[SM-N935F/DS] How to flash TWRP & Root with Magisk (Int. Ver.) [Pie Updated]

Search This thread

RicePlay33

Oct 21, 2017
Bordeaux
UPDATE OF JULY, 13th 2019 : IMPORTANT INFO : This guide is no longer updated. The recent update of June 2019 broke compatibility with my Bootloader Ver. 2 I was using which worked fine from the first Nougat release to the first Pie update (included). As I'm still daily running Android Nougat (7.0), I can't risk to upgrade to BL Ver. 5 and find myself locked under Pie. And the main risk is that I can't know if BL v5 is breaking modem compatibility or not and if it does it means that I'll lose all wireless connectivity under Nougat. So, as I can't risk my device (which is my daily) I have no choice other than dropping the support of this device. I apologize.

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note Fan Edition
Exynos 8890 - International Ver. [SM-N935F/DS]

866793NFEXDA.png

Current Status :

(Pie 9.0) - POST 06/21/2019 Update - Unknown
(Pie 9.0) - PRE 06/21/2019 Update - Rootable
(Oreo 8.0) - Rootable
(Nougat 7.0) - Rootable

Latest Ver. of TWRP: v3.3.1-0

Latest Ver. of Android: Pie (Android 9.0)

1 - ▼ DISCLAIMER

- I DECLINE TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DAMAGE OR BRICK YOUR PHONE WHILE TRYING THIS METHOD ! YOU'RE DOING IT AT YOUR OWN RISKS !
- THIS METHOD IS ONLY VALID FOR THE GALAXY NOTE FAN EDITION (EXYNOS Ver.) SM-N935F/DS VERSION ! IT'S NOT SUITABLE FOR THE KOREAN VARIANTS !
- FLASHING ANY CUSTOM BINARY WILL IRREMEDIABLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND KNOX COUNTER WILL BE TRIGGERED (0x1).
- MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DEVICE HAS AT LEAST 70% BATTERY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEPS !
- ALL THE DATA ON THE INTERNAL STORAGE WILL BE DELETED ! BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES IN A SAFE PLACE BEFORE PROCEEDING !

2 - ▼ Important Infos

To avoid making any mistakes, I HIGHLY recommend you to READ CAREFULLY the WHOLE guide BEFORE attempting anything! Prevention is better than cure remember ;)

The Galaxy Note FE (like many other Samsung devices) use dm-verity and data partition encryption.

Android 9.0 (Pie) - UPDATE OF THE 06/21/2019 (Bootloader V5) :

The Note FE (International Ver.) Android Pie update of (June 2019) support is unknown.
As I can't try if my patch works, (see above), I can't test if the latest update is rootable or not.

However, the problem is probably similiar to the first Pie release of March 2019, the fix is also probably the same
but due to changes to the kernel or boot routines, the old fix dosen't work anymore.

If you're under an older Pie release (typically with a v4 BL or less) or even under an other Android version, you can still follow this guide.

About RMM State :

The Note FE (International Ver.) is shipped with a component called "RMM".
This component is able to prevent the end-user from flashing any custom binary on the device while it's active.

You can check if your RMM is enabled or disabled by putting your device in Download Mode :
- If the line "RMM State: Prenormal" is present, then RMM is enabled and you won't be able to flash any custom binary.
- If it's absent, then it has already been disabled which means that you'll be able to flash any custom binary.

This component suddenly disable itself after 7 days of continuous uptime since the device has been last powered on.
You can check your device actual uptime by going into : "Settings" > "About phone" > "Status" > "Uptime"
Or use CPU-Z : "System" tab and "System Uptime". (CPU-Z displays the uptime in days rather than hours.)

Once 7 days are elapsed, it will be desactivated BUT! If you format the data partition for example, which's required to disable data encryption for rooting, it will be back!
Even worse, if you reboot once you've setup your phone, you'll get blocked with a message when you'll powering it on saying ("custom binary has been block due to remaining installment balance") and you'll have to reflash stock to get your device working again...

To avoid that, once the /data partition has been wiped, you'll need to apply the RMM fix (prerequisites section, see below) which prevents the device from re-self-locking itself after rebooting, once the initial setup has been completed.

Everytime you install a new official firmware, RMM might be active again.
It is triggered by an hidden system app called "Rlc" which acts on the bootloader lock.

If your Rlc app is still present, the best thing to do is to simply delete it ASAP to prevent any unpredictable action on your bootloader. (system/priv-app/Rlc)
For custom ROMs, normally they're safe. But still, check if the dev has already deleted Rlc, otherwise you'll have to do it by yourself.

3 - ▼ Prerequisites

1 - A SAMSUNG Galaxy Note FE [SM-N935F/DS]
2 - The Samsung USB Drivers (If not already installed, => [HERE] <= )
3 - Download the lastest Odin (v3.13.1) => [HERE] <=
4 - Download TWRP for the Galaxy Note7 [SM-N930F] (v3.2.1-0.img.tar) => [HERE] <=

5 - For Android Nougat (7.0) :
  1. Download Magisk (v18.1) [HERE]
  2. Download the RMM Patch [HERE]
5 - For Android Oreo (8.0) :
  3. Download the /data partition fix (for Android Oreo) [HERE]
5 - For Android Pie (9.0) :
  3. Download the Kernel Patch (for Android Pie) [HERE]
6 - A PC and a USB-C Cable
7 - A brain, a pair of eyeballs and some fingers (Yeah, that could help... especially the first one..)

4 - ▼ Flashing TWRP 3.2.1-0 on the Galaxy Note FE

If Your RMM is locked you will have to wait 7 days (or 168 hours) while maintaining your device up and running. (NEVER REBOOT DURING THIS TIME ! IT WILL RESET THE RMM TIME COUNTER!)
=> For more info and/or if you don't understand what I'm talking about, please refer to section 2 of this page and read it all.

Once RMM is desactivated (or already desactivated), you can proceed to the next steps :

1. Make sure to enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM Unlock" in the Dev Options.
  2. Connect your phone to your PC and drag and drop the Magisk package and the RMM fix at the root of your microSD card.
    Now, depending on the Android version you're running, drag and drop the additional fix that you've downloaded earlier at the root of your mSD card too. (Only if you're on Oreo or Pie)
  3. Once it's done, backup everything valuable and power off your device.
  4. Enter the Download Mode by pressing simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons for 5 sec. Read the warning message and just answer "Continue".
  5. Launch Odin and select TWRP 3.2.1-0 archive by clicking on the "AP" button.
  6. Go to the "Options" tab and untick "Auto-reboot"
  7. Connect your phone which is in DL Mode to your PC.
  8. /IMPORTANT!\ Make sure Odin is seeing your device properly.
    (Once connected, you should see the box under the "ID:COM" tab displaying "0:[COM*]" in blue, meaning your phone has been detected successfully. If not, Install the Samsung USB Drivers, link available in the prerequisites section.)
  9. Flash TWRP.
  10. Wait while Odin in flashing the recovery. /AVOID TOUCHING ANYTHING DURING FLASH PROCESS\
  11. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the USB-C cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the DL mode disappears.
  12. When at the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to enter TWRP recovery.
  13. You should see TWRP logo just after the Note FE splash-screen.
Now TWRP is successfully installed. But we're not done yet ! We still have to deal with the data encryption and disable dm-verity in order to boot properly.

5 - ▼ [9.0] Rooting the Galaxy Note FE under Android Pie

1. Once TWRP is showing up, tick the option labeled "Never show this screen during boot again" and slide the cursor to allow modifications.
  2. On the main menu, tap on "Wipe"
  3. Then, tap on "Format Data" and confirm that you want to erase all data by entering "YES" in the text box and validate.
  4. Data is now wiped and encryption removed.
  5. Return to the main menu and tap "Reboot" and then "Recovery"
  6. Once the device has rebooted in Recovery again, tap "Install" and Install the RMM fix package from your SD card.
  7. Once it's done, wipe cache & dalvik and return to the main menu.
  8. Install the kernel patch for Android Pie.
  9. Once it's done, wipe cache & dalvik and return to the main menu.
  10. Install the Magisk package, the root solution.
  11. Once it's done, wipe cache & dalvik and return to the main menu.
  12. Last step, tap "Reboot" and then "System"
Your device will now reboot. It may stay a couple of minutes on the "SAMSUNG" logo as the whole ROM is being reinstalled. Once the setup screen is appearing, setup your phone as usual.

Note : All Samsung Pay, Pass, Knox etc.. features and Secure Folder won't be usable anymore as Knox as been triggered. For Samsung Health, there is an easy fix. Just read the whole guide ;)

6 - ▼ [8.0] Rooting the Galaxy Note FE under Android Oreo

1. Once TWRP is showing up, tick the option labeled "Never show this screen during boot again" and slide the cursor to allow modifications.
  3. Then, tap on "Format Data" and confirm that you want to erase all data by entering "YES" in the text box and validate.
  6. Once the device has rebooted in Recovery again, tap "Install" and install Magisk package from your SD card.
  8. Install the RMM fix package.
  10. Install the /data partition fix package.
Your device will now reboot. It may stay a couple of minutes on the "SAMSUNG" logo as the whole ROM is being reinstalled. Once the setup screen is appearing, setup your phone as usual.

Note : All Samsung Pay, Pass, Knox etc.. features and Secure Folder won't be usable anymore as Knox as been triggered. For Samsung Health, there is an easy fix. Just read the whole guide ;)

7 - ▼ [7.0] Rooting the Galaxy Note FE under Android Nougat

4. Data is now wiped and encryption removed !
  6. Once the device has rebooted in Recovery again, tap "Install" and install Magisk package from your SD card.
  10. Last step, tap "Reboot" and then "System"

8 - ▼ Disable SecurityLogAgent pop-up & Samsung Anti-Malware

Samsung provides an anti-malware on their phones and the Note FE is one of them. The system will detect that Magisk has been installed and a service called "SecurityLogAgent" will regularly
pop-up in your notification bar to invite you to launch the Device Maintenance app and reboot the device using an orange button to "eliminate" the threat. => DO NOT REBOOT USING THIS BUTTON ! <=
You'll end up soft-brick your phone. And this, won't disappear on it's own.

Here's how to disable and definitively hide that anti-malware crap from the Device Management app :
  1. Download the lastest version of MiXplorer => HERE <= (Or any file manager of your choice. MiXplorer is lightweight, nice to use, free and made on XDA.)
  2. Access the root partition in the left panel and go into the "/system/csc" folder
  3. Open the file "others.xml" with the text editor.
  4. Add the following line at the end :
    Code:
    [I]<CscFeature_SmartManager_DisableAntiMalware>TRUE</CscFeature_SmartManager_DisableAntiMalware>[/I]
  5. Save the changes, and close the app.
  6. Reboot.
The Samsung Anti Malware is now disabled as well as the annoying pop-up.You're good to go, enjoy!

9 - ▼ Fix Samsung Health

For whatever reasons, Samsung locks-up Samsung Health once Knox has been triggered.. But go figure why, there's only a simple thing to do to re-enable the app and be able to use it again easily.

You can either use a file manager or the app "BuildProp Editor".
  1. Download the lastest version of MiXplorer => HERE <= (Or any file manager of your choice. MiXplorer is lightweight, nice to use, free and made on XDA.)
  2. Access the root partition in the left panel and go into the "/system" folder
  3. Open the file "build.prop" with the text editor.
  4. Simply change the line
    Code:
    ro.config.tima=[COLOR="Red"][B]1[/B][/COLOR]
    to
    Code:
    ro.config.tima=[COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]0[/B][/COLOR]
  6. Reboot.
Samsung Health is now working again. :good:

10 - ▼ Troubleshooting

You have a problem with your Note FE ? Take a look at those answers before posting :

• Q: I try to flash TWRP with Odin but a message pops up on my device and says "custom binary has been block due to remaining installment balance". What's happening ?
    A: RMM. This message is more likely to appear if you still have RMM enabled. Boot your phone, keep it powered on and running and never reboots during 7 days and it should disappear.
  • Q: I've flashed TWRP with success, formatted data and stuff but I see the message "custom binary has been block due to remaining installment balance" at boot and I can't boot ! What's happening ?
    A: RMM again ! Once data has been formatted and Android first reinstalled, RMM lock is back! Same thing can happen if you did not install the RMM fix with TWRP. To unbrick it, you have 2 options : 1 - Flash stock BUT with HOME_CSC. (It will keep the RMM elasped time, but you'll have to keep in mind since how much time has elapsed already.) or 2 - Reflash stock and follow the entire procedure again and the waiting again. The first one might work, if not, then try the 2nd one.
  • Q: I've managed to install TWRP, root and get my phone up and running but I've clicked on the orange "Reboot" in the Anti-Malware tab in the Device Management app.
    Now my phone bootloops (or) shows the message "custom binary has been block due to remaining installment balance" and I'm stuck with it.

A: You've got trapped into Samsung Anti-Malware crap. This utility can't delete Magisk. Any solutions ? Restore one of your previous TWRP backup but if you have none, the only solution is to re-flash stock, repeat the entire procedure, disable SecurityEventLog service to get rid of those annoying security pop-ups AND stay away from the anti-malware utility !

11 - ▼ Extras

Thanks. If there is any mistakes or errors, please feel free to report them to me, I'll correct them :)

Credits goes to :

Author : RicePlay33

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,863
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 1,848
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,772
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,651
Last edited:

RicePlay33

Oct 21, 2017
Bordeaux
Well the answers are : Maybe and No.

Some mods that you can apply with TWRP may work, some not.
Concerning custom ROMs it's totally no. ROMs are designed for specific hardware and phone models. Unless someone creates a custom ROM for the Note FE, it's not possible.

Reactions: corsicanu

benyou54

Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
Some mods that you can apply with TWRP may work, some not.
Concerning custom ROMs it's totally no. ROMs are designed for specific hardware and phone models. Unless someone creates a custom ROM for the Note FE, it's not possible.
Yes you can use custom roms from the Note 7 or Note FE of Korea [emoji12]

Envoyé de mon SM-N935F en utilisant Tapatalk

RicePlay33

Oct 21, 2017
Bordeaux
@RicePlay33 just out of curiosity, what mods have you tried ?

I've only tried the Dual Speaker mod for the S7 edge as it was my previous device, but it only works partially on the FE actually. Whenever I make a phone call for the first time just after rebooting, the microphone works fine but then if I try any more times after, the microphone stops working without any reasons :/ Quite a weird problem.. Like I said, some mods may work, some not.

edan1979

Jan 8, 2009
KL
any mod you want to try i suggest take it from s8/s8+ version. anyway since you guys has root your device... try to update some of the old apps in system. got a better one out there.

RicePlay33

Oct 21, 2017
Bordeaux
I've tried the Dual Speaker for the Note 8 (Magisk mod) but it simply didn't work. That would be awesome if the dev of this mod for the S7/ S7 edge version could release a NFE one ;) (@zubi182)

Last edited:
Reactions: corsicanu
Feb 22, 2014
Bielefeld
Does anyone know if Secure Folder can be somehow enabled? I managed to do it on my rooted S7 Edge , but with dark lord rom and some sort of kernel. I'm guessing this isn't possible on this rooted stock rom?

donart81

Jan 21, 2018
Hi ! Was able to reboot and edit some lines (using root explorer) in build.prop ro.securestorage to false and ro.config.tima to 0. Problem is.. the securestorage even at false value i still cant view the saved wifi passwords. So i tried changing the permission to 777 thats when i had the red custom binary blocked and rmm prenormal. Flashed to stock rom last night. Not sure how but i tried flashing only with csc_home but red warning is still there. But with ap it worked. Didnt flash bl, cp etc. Am i doing this right? So now i have to wait again. Can i use supersu instead of magisk? the root is not giving me full privelege in this androdumpper app (on the saved password section ). Thank you for your awesome post RicePlay33.

RicePlay33

Oct 21, 2017
Bordeaux
@donart81 I've searched a bit and I've found this => http://phuongpn.com/how-to-decrypting-wifi-password-on-samsung-galaxy-phone-solved/ Did you done the rest of the operation ?
Also, changing the value of "ro.securestorage to false" maybe triggers the RMM lockdown as it seems related to the security of the device. (Encrypting WiFi passwords)

The message was still there because you've ONLY flashed "HOME_CSC", it was specified to flash stock (so including everything BL/AP/CP etc) but for the CSC, choosing the HOME_CSC one. It will flash stock 99% like usual but the HOME_CSC will keep the time elapsed of RMM, reducing the time needed to re-root it again.

You should have tried to disable RMM :D Maybe it wouldn't have bricked itself.

donart81

Jan 21, 2018
oh so that's how you flash hehe. i'm such a noob.
yup i think i have done the rest of the operation. I've successfully rebooted after changing the value of the build.prop (ro.securestorage + ro.config.tima) to see if it was not reverted back to original. device was working. it was only when i changed its permission checked it all suddenly it bricked my phone hehe.
next time i'll try to change the value of the "Support Rmm" in the experiment section and report back if it worked :D
thank you for your informative reply.

Reactions: RicePlay33

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
There has been some development about a possible RMM State Fix Over here.
Did anyone try it?

I'm just waiting for the 7 days to pass, and this wait itself is killing me!

Reactions: donart81

RicePlay33

Oct 21, 2017
Bordeaux
Yeah I saw that. I was thinking to talk about it but I didn't had the time recently.
I'll update the main post, although I may need someone to try it first and report me what is going on on his device to be able to document it as clear as possible and also to see if it works without any problems.

Don't worry, 7 days and you'll be free like a bird is ;)

mest47

Feb 12, 2018
hello i installed twrp on the device and made root and then waited 7 days and 7 days is completed. When the device is off and the device is open, the device has failed.
My fault : custom binary blocked due to remaining installment balance
Please melp me mate
what should I do ?

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Yeah I saw that. I was thinking to talk about it but I didn't had the time recently.
I'll update the main post, although I may need someone to try it first and report me what is going on on his device to be able to document it as clear as possible and also to see if it works without any problems.

Don't worry, 7 days and you'll be free like a bird is ;)

I will do it as soon as I'm released from the jail.!
However, "This being free is temporary" I guess as it seems like after a new firmware update from Samsung, This will be a routine process.

hello i installed twrp on the device and made root and then waited 7 days and 7 days is completed. When the device is off and the device is open, the device has failed.
My fault : custom binary blocked due to remaining installment balance
Please melp me mate
what should I do ?

Hi, Im not really qualified to answer your query, But from What I have learned -

You need to flash a Stock Rom,
Do the 7 Day wait until the RMM State is disappeared,
Then Follow the steps in the OP, and Flash the RMM State fix immediately to prevent getting locked again.

Reactions: KOLIOSIS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE OF JULY, 13th 2019 : IMPORTANT INFO : This guide is no longer updated. The recent update of June 2019 broke compatibility with my Bootloader Ver. 2 I was using which worked fine from the first Nougat release to the first Pie update (included). As I'm still daily running Android Nougat (7.0), I can't risk to upgrade to BL Ver. 5 and find myself locked under Pie. And the main risk is that I can't know if BL v5 is breaking modem compatibility or not and if it does it means that I'll lose all wireless connectivity under Nougat. So, as I can't risk my device (which is my daily) I have no choice other than dropping the support of this device. I apologize.

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note Fan Edition
    Exynos 8890 - International Ver. [SM-N935F/DS]

866793NFEXDA.png

Current Status :

(Pie 9.0) - POST 06/21/2019 Update - Unknown
    (Pie 9.0) - PRE 06/21/2019 Update - Rootable
    (Oreo 8.0) - Rootable
    (Nougat 7.0) - Rootable

Latest Ver. of TWRP: v3.3.1-0

Latest Ver. of Android: Pie (Android 9.0)

1 - ▼ DISCLAIMER

- I DECLINE TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DAMAGE OR BRICK YOUR PHONE WHILE TRYING THIS METHOD ! YOU'RE DOING IT AT YOUR OWN RISKS !
    - THIS METHOD IS ONLY VALID FOR THE GALAXY NOTE FAN EDITION (EXYNOS Ver.) SM-N935F/DS VERSION ! IT'S NOT SUITABLE FOR THE KOREAN VARIANTS !
    - FLASHING ANY CUSTOM BINARY WILL IRREMEDIABLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND KNOX COUNTER WILL BE TRIGGERED (0x1).
    - MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DEVICE HAS AT LEAST 70% BATTERY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEPS !
    - ALL THE DATA ON THE INTERNAL STORAGE WILL BE DELETED ! BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES IN A SAFE PLACE BEFORE PROCEEDING !

2 - ▼ Important Infos

To avoid making any mistakes, I HIGHLY recommend you to READ CAREFULLY the WHOLE guide BEFORE attempting anything! Prevention is better than cure remember ;)

The Galaxy Note FE (like many other Samsung devices) use dm-verity and data partition encryption.

Android 9.0 (Pie) - UPDATE OF THE 06/21/2019 (Bootloader V5) :

The Note FE (International Ver.) Android Pie update of (June 2019) support is unknown.
    As I can't try if my patch works, (see above), I can't test if the latest update is rootable or not.

However, the problem is probably similiar to the first Pie release of March 2019, the fix is also probably the same
    but due to changes to the kernel or boot routines, the old fix dosen't work anymore.

If you're under an older Pie release (typically with a v4 BL or less) or even under an other Android version, you can still follow this guide.

About RMM State :

The Note FE (International Ver.) is shipped with a component called "RMM".
    This component is able to prevent the end-user from flashing any custom binary on the device while it's active.

You can check if your RMM is enabled or disabled by putting your device in Download Mode :
    - If the line "RMM State: Prenormal" is present, then RMM is enabled and you won't be able to flash any custom binary.
    - If it's absent, then it has already been disabled which means that you'll be able to flash any custom binary.

This component suddenly disable itself after 7 days of continuous uptime since the device has been last powered on.
    You can check your device actual uptime by going into : "Settings" > "About phone" > "Status" > "Uptime"
    Or use CPU-Z : "System" tab and "System Uptime". (CPU-Z displays the uptime in days rather than hours.)

Once 7 days are elapsed, it will be desactivated BUT! If you format the data partition for example, which's required to disable data encryption for rooting, it will be back!
    Even worse, if you reboot once you've setup your phone, you'll get blocked with a message when you'll powering it on saying ("custom binary has been block due to remaining installment balance") and you'll have to reflash stock to get your device working again...

To avoid that, once the /data partition has been wiped, you'll need to apply the RMM fix (prerequisites section, see below) which prevents the device from re-self-locking itself after rebooting, once the initial setup has been completed.

Everytime you install a new official firmware, RMM might be active again.
    It is triggered by an hidden system app called "Rlc" which acts on the bootloader lock.

If your Rlc app is still present, the best thing to do is to simply delete it ASAP to prevent any unpredictable action on your bootloader. (system/priv-app/Rlc)
    For custom ROMs, normally they're safe. But still, check if the dev has already deleted Rlc, otherwise you'll have to do it by yourself.

3 - ▼ Prerequisites

1 - A SAMSUNG Galaxy Note FE [SM-N935F/DS]
    2 - The Samsung USB Drivers (If not already installed, => [HERE] <= )
    3 - Download the lastest Odin (v3.13.1) => [HERE] <=
    4 - Download TWRP for the Galaxy Note7 [SM-N930F] (v3.2.1-0.img.tar) => [HERE] <=

5 - For Android Nougat (7.0) :
    5 - For Android Oreo (8.0) :
    3. Download the /data partition fix (for Android Oreo) [HERE]
    5 - For Android Pie (9.0) :
    3. Download the Kernel Patch (for Android Pie) [HERE]
    6 - A PC and a USB-C Cable
    7 - A brain, a pair of eyeballs and some fingers (Yeah, that could help... especially the first one..)

4 - ▼ Flashing TWRP 3.2.1-0 on the Galaxy Note FE

If Your RMM is locked you will have to wait 7 days (or 168 hours) while maintaining your device up and running. (NEVER REBOOT DURING THIS TIME ! IT WILL RESET THE RMM TIME COUNTER!)
    => For more info and/or if you don't understand what I'm talking about, please refer to section 2 of this page and read it all.

Once RMM is desactivated (or already desactivated), you can proceed to the next steps :

1. Make sure to enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM Unlock" in the Dev Options.
    2. Connect your phone to your PC and drag and drop the Magisk package and the RMM fix at the root of your microSD card.
      Now, depending on the Android version you're running, drag and drop the additional fix that you've downloaded earlier at the root of your mSD card too. (Only if you're on Oreo or Pie)
    3. Once it's done, backup everything valuable and power off your device.
    4. Enter the Download Mode by pressing simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons for 5 sec. Read the warning message and just answer "Continue".
    5. Launch Odin and select TWRP 3.2.1-0 archive by clicking on the "AP" button.
    6. Go to the "Options" tab and untick "Auto-reboot"
    7. Connect your phone which is in DL Mode to your PC.
    8. /IMPORTANT!\ Make sure Odin is seeing your device properly.
      (Once connected, you should see the box under the "ID:COM" tab displaying "0:[COM*]" in blue, meaning your phone has been detected successfully. If not, Install the Samsung USB Drivers, link available in the prerequisites section.)
    9. Flash TWRP.
    10. Wait while Odin in flashing the recovery. /AVOID TOUCHING ANYTHING DURING FLASH PROCESS\
    11. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the USB-C cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the DL mode disappears.
    12. When at the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to enter TWRP recovery.
    13. You should see TWRP logo just after the Note FE splash-screen.
    Now TWRP is successfully installed. But we're not done yet ! We still have to deal with the data encryption and disable dm-verity in order to boot properly.

5 - ▼ [9.0] Rooting the Galaxy Note FE under Android Pie

6. Once the device has rebooted in Recovery again, tap "Install" and Install the RMM fix package from your SD card.
    8. Install the kernel patch for Android Pie.
    10. Install the Magisk package, the root solution.

6 - ▼ [8.0] Rooting the Galaxy Note FE under Android Oreo

10. Install the /data partition fix package.

7 - ▼ [7.0] Rooting the Galaxy Note FE under Android Nougat

4. Data is now wiped and encryption removed !
    10. Last step, tap "Reboot" and then "System"

8 - ▼ Disable SecurityLogAgent pop-up & Samsung Anti-Malware

Samsung provides an anti-malware on their phones and the Note FE is one of them. The system will detect that Magisk has been installed and a service called "SecurityLogAgent" will regularly
    pop-up in your notification bar to invite you to launch the Device Maintenance app and reboot the device using an orange button to "eliminate" the threat. => DO NOT REBOOT USING THIS BUTTON ! <=
    You'll end up soft-brick your phone. And this, won't disappear on it's own.

Here's how to disable and definitively hide that anti-malware crap from the Device Management app :
    2. Access the root partition in the left panel and go into the "/system/csc" folder
    3. Open the file "others.xml" with the text editor.
    4. Add the following line at the end :
      Code:
      [I]<CscFeature_SmartManager_DisableAntiMalware>TRUE</CscFeature_SmartManager_DisableAntiMalware>[/I]
    6. Reboot.
    The Samsung Anti Malware is now disabled as well as the annoying pop-up.You're good to go, enjoy!

9 - ▼ Fix Samsung Health

For whatever reasons, Samsung locks-up Samsung Health once Knox has been triggered.. But go figure why, there's only a simple thing to do to re-enable the app and be able to use it again easily.

You can either use a file manager or the app "BuildProp Editor".
    2. Access the root partition in the left panel and go into the "/system" folder
    3. Open the file "build.prop" with the text editor.
    4. Simply change the line
      Code:
      ro.config.tima=[COLOR="Red"][B]1[/B][/COLOR]
      to
      Code:
      ro.config.tima=[COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]0[/B][/COLOR]
    6. Reboot.
    Samsung Health is now working again. :good:

10 - ▼ Troubleshooting

You have a problem with your Note FE ? Take a look at those answers before posting :

• Q: I try to flash TWRP with Odin but a message pops up on my device and says "custom binary has been block due to remaining installment balance". What's happening ?
      A: RMM. This message is more likely to appear if you still have RMM enabled. Boot your phone, keep it powered on and running and never reboots during 7 days and it should disappear.
    • Q: I've flashed TWRP with success, formatted data and stuff but I see the message "custom binary has been block due to remaining installment balance" at boot and I can't boot ! What's happening ?
      A: RMM again ! Once data has been formatted and Android first reinstalled, RMM lock is back! Same thing can happen if you did not install the RMM fix with TWRP. To unbrick it, you have 2 options : 1 - Flash stock BUT with HOME_CSC. (It will keep the RMM elasped time, but you'll have to keep in mind since how much time has elapsed already.) or 2 - Reflash stock and follow the entire procedure again and the waiting again. The first one might work, if not, then try the 2nd one.
    • Q: I've managed to install TWRP, root and get my phone up and running but I've clicked on the orange "Reboot" in the Anti-Malware tab in the Device Management app.
      Now my phone bootloops (or) shows the message "custom binary has been block due to remaining installment balance" and I'm stuck with it.

A: You've got trapped into Samsung Anti-Malware crap. This utility can't delete Magisk. Any solutions ? Restore one of your previous TWRP backup but if you have none, the only solution is to re-flash stock, repeat the entire procedure, disable SecurityEventLog service to get rid of those annoying security pop-ups AND stay away from the anti-malware utility !

11 - ▼ Extras

Thanks. If there is any mistakes or errors, please feel free to report them to me, I'll correct them :)

Credits goes to :

Author : RicePlay33
    Android Pie (9.0) - Kernel Patch v1.0

April 1st, 2019 - Android Pie Update.

This is the kernel patch needed in order to be able to use TWRP properly with Android Pie (9.0) :)

RicePlay33.
    Hey guys need your help. I have already manage to root, install magisk, but now i need help to install xposed that can work alongside with magisk. I can't find the right framework. Once i install the framework i will have bootloop.
    Well, I cannot guarantee you that it will work as expected as I've never tried it, but it seems that Xposed on Nougat is a bit more Samsung-friendly now.

Check it out here : https://www.xda-developers.com/xposed-updated-samsung-support-less-bootloops/
    @RicePlay33 just out of curiosity, what mods have you tried ?

I've only tried the Dual Speaker mod for the S7 edge as it was my previous device, but it only works partially on the FE actually. Whenever I make a phone call for the first time just after rebooting, the microphone works fine but then if I try any more times after, the microphone stops working without any reasons :/ Quite a weird problem.. Like I said, some mods may work, some not.
    Here is the /data fix for the Note FE for Magisk
    I've ported it from the N8 fix by @dr.ketan ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone