SM-N986U/U1 Oneui3.0 Beta full tar firmware

Search This thread

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
For sm-n986u/u1 only!

Unlocked bootloader is neccessary at this time as the TAR's do not contain signed imgs

This is just a place I'm going to drop my Odin tars that I have made from oneui 3.0 beta firmware.

Simply flash the tar like you normally would using odin. Boot up, test it out. AP in AP slot, etc etc.

To root, you must be bootloader unlocked, flash the supplied twrp and flash magisk. (instructions in txt file in the downloaded archive).Though to boot into the oneui3.0 system, you do need to revert back to stock oneui3.0 recovery. A full wipe, factory reset or formatting of data may be needed.

Flashing encryption disabler works, and sdcard can be read in twrp after formatting data.

Samsung wearables need a patched bluetooth file to pair. I have this. If I forget to upload, remind me.

There's no point linking to beta 1 or beta 2, so I'll just start here with Beta 3.

** I have not tested this on a locked bootloader device. If you try it, please report back if it flashes fully.

Downloads

One UI 3.0 BETA3 (unlocked bootloader only version) - Download
TWRP 3.4.07zz (for oneui3.0 only)
TWRP and root process - Download

--->

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
2 questions

1) If we're on ATJ5 can we still flash this?

2) By flashing the other provided files we will be on a rooted Beta 3 on a N986U1, as in the North American Snapdragon version? Because I thought the only way to root was via the remote unlock service?

As always, you need an unlocked bootloader to flash twrp. However you achieve unlock is up to you. But thanks for reminding me to add that comment to the op.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
I have just realized, the tar I linked has nulled vbmeta in it. Meaning it won't flash on a stock locked bootloader device. But I will update this situation with the stock vbmetas. No promises but it should flash after that.

I have just realized, the tar I linked has nulled vbmeta in it. Meaning it won't flash on a stock locked bootloader device. But I will update this situation with the stock vbmetas. No promises but it should flash after that.
whew! i was just about to test this on my 986U version. i'll wait for the updated version before flashing on my device. thanks for sharing.

Carrier mismatch,. So it got through all the bootloader and AP files and failed on csc?

I'm surprised it flashes on a locked bootloader

Odin verifies carrier.bin then dqmdbg.bin during flashing, and the mismatch occurs at that moment, but on device it says Secure Check Fail: Carrier. I assume that's where the checksum differs. Just a hunch though. Waiting for the locked bootloader version for upload and will try that one.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Odin verifies carrier.bin then dqmdbg.bin during flashing, and the mismatch occurs at that moment, but on device it says Secure Check Fail: Carrier. I assume that's where the checksum differs. Just a hunch though. Waiting for the locked bootloader version for upload and will try that one.

You can try something, open the appropriate tar with 7zip or whatever and delete those two files. See if the flash goes through them. Technically those two partitions won't matter with the whole process.

The most important partitions in AP are

Boot
Dtbo
Super
Recovery

If you strip the AP tar back to that, and flash it alongside the BL, and CP it should get you to one ui 3.0.

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
I am not. I intended to update and say it didn't flash. Failed at carrier mismatch.
Carrier mismatch,. So it got through all the bootloader and AP files and failed on csc?
I'm surprised it flashes on a locked bootloader
I came here and saw the first page and wanted to tell you to not respond to denson. LOL .. he doesnt know what he is talking about and he does not want to read.
The moment he asked the question i knew he didnt read about unlocked bootloader.

To Mentalmuso - the only reason i dont want to respond to the ones unwilling to read is they will brick their phones on what you tell and what they understand and then guilt trip you as if you are responsible so help them fix. He asked a question in another thread about flashing ATID from ATJ5 without reading. Good that he didnt brick his phone.

To Denson - Really humble request please read. But its a free world one is free to do as they please.

I came here and saw the first page and wanted to tell you to not respond to denson. LOL .. he doesnt know what he is talking about and he does not want to read.
The moment he asked the question i knew he didnt read about unlocked bootloader.

To Mentalmuso - the only reason i dont want to respond to the ones unwilling to read is they will brick their phones on what you tell and what they understand and then guilt trip you as if you are responsible so help them fix. He asked a question in another thread about flashing ATID from ATJ5 without reading. Good that he didnt brick his phone.

To Denson - Really humble request please read. But its a free world one is free to do as they please.

Very polite respond, but a tad bit premature in its nature. At the time of my question, the addition of unlocked bootloader and locked bootloader was not added, prompting the question. Thanks for the feedback, nevertheless. I've been here for awhile, so I'm pretty familiar with thread etiquette, but I appreciate the reminder.

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Very polite respond, but a tad bit premature in its nature. At the time of my question, the addition of unlocked bootloader and locked bootloader was not added, prompting the question. Thanks for the feedback, nevertheless. I've been here for awhile, so I'm pretty familiar with thread etiquette, but I appreciate the reminder.
If you have been here for a while then you must know the following..
1. Popular Ways to flash a locked BL Samsung device - Odin, Heimdall, Recovery
2. How to flash different firmwares using Odin and how to download firmwares using tools like Frija, SamFw and websites etc?

If you didn't know the second point I have whole thread about that for people looking to get to Beta, and that thread has links to thread about posting different firmwares. That should have told you its possible to go from ATJ5 to ATID (If you read it) and would have answered your own question that you asked in another thread. Hence the reminder nothing personal. Appreciate the polite response.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
For sm-n986u/u1 only!
To root, you must be bootloader unlocked, flash the supplied twrp and flash magisk. (instructions in txt file in the downloaded archive).Though to boot into the oneui3.0 system, you do need to revert back to stock oneui3.0 recovery. A full wipe, factory reset or formatting of data may be needed.

Flashing encryption disabler works, and sdcard can be read in twrp after formatting data.

Downloads

TWRP and root process - Download
--->

Which encryption disabler do we use, is it the one in the twrp thread for android 10 OneUI 2.5 ?.

In the text file included in your TWRP download there's instructions to flash twrp.img in the official twrp app.

1. I've tried the official twrp app on my device: "US N986U1" on android 10 and the twrp app doesn't recognize my device, i.e my device doesn't show up in the device list.
Twrp app allowed me to flash files but it always fails on android 10 for my device. So I'm not sure it's gonna work OneUI 3.0 .

2. Which twrp.img should be flashed in the official twrp app if it does work ?, there no twrp.imp included in files only TWRP.tar. I extracted the TWRP.tar and there's a "recovery" file in it , it that the file to be flashed in the official twrp app ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You use SM 986U ?. that's the one in list without 5G ?. I used SM 986U but it didn't work , when I went back yo timing it was showing "Edit device fingerprint active". My device is showing as SM N986U . how do i remove and go back to original prop ?.

All that information is in the instructions I linked ..
    Go back and do the second method that was in the reddit link.