SM-N950U/U1 Factory_SW (Combination File) AQH8 - ARA3

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
**Welcome to the Fox Den!**

This is the Factory Binary SM-N950U/U1 Factory_SW (Combination File).

This file is to be used for development purposes and carrier change.

Downloads:
Use WinRAR (or 7zip) to extract the RAR files
WinRAR

SM-N950U Factory_SW (Combination File)(newest on top)

Bootloader V3
COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU3ARA3

Bootloader V2
COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU2AQL1
COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU2AQK3
COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU2AQK2

Bootloader V1
COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU1AQK1
COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU1AQI6
COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU1AQI3
COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU1AQH8

Mirrors:
COMBINATION_FA71_N950U…tar.md5.rar
COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU1AQH8.rar

I will try to update versions as they are released and I have time and funds as they are not free,
thank you to those who have donated, I put it back into helping here ...

Thanks to @leprkon and @elliwigy for the mirrors.

Other Links
*Culpeo ROM*
*Fennec ROM*
*SM-N950U1 XAA Stock Recovery Guide*
*Carrier Flashing and Switching Guide*
*Edit APN Settings & Native HotSpot Guide*
*S Note & Working Action Memo*
*Free SIM Unlock Service by: @instrumentaly*

Last edited:

StanTek

Dec 29, 2013
I found this will looking for factory binary for SM-950U1...

SM-N950U Factory_SW (Combination File)

I'm sorry to be asking a stupid question.
What can I use this for? I have the Note 8 N950U and I want to root it. Will this help? I know how to use TWRP and ODIN and I've rooted numerous phones in the past. I'm just not understanding this "Combination file" term.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
In the past engineering software had unlocked boot loader or permissive SE, first steps to get root. Unless you know exactly what you doing, I wouldn't touch it and wait for experts to find solution, namely root. Engineering software may not be 100% stable or may not let your phone fully charge etc

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
Devs workkng on root are already past this point...no need for this unless using to unbrick your device or other development purposes...this will also be used in switching carriers when we get it all figured out...Do not use if you do not know what you are doing!!!

mister_propa

Nov 26, 2015
Bronx
Please Root soon the Note 8 N950U we all need root for this phone someone please try to open the Note 8 and try to inspect the hardware inside the US Model that may be and easy way to get Root and to know wich bugs will work to Root this device all they have to do is use a note 8 for experiment a root for N950U and bypass the Boot loader that may also help??
Word i went from jail broken iphones to rooted androids n never went back so not to sound like a fiend but yes i beg for the root! lol real talk people dont kno how useful it is to people that understand the capability

car2carl

Dec 8, 2015
Carrier Switching Guide coming soon....
I am waiting for your step by step as I have T mobile with permanent SIM unlocked.
I was able to flash to Unlocked version FW and removed the bloats but the carrier is still TMB in the baseband .
With this Factory Binary can I make my phone Fully unlocked Version to XAA/XAA/XAA? is it called debranding?
The reason I want have some more freq on unlocked version LTE band that T mobile version don't have. and use some CDMA on 3G
I am hoping there is no hardware limitation on T mobile phone.
Thank you

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
I am waiting for your step by step as I have T mobile with permanent SIM unlocked.
I was able to flash to Unlocked version FW and removed the bloats but the carrier is still TMB in the baseband .
With this Factory Binary can I make my phone Fully unlocked Version to XAA/XAA/XAA? is it called debranding?
The reason I want have some more freq on unlocked version LTE band that T mobile version don't have. and use some CDMA on 3G
I am hoping there is no hardware limitation on T mobile phone.
Thank you
For debranding you need root...for carrier switching...guide is up and allows you to change clear csc to add intended csc so you can flash intended carrier Firmware without previous carrier info...https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8/how-to/guide-sm-n950u-u1-t3685884...why do you want to debrand the device?

Reactions: bricky23

car2carl

Dec 8, 2015
.why do you want to debrand the device?
Thank you Bluefox for reply, I might have wrong assumption that if Fully Unlocked Firmware is also determined by the last 3 digits XAA ( support CDMA band)

I don't have tools to proof it work with CDMA, (unless by registering my device to sprint after flashed to XAA) , as T mobile only support GSM.
Job assignment force me to use some CDMA band while overseas and most of them in job site still use CDMA in 2G and 3G which is not covered by T mobile handset with original FW.

For better explanation of my question , Can I use the handset without Sim Card on Sprint as long as they register my Handset (MEIID/ESN) for Voice service only.? like old time CDMA phone handset?

Thank you again