//SM-N920V\\ **Nougat Odin Firmware N920VVRU3CQB9**

Search This thread
Oct 26, 2014
Maybe try using this downgraded version from my Android File Host and flash it using odin but before flashing take the sim card out and after it's done flashing immediately do a factory reset by holding the power and volume down button and after the screen turns off and then back on select shut down and then boot into recovery and do the factory reset after it's finished put the sim card back in then turn it on and go through all the setup and see if it works..

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195900074

Thank you I'll give it a try

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
I'm downloading now at Starbucks it'll be a while I'll report if it is a fix or not. I was under the impression that the 4 slots in Odin need to be filled with their individual files in order to flash everything to stock however I will definitely try this and thanks again.

You don't need to fill all 4 slots in odin at all.. Just unzip the file after it's done downloading so it turns from .zip to an .md5 file then open odin and select only the PDA slot that's it nothing else! But before you do that, go into odins option tab and uncheck automatically reboot so the phone won't reboot right away and then do the flash but odin may end up saying that it's not responding but just leave it alone it has to check the 4gb file so it does that for whatever reason but it'll fix itself.. After odin says success then disconnect the phone and hold the buttons like I said so you can select shut down that way your first boot up is to recovery so you can select factory reset..

Oct 26, 2014
You don't need to fill all 4 slots in odin at all.. Just unzip the file after it's done downloading so it turns from .zip to an .md5 file then open odin and select only the PDA slot that's it nothing else! But before you do that, go into odins option tab and uncheck automatically reboot so the phone won't reboot right away . then do the flash but odin may end up saying that it's not responding but just leave it alone it has to check the 4gb file so it does that for whatever reason but it'll fix itself.. After odin says success then disconnect the phone and hold the buttons like I said so you can select shut down that way your first boot up is to recovery so you can select factory reset..

It appears to have worked! It says searching for service for 5 seconds then says Verizon wireless automatically and I can receive calls and everything without having to first make a call to connect to the network. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days to make sure it doesn't randomly become disconnected again but looks like a fix. I think it was rooted on nougat by previous owner and somehow left with that issue even after flashing nougat stock. Downgrade seems to be the fix for whatever happened. Thank you I owe you one! And BTW if anyone cares the new Sim cards for straight talk/net10/total wireless are giving me full Verizon lte speeds on prepaid news to me.

Reactions: MrMike2182

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
It appears to have worked! It says searching for service for 5 seconds then says Verizon wireless automatically and I can receive calls and everything without having to first make a call to connect to the network. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days to make sure it doesn't randomly become disconnected again but looks like a fix. I think it was rooted on nougat by previous owner and somehow left with that issue even after flashing nougat stock. Downgrade seems to be the fix for whatever happened. Thank you I owe you one! And BTW if anyone cares the new Sim cards for straight talk/net10/total wireless are giving me full Verizon lte speeds on prepaid news to me.

I was pretty sure that my version of the firmware would work since I made a few changes to it so people could downgrade back from Nougat because they didn't like it for whatever reason.. Downgrading has pretty much been blocked mostly now anyway! I don't think it's possible that your phone was rooted on Nougat because we don't even have root for Marshmallow 6! All we have is console root and it's not really worth it.. When your phone says searching for service it's okay mine does that to right after a reboot! There shouldn't be to much bloatware on that one either.. If you don't want to stay on it you can always upgrade it again but I can't say it'll work the same way that it does now..

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2014
I was pretty sure that my version of the firmware would work since I made a few changes to it so people could downgrade back from Nougat because they didn't like it for whatever reason.. Downgrading has pretty much been blocked mostly now anyway! I don't think it's possible that your phone was rooted on Nougat because we don't even have root for Marshmallow 6! All we have is console root and it's not really worth it.. When your phone says searching for service it's okay mine does that to right after a reboot! There shouldn't be to much bloatware on that one either.. If you don't want to stay on it you can always upgrade it again but I can't say it'll work the same way that it does now..

Yeah thanks I don't know what the issue is I'm staying where I'm at you are the man!

Oct 26, 2014
Only issue I'm having now is no volte. I can't find out how to enable it without root/iot hidden menu like previous versions. The only way to turn on in settings is through 'my verizon' app which doesn't work because I don't have a Verizon account. Don't see any solutions in these forums anywhere for enabling volte. Also blue circle with notification above home screen all the time because my phone thinks it's connecting and disconnecting from charger or USB device. Sorry to post again here again

phihnp

Mar 10, 2015
Could anybody let me know whether you did this rom successfully? And give me advise which steps I have to do. My phone not root yet.
Thanks and Best Regards.

adityadirga

Sep 20, 2017
HELP ME

if i flash SM-N920V with latest firmware it will lock network?
i have N920V with ROM N920F its stuck on lollipop, and i want to flash it Nougat or Marshmallow,
i use indonesian simcard on it

thanks for your help

Reactions: selma2018

majidkorai

Sep 25, 2017
if i flash SM-N920V with latest firmware it will lock network?
i have N920V with ROM N920F its stuck on lollipop, and i want to flash it Nougat or Marshmallow,
i use indonesian simcard on it

thanks for your help

For me it didn't :). I flashed the Nougat (7.0) as provided in this thread.
Verizone says they don't lock LTE phones.
check "device-unlocking-policy" on verizone website.

nanaite

Nov 3, 2014
Bootlooping Note5

This firmware update did not stop my Note5 SM-N920VZDA from boot looping, instead, the phone now shows custom when I try to boot it up. PS: the phone does not boot to recovery.

fahadalishah

Sep 13, 2017
Download error

The file is not being downloaded there is some error like searching mirrors then error.. kindly help me to download....

uknow

Sep 20, 2014
Phenix City Al
Will these csc work on sprint unlocked running on verizon (everything else works lte,mms etc)I'm trying to get volte and advanced calling to working

Oct 26, 2014
Maybe try using this downgraded version from my Android File Host and flash it using odin but before flashing take the sim card out and after it's done flashing immediately do a factory reset by holding the power and volume down button and after the screen turns off and then back on select shut down and then boot into recovery and do the factory reset after it's finished put the sim card back in then turn it on and go through all the setup and see if it works.. Let the phone charge some first don't try doing this at 3% battery cause if it shuts down in the middle it can brick the phone. Not likely but it could.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195900074

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post I have spent all day trying to find a solution to this issue and haven't found My help. MrMike2182 you helped solve my "searching for service" issue with nougat I was having by flashing your downgraded version of Android. My note 5 was ruined yesterday so I purchased a used Verizon s6 and am now HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUE ON THE S6? What are the odds how does this prep happening to me? What was so special about the files you had me flash that fixed my network issues? I am totally desperate if Anyone could help or point me in the right direction. Every time I restart my phone I have full bars/LTE but not connected to verizon it just says Searching for Service until I make a call then it says Verizon Wireless. After a while it will go back to Searching for Service until I dial a call then I connect to the network again. In between I can receive no calls or texts. I have seen a few others from other phones with this issue that they seemed to have caused by rooting however I don't think this phone can even be rooted. Anyone?

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post I have spent all day trying to find a solution to this issue and haven't found My help. MrMike2182 you helped solve my "searching for service" issue with nougat I was having by flashing your downgraded version of Android. My note 5 was ruined yesterday so I purchased a used Verizon s6 and am now HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUE ON THE S6? What are the odds how does this prep happening to me? What was so special about the files you had me flash that fixed my network issues? I am totally desperate if Anyone could help or point me in the right direction. Every time I restart my phone I have full bars/LTE but not connected to verizon it just says Searching for Service until I make a call then it says Verizon Wireless. After a while it will go back to Searching for Service until I dial a call then I connect to the network again. In between I can receive no calls or texts. I have seen a few others from other phones with this issue that they seemed to have caused by rooting however I don't think this phone can even be rooted. Anyone?

The Note 5 files that fixed your problem the first time are my personal files with certain edits and changes.

For the S6:
Find a firmware version that's either the next one or the previous one and extract it and look for modem.bin and then zip the file as a tar and then use odin to flash it and then see if it works. If not try another modem.bin from another one.

Reactions: patrickpingpong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is official Nougat firmware use this to update or just want to update

CP_N920VVRU3CQB9_N920VVZW3CQB9_CL10809541_QB12868949_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
    BL_N920VVRU3CQB9_N920VVZW3CQB9_CL10809541_QB12868949_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
    AP_VZW_N920VVRU3CQB9_N920VVZW3CQB9_CL10809541_QB12868949_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
    CSC_VZW_N920VVRU3CQB9_N920VVZW3CQB9_CL10809541_QB12868949_REV00_user_low_ship.tar

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634763863
    This is official Nougat firmware use this to update or just want to update

CP_N920VVRU3CQB9_N920VVZW3CQB9_CL10809541_QB12868949_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
    BL_N920VVRU3CQB9_N920VVZW3CQB9_CL10809541_QB12868949_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
    AP_VZW_N920VVRU3CQB9_N920VVZW3CQB9_CL10809541_QB12868949_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
    CSC_VZW_N920VVRU3CQB9_N920VVZW3CQB9_CL10809541_QB12868949_REV00_user_low_ship.tar

Will upload them tonight

waiting....

You have to go in odin and select PDA and then add the entire md5 file! If you don't want to do it that way, then you have to download a zipping app like 7z or similar and create the .tar yourself.. Which is pointless unless you're planning on flashing 1 file like the boot.img for a reason or other.. The md5 file has all of the files that need to be flashed there's no need to unzip the files. Just flash as is!

If you're downloading from the OP then you need to unzip the file from the .zip because you can only flash .md5 or .tar.
    You have to go in odin and select PDA and then add the entire md5 file! If you don't want to do it that way, then you have to download a zipping app like 7z or similar and create the .tar yourself.. Which is pointless unless you're planning on flashing 1 file like the boot.img for a reason or other.. The md5 file has all of the files that need to be flashed there's no need to unzip the files. Just flash as is!

Thanks. I have issue of my note saying "searching for signal" with full bars until i make a call. I dont think flashing the full file in Ap reset my modem to stock.