[SM-N910C] Lollipop download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sublation

Jan 5, 2013
This box is where I nerdrage about how 64 bit matters to me and all my 32 bit apps.

Heh.
But seriously,

Glad it's released... but i made the mistake in past devices upgrading before waiting for a custom ROM. I won't make that same mistake a 20th time.

My phone works great so maybe I'll wait for a 5.0.2 Leak.

That being said to those who have upgraded; have you noticed the rumored 5.0.1 memory leaks that make the device hot and eat battery life?

Reactions: Duncan1982

faslane

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 7, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
This box is where I nerdrage about how 64 bit matters to me and all my 32 bit apps.

Heh.
But seriously,

Glad it's released... but i made the mistake in past devices upgrading before waiting for a custom ROM. I won't make that same mistake a 20th time.

That being said to those who have upgraded; have you noticed the rumored 5.0.1 memory leaks that make the device hot and eat battery life?

Have you played with any of the lollipop ROMs? A couple decent Ines out there. RootBox is my favorite but no CDA for it (intended) and the cm official and nightly is decent too. Getting me by until official lollirom release custom rom

Reactions: Sublation

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014

Heh.
But seriously,

Haha yeh the big 64bit disappointment which maybe a kernel dev will get working. But even if this is not the case its not like 32bit is going to be in the past anytime soon. By this time like myself you'll be onto your next phone which will be 64bit and then we will have the 96bit thing (joke).

I like yourself will hold off and not jump on the lollipop bandwagon just yet, my time will come just when things are a bit further developed :).

ciscostud

Dec 17, 2011
64bit has nothing to do with RAM

arm-v7a already support more than 4gb ram with 40 bit LPAE addressing
So what advantage will 64 bit have over 32bit phone with 3gb a ram?

What will it do?

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

What will it do?
Looks like it will nothing with 3GB

http://youtu.be/IknbgnJLSRY

Ranomez

Jun 1, 2010
HTC One X+
HTC Desire HD

What will it do?

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Looks like it will nothing with 3GB

http://youtu.be/IknbgnJLSRY

First thing I would do is search what 32bit and what 64bit means, not what one means vs the other, second thing I would do is read the comments of that video, to put it short and in a kinda wrong way the advantage of running a 64bit os vs a 32bit one on a 64bit cpu is an increase in processing speed, and exactly you still get an increase (which from my own college experience until now can be quite big) with less RAM, the fact that 64bit can access more RAM is one of the most minor advantages.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Nothing that matters to the average user.

Even on desktop computing, most users will gain nothing from 64 bit.

That being said, most drivers won't benefit from having a corvette that will go 180 mph... but sure makes your jibletz feel huge.

It all depends on what type of "average user" you are, for example there are many applications that don't even have a 32bit os version and there are some that have but using them on a 32bit os is painfully slow (would give examples but can't remember them at the moment because I am too sleepy even if I use them daily at home, lol).
That being said I really can't see 64bit becoming such a big improvement on android in the next 1-2 years, I meant the big improvements come from the armv8 architecture not from the 64bit as far as I can see right now.

xishp117x

Sep 14, 2014
Sunnyvale
Is there any restriction on SD Card as in KitKat for Lollipop ?

I'm using it right now and no! Everything works perfectly!

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

I am pleased to report that after extensive testing there is NO LAG AT ALL! TouchWiz has finally lost it's bad rep for lagging. The only instance of any delay I could find was only after pressing the recents key. Well done Sammy!

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

BTW I'll have my first look video review of lollipop up shortly for those who might be eager. It should be up in the next 24 hrs.

Safar_Ibrahim

Jan 20, 2008
Can i get back to my original CSC when its available to download ? I'm on un-rooted Note 4

Planing to flash Poland KitKat and update to 5.0.1, and when XME is available i would like to flash over again ( i don't mind factory reset)

So i can keep un-rooted device and XME CSC

Thanks

xishp117x

Sep 14, 2014
Sunnyvale
and the Questions are the following...
1.the improvement of the phone is significant?
2. Is TW looking more light?
3.is there any delay in (Gallery , Recent apps and around Home screens) lag inside (scrolling) messages.
4.Memory usage is better?
4. What about battery?

Thanks

The boost to system wide speed is quite insane! TW does look lighter given material design has taken over. The only delay I have noticed so far is when opening the recents panel. Memory usage is down by 0.3 GB from what I have experienced. Battery you need at least a day or two to be sure. I'll update the battery info later.

nameejokerx

Dec 4, 2008
Cyberjaya
Can i get back to my original CSC when its available to download ? I'm on un-rooted Note 4

Planing to flash Poland KitKat and update to 5.0.1, and when XME is available i would like to flash over again ( i don't mind factory reset)

So i can keep un-rooted device and XME CSC

Thanks

u can.
as long as any rom or file u flash using odin is official.
if not it will trigger knox counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes! OTA disposable the download.
    uploadfromtaptalk1423638749707.jpg

movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bf_dAroii4
    ROCK? dude it has a 64 bit processor and if it were any other company it would have been 64 bit!

I guess you specifically bought a Exynos device for 64bit support? Thats plain stupidity (yours, not Samsung) . And no any other company would not have done it either, that's called marketing. You're yelling and crying like a little kid that does not gets candy from his mommy . Your Note 4 is advertised and sold as a 32bit device, Samsung NEVER said you would get 64bit (and it would be marketing wise plain stupid if they did, torpedoing there newer devices) Lastly its a freaking phone , get some more fresh air instead of masturbating on a benchmark score . nuf said, closed conversation, bye
    Who's with me??? **** samsung and it's ****ing policies. That's why everyone's saying it's a big fat ****ing liar. I might sell my note 4 soon and get a winphone soon!

STOP with WHINING!!!