what was the issue - since they've been so cryptic about it - and even now - you can see how scared they are to release it anywhere else

Nat.smith26

Dec 3, 2020
well all public releases should be stable - no offence - they have internal testing so they can catch any issues before releasing them to public
i guess the question is - what was the issue - since they've been so cryptic about it - and even now - you can see how scared they are to release it anywhere else
Dude there is clearly a performance issue.
So don't be such in a hurry.
I have lags and stutters in every apps and my phone gets hot for nothing, so if I could downgrade to the April update I would do it.

They totally messed up something on at least one version of the phone.

I have the 512/16.

Nat.smith26

Dec 3, 2020
I’m not telling some don’t benefit from the May Update, but there is clearly something wrong for a lot of people.

I suspect the 512/16 model to be in fault, maybe a bad RAM management.

Before they find out what's wrong, they can't release it to everyone.

The minute after I updated I noticed lags and stutters, phone getting hot and bad battery life. I barely can do more than 4h SOT and 12 hours.

Reactions: mabmed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can post what you feel about the update here .

For me

1) qr code in camera app is way faster
    2) camera doesnt heat up the phone now
    3) gaming also runs cooler
    4) animations are better
    5) expect an sot of 1h more than you got with april update.

Looking for more changes ..

Tell me in comment .

I think samsung is doing a great job ,
    I was about to trade off my s21 ultra with mi 11 ultra , but this update has stopped me doing so.
    Nice! Very much looking forward to getting the update now.

Photo processing seems better too.

Look at this photo I took today. It's sharp, detailed and HDR is awesome.
    Excellent edge detection in portrait.
    Animations much much smoother.
    Battery life is better.
    Good job Samsung with this update.

Flashed it via odin, then cleaned cache partition.
    Patiently waiting here in UK too...
    That looks great, really sharp image. Are you on Exynos? I've seen some videos where the screen animations look smoother too.
    Yeah it's really sharp. Yes S21 Ultra Exynos. The device is really smooth