SM-N9860 Soft Brick Recovery

Search This thread

chetbiz

Jul 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Going to share more details of the repair process tomorrow
It would be great if you could share about the repair process, I sent my phone back to korea hope that they will repair it in warranty but they said to pay 700$ to change the motherboard and that the warranty void. So Im still with my bricked note 20 (( about JTAG solution the problem that z3x team dont have support for the sm-n9860, I have the box but no files for repair...

andriy_

Feb 5, 2018
Mine is not ready yet... Hopefuly next week. I've asked the repairers to provide more information like photos / memory maps etc.

darsh79n1

Jun 7, 2015
I have a new issue too after march update... I cant log in to recover from my laptop or any other pc i tried.... I made a full reset and still not working.... Anyone facing this issue too?

chetbiz

Jul 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Nope, guys use EasyJTAG to work directly with the eMMC. They have told me that many sectors cannot be read and written as well. Also the flashing speed is very slow (like 11Mbps). So the work in progress - I'll update on the result.
I see, for easyjtag there should be maps to how connect corectly to the chip, I guess they dont have it and going with trial and error option..

Nettwerk

Nope, guys use EasyJTAG to work directly with the eMMC. They have told me that many sectors cannot be read and written as well. Also the flashing speed is very slow (like 11Mbps). So the work in progress - I'll update on the result.
I'm interested to know how they fixed or even is possible to fix. Looks more difficult then you though. I hope your phone will be fixed. This is why I'm not rooting unlocking bootloader or flashing custom roms.

What I need is binary 4 AP file that unlocks FRP after you flash it, only Samsung have this files, eventually this files leak to the internet but our model new and you cant find it for sm-n9860. This guys sell this files for sm-n985f model.
https://www.fullstockfirmwaredownload.com/downloads/frp-bypass-sm-n985f/
I think it will be available for sm-n9860 too but the question is when?

Maybe someone have friends in Hong Kong that can help me with my warranty? or here guys from Hong Kong that can help?
Hi,
I have the identical problem. flashed CHC CSC over TGY for call recording, which worked. as the set started to lag, I tried to full flash latest TGY and soft bricked. I'm also looking for binary 4 combination firmware. please let me know if you found it.

But on that note, this is completely Samsung's fault. A handset that has official binary, frp lock on, oem lock on, knox on, secureboot on, I should not be able to brick it. Stupid Samsung engineering!
Cheers

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One guy from XDA is helping me with the resolution of the problem and doing a great job. Looks like the only choice we have is to do the custom (phone specific, one time usage) file that should allow to upload any firmware despite of FRP status... I'll update you on our progress.
    Hi mate, you got your phone? any news with repair>?
    Hi, did you succeed to recover your device?