[SM-N910*] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread
So first, did stock flash work? only doesn't work when you try to install magisk right?
Yes,when I try to install magisk I have problem with boot.
I dont want to try installing magisk anymore..
I have flash stock rom ,and it work but I have problem that i cant update firmware ,I have OTA update but I can install it because of this error in stock recovery. .that dm verify verification faild

Krappa420

Dec 7, 2017
Yes,when I try to install magisk I have problem with boot.
I dont want to try installing magisk anymore..
I have flash stock rom ,and it work but I have problem that i cant update firmware ,I have OTA update but I can install it because of this error in stock recovery. .that dm verify verification faild

Did you wipe completely before flashing stock or did you just dirty flash?

2Code

Jun 9, 2012
Thanks for your reply kyuubi654

So that appears every time you power up your phone ?
* Update * yep, it does on mine too.
The phone boots okay, seems to work fine so is this message 'Set Warranty Bit: Kernel' normal or showing there is an issue somewhere ? or warrants a rerooting?

Now looking for a good guide on bloatware removal
I too have this 'set warranty bit: kernel ' message on a CF-AUTO-ROOTED SM-N910T . how d do I get rid of it?

Did you wipe completely before flashing stock or did you just dirty flash?

The problem was that I was trying to root already rooted phone , I was root my phone with superSu and after a while on top of that I was trying to root Magisk , instead of unrooting the phone first then flash and root Magisk. That was the problem.
I have finally succeed to root phone with Magisk but my luck didn't last long.
After rooting with magisk and turning phone on ,everything was working fine,until I didn't turn of phone and in the morning I turn on phone and I didn't have GSM network.
I was go to TWRP and restore previously backup of modem,restart phone and signal is back but only until I again didn't turn phone off and on,I again didn't have GSM signal.
I dont know why when I rurn phone off ,loose GSM signal..
I delete every app,didnt restore backup ,try everything but at the and I must go back to susperSU root.
I cant every time before turn phone on go to recovery and restore modem..

Hello everyone.
:)

Is it possible to root an SM-N910F having a stock KitKat (4.4.4) firmware pre-installed on it? I downloaded CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.zip file, and post extraction, attempted flashing CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.tar.md5 file using Odin3-v3.10.6.exe packaged within the aforementioned .zip archive; the process completed successfully, but the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 I have, reboots in a boot loop displaying -
RECOVERY BOOTING. . . . .
RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : recovery
I have re-attempted the above process with, and subsequently without the Auto Reboot feature within Odin checked / ticked, pulling the battery out for the latter attempt.
:confused:

Has anyone using the CF-Auto-Root method, successfully rooted their SM-N910F with a stock Lollipop (5.0.1) firmware running on the device? I await your valuable replies.
:fingers-crossed:

Hello everyone.
:)

Is it possible to root an SM-N910F having a stock KitKat (4.4.4) firmware pre-installed on it? I downloaded CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.zip file, and post extraction, attempted flashing CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.tar.md5 file using Odin3-v3.10.6.exe packaged within the aforementioned .zip archive; the process completed successfully, but the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 I have, reboots in a boot loop displaying -
Code:
RECOVERY BOOTING. . . . .
RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : recovery

I have re-attempted the above process with, and subsequently without the Auto Reboot feature within Odin checked / ticked, pulling the battery out for the latter attempt.
:confused:

Has anyone using the CF-Auto-Root method, successfully rooted their SM-N910F with a stock Lollipop (5.0.1) firmware running on the device? I await your valuable replies.
:fingers-crossed:
Hello everyone; awaiting your valuable replies to the above.
:silly:

poley41

Oct 30, 2018
What do I do..want to try it on my device my samsung galazy note 4 it keeps telling me fail.what do I do

2Code

Jun 9, 2012
When this rebotting loop has happened on tmo note 4 devices, reflashing CF-AUTO root md5 file using Odin with another USB cable resolved the issue.

athoti

Sep 25, 2018
SM-N910V

I have a Note 4 SM-N910V running Android version 5.0.1 (let me know if more details are needed)
Can someone who has done it, please tell me if I can unlock bootloader / flash TWRP on this thing?
Many Thanks!

Last edited:

athoti

Sep 25, 2018
I have a Note 4 SM-N910V running Android version 5.0.1 (let me know if more details are needed)
Can someone who has done it, please tell me if I can unlock bootloader / flash TWRP on this thing?
Many Thanks!

I wanted to root my Note 4 just to get to LineageOS 15.1 and if it helps anyone, I successfully used the method described by rootjunky on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoxWDDEFJxQ. I can give more details if anyone needs to know, for unlocking bootloader - flashing TWRP - LineageOS 15.1 on the Note 4 SM-N910V. Cheers

mekontaw

Mar 24, 2019
note 4 root

Thanks, my question is as this is a stock recovery,what benefits do I miss not installing a recovery like TWRP?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check your device model ! Settings -> About device -> Model number. See the third post for exact supported model numbers. If your device is a totally different model, it will not work (may even brick) !

CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices (Galaxy S1, S2, S3, S4, Galaxy Note, Note2, Note3, dozens of Tab models, etc!) and has clocked over 32.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Stock recovery

Installation and usage
    Flash the CF-Auto-Root package as PDA in ODIN (details on how to do that are in next post), and your device should reboot into a modified recovery (signified by a large red Android logo) and it will install SuperSU for you and restore the stock recovery, and reboot back into Android.

If you don't get to the red Android logo, boot into recovery manually ("adb reboot recovery", or boot while holding Power+VolUp+Home).

Using this root increases your flash counter and trips the KNOX warranty flag!

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    Download

SM-N910F (International, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.zip

SM-N910G (Asia, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltedt-smn910g.zip
    SM-N910H (Asia, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-tre3g-tre3gxx-smn910h.zip

SM-N910T (T-Mobile USA, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.zip
    SM-N910P (Sprint, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltespr-trltespr-smn910p.zip
    SM-N910R4 (US Cellular, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trlteusc-trlteusc-smn910r4.zip
    SM-N910W8 (Canadia, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltecan-trltecan-smn910w8.zip

SM-N910C (Thailand, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trelte-treltexx-smn910c.zip
    SM-N910U (Hong Kong, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trhplte-trhpltexx-smn910u.zip

SM-N910K (Korea, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-treltektt-treltektt-smn910k.zip
    SM-N910L (Korea, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-treltelgt-treltelgt-smn910l.zip
    SM-N910S (Korea, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trelteskt-trelteskt-smn910s.zip

SM-N9100 (China, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszc-smn9100.zip
    SM-N9106W (China, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszn-smn9106w.zip
    SM-N9108V (China, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trltezm-smn9108v.zip
    SM-N9109W (China, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduosctc-smn9109w.zip

Other models

CF-Auto-Root is not yet available for all models - one stock firmwares for these models become available, let me know, and I'll make the corresponding CF-Auto-Roots. Make sure to check the main CF-Auto-Root site as well, as models may be listed there that are not listed here yet!
    Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!

- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
    - If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
    - (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
    - Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
    - Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
    - Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
    - (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
    - Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
    - Click the Start button
    - Wait for Android to boot
    - Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)

NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.

New to Samsung? Unfamiliar with Odin? Think all the above is a hassle? Get used to it. It's very simple, and us Samsung folk use Odin (or Mobile ODIN ;)) for everything! It's so very very convenient once you get used to it. Notice the 30 second comment above? For experienced users, the entire process indeed takes only 30 seconds!
    Sprint and US Cellular versions added
    Just added N910F, N910K, N910L, N910T and N9108V models to the list.