- Apr 3, 2014
NcX S21FE Port for Samsung Galaxy M52 5GI usually work on A52s but decided to make a version for M52 since it's pretty much the same thing lol. This is a OneUI ROM that adds extra functionality, read the features carefully so you can give yourself an idea of what features you're getting. Also be sure to read the FAQ if possible.
* Warning, your warranty is now void. * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!
- SM-M526B (tested)
- SM-M526BR (needs testing)
- Based on S21 FE January firmware (G990BXXU2DWA4)
- [Optional] Bootanimation zip support instead of Samsung's qmg implementation
- DeX working
- Live Blur
- Native AppLock
- Advanced Reboot options
- Bluetooth patched
- Remaster Picture in Gallery
- Allow screenshots on secure apps
- Fixed Private Share and Secure Wifi
- Secure Folder fixed
- Smart Widgets
- Native object, shadow and reflection eraser
- Edge Lighting effects fully enabled
- High-End Animations
- Enhanced pocessing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try)
- CSC Features like:
- Stock call recording
- Speed meter on statusbar
- Spam call blocker
- Added camera privacy toggle to remove camera access across apps (Already on S21FE FW by default)
- Added HDR10+ lines (improves effect in HDR content)
- Added optional AOD to clock animation. Avoid using it with FOD. You can disable it in the installer.
I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.
- ROM source: GitHub
- Stock Kernel source: Samsung Open Source
- The January patch cannot be used with MCK at the moment
- Also, in order to use the January version you need to be officially updated to the official January patch for M52 which means you will not be able to downgrade anymore since January official release bumps the Bootloader version to S2
- 13/February/2023: Release based on January S21 FE Firmware (G990BXXU2DWA4)
- Fixed block capabilities for SMS and calls (you may need to re-install your stock CSC before applying this)
- Added Quick Switch in Secure Folder settings (same as above)
- Updated installation visual instructions
- Added compatibility for BR variant (needs testing)
- 06/January/2023: Release based on December S21 FE Firmware (G990BXXS2DVK4)
- NcX S21FE January - M52 5G [GoogleDrive]
- NcX S21FE December - M52 5G [GoogleDrive]
- Being unencrypted (recommended)
- Android 13 Bootloader (Android 12 BL may break camera features)
- Add zip to either internal memory or SD card
- OPTIONAL but recommended: Format data. This will erase media too.
- Flash zip via custom recovery and read the on-screen information. ROM installs in 2 steps.
- After step 1 is complete, you should be able to reboot to recovery and flash the zip again
- Follow instructions and make the selections based on your preference
Credits!@SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...dows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@BlassGO for dynamic installer, which makes this installation easy. You can find dynamic installer here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ler-stable-3-5-android-10-or-earlier.4279541/
@kirbynx for allowing me to use some aspects of her setup of Dynamic Installer and for the Samsung Services disabler.
@ricci206 for various fixes and mods posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mods-samsung-not-android-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/
@ananjaser1211 for always being there willing to help on all my questions and support.
@BlackMesa123 for a lot of his help, giving advice and sharing his knowledge
@Simon1511 for his help with kernel and development in general.
@Flylarb for helping me fix Remaster Picture
@DavidArsene for his method to bypass the Samsung Health knox check which was shared in the Telegram Development group
@PhatWalrus for the changes made to updater script to auto detect step 1 and 2
@afaneh92 for helping me add bootanimation zip support in OneUI 5
@sameepkambli__ for his wonderful NcX custom bootanimation, I think it looks great!
@ All my testers
@ Samsung for the firmware
@ To users like you!
If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you