• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SM-N975F Dual SIM?

Search This thread

liamR

Feb 14, 2007
My SM-N975F sim card drawer does not have a room for 2 sims only one sim and a SD card. I tried to put the second sim in the SD card slot but there is no way to fit it. Also there isn't 2 IMEIs on the phone box or in the phone settings.

Reactions: winol

carlitobahsoun

Sep 26, 2012
beirut lebanon
My SM-N975F sim card drawer does not have a room for 2 sims only one sim and a SD card. I tried to put the second sim in the SD card slot but there is no way to fit it. Also there isn't 2 IMEIs on the phone box or in the phone settings.
than ur phone not n975f DS , i think and check ur mobile info using phone info app from play store or in setting about phone/ model number

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
View attachment 4988127

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
yeah there are 2 versions, if you picked up from a network chances are it is a single SIM variant, if you purchased unlocked through the likes of Samsung it will have "DS" on the end of the model number meaning it is a dual SIM variant.

it's confusing but it's just the way it works unfortunately as it cuts cost on network provided phones.

basically if you want dual SIM your best bet is to purchased direct from Samsung or a third party who sells the dual SIM version, but a network provider is likely to give the single SIM to stop people using 2 networks and to cut the cost of a second modem.

Reactions: liamR

liamR

Feb 14, 2007
So there is no way to mod or activate the dual sim in the SM-N975F (without DS) model? Is it hardware limitation?

If I remember correctly the single sim Note 9 did have a mod for this.

Last edited:

KOLIOSIS

Jan 17, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
So there is no way to mod or activate the dual sim in the SM-N975F (without DS) model? Is it hardware limitation?

If I remember correctly the single some Note 9 did have a mod for this.

There is no 2nd SIM to activate on your phone, it is physically lacking the hardware to support a 2nd SIM:

SM-N975F : Single SIM

SM-N975FD or SM-N975F D/S : Dual SIM

If you want to eliminate all doubt as to whether your phone indeed does have a physical 2nd SIM, the only other possibility that I can think of is if you buy a Dual-SIM Card Tray & flash a (compatible?) Dual SIM firmware, but, doing so at your own risk.

As others have stated, the carrier branded versions are Single SIM & in all likelihood, are not capable of being converted to a Dual-SIM model.

Last edited:
Reactions: liamR

atulkhera

May 7, 2012
The firmware for N975F and N975FD is the same, there is no specific FW for dual SIM.

Thx for clarifying that firmware for both is same. My phone specs shows that model is SM-N975F but it is dual sim and it does not show anywhere that it is SM-N975F/DS or SD.
Why it is like that. Is there something wrong or just becoz they both have same firmware so it just shows N975F.

OnnoJ

Nov 13, 2012
Medemblik
Nothing wrong, I think only the box showed that it was DS.
Mine also N975F/DS, but does not show on outside phone nor in phone info in settings.
It does show 2 IMEI-nrs both on outside/back of phone as in phone info, that's the giveaway!

aman2017

May 14, 2017
Hi you can convert a single sim note 10+ to dual sim, it does have the hardware as does the s10+ I have done it to both. Once you have activated and tricked system into thinking its a factory dual sim device. you have to write another imei to the second sim other it will be 000000000+ but But thats easy to do using any number of commercial tools i used chimera tool

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
Hi you can convert a single sim note 10+ to dual sim, it does have the hardware as does the s10+ I have done it to both. Once you have activated and tricked system into thinking its a factory dual sim device. you have to write another imei to the second sim other it will be 000000000+ but But thats easy to do using any number of commercial tools i used chimera tool
IMEI numbers are assigned to a specific logic card serial number, anybody assigning an imei
Number the way you point out, is performing an illegal action

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah there are 2 versions, if you picked up from a network chances are it is a single SIM variant, if you purchased unlocked through the likes of Samsung it will have "DS" on the end of the model number meaning it is a dual SIM variant.

it's confusing but it's just the way it works unfortunately as it cuts cost on network provided phones.

basically if you want dual SIM your best bet is to purchased direct from Samsung or a third party who sells the dual SIM version, but a network provider is likely to give the single SIM to stop people using 2 networks and to cut the cost of a second modem.

If I remember correctly the single some Note 9 did have a mod for this.

There is no 2nd SIM to activate on your phone, it is physically lacking the hardware to support a 2nd SIM:

SM-N975F : Single SIM

SM-N975FD or SM-N975F D/S : Dual SIM

If you want to eliminate all doubt as to whether your phone indeed does have a physical 2nd SIM, the only other possibility that I can think of is if you buy a Dual-SIM Card Tray & flash a (compatible?) Dual SIM firmware, but, doing so at your own risk.

As others have stated, the carrier branded versions are Single SIM & in all likelihood, are not capable of being converted to a Dual-SIM model.
    The firmware for N975F and N975FD is the same, there is no specific FW for dual SIM.