SM-N986U/U1 Oneui3.0 Beta full tar firmware

Search This thread

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Try installing Terminal Emulator type in su then enter make sure root privileges granted. Then type in svc power reboot recovery click enter

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Sorry thought you were already rooted. Will not work unless root is installed..again sorry I mis-read

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
Boot will overwrite recovery if you aren't rooted and have that part fixed. One of the reasons we started with insecure boot images years ago was to overcome this.

Yeah i know booting will overwrite the recovery but the recovery wasn't;t installed in the first place. When i press power + volume after installing the twrp.tar file in download mode it booted to system instead of recovery .

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
Yes my bootloader is unlocked . I got it working. It was the key press combo to get into twrp after flashing from download , i was doing that wrong .

Sent Fr: SM-N986U1 tapatalk Pro

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
When i flash twrp from the twrp app and boot to twrp, to go back as instructed, i flashed the "all_stock_recovery" before rebooting system . After rooting system phone goes to stock recovery first and from there i have to do a reboot system again to boot up . Is that the way it should work ?.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Which encryption disabler do we use, is it the one in the twrp thread for android 10 OneUI 2.5 ?.

In the text file included in your TWRP download there's instructions to flash twrp.img in the official twrp app.

1. I've tried the official twrp app on my device: "US N986U1" on android 10 and the twrp app doesn't recognize my device, i.e my device doesn't show up in the device list.
Twrp app allowed me to flash files but it always fails on android 10 for my device. So I'm not sure it's gonna work OneUI 3.0 .

2. Which twrp.img should be flashed in the official twrp app if it does work ?, there no twrp.imp included in files only TWRP.tar. I extracted the TWRP.tar and there's a "recovery" file in it , it that the file to be flashed in the official twrp app ?

Thanks for bringing up the encryption disabler. The same encryption disabler for 2.5 works on 3.0

As for twrp, the recovery.img inside the tar you initially flash, is the TWRP you want to extract and rename and place on your device for later flashing.

Edit. Or.. here is a link to the img file directly. This is actually a version of TWRP that has bluetooth fix to help with wearable connections. To apply fix type "twrpx" in the TWRP terminal. There is also an encryption disabler fyi

TWRP 3.4.07zz (for oneui3.0 only)

--->

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
TWRP 3.4.0-7zz (for oneui3.0 only)

This version is a version ahead of the one supplied in the root process archive. Flash this as an img directly from existing TWRP or flash it using the official TWRP app.

Tools.. I added a binary that implements se common tools like disabling encryption and a big one for the beta, a bluetooth fix for wearables. To start the tool, go into TWRP terminal and type "twrpx" and press enter. Follow prompts

TWRP 3.4.07zz (for oneui3.0 only)

--->

Last edited:

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
Thanks @Mentalmuso I haven't been on a Note device for years but as always you provide great information. Now rocking my rooted U1. Even got Gpay going, best of all adaway is doing its thing with root method.

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
Magisk Hide Props config module. I chose the option to choose a valid fingerprint. Then chose samsung and note 20 ultra. Cleared data on google pay, play and play services. Rebooted. Opened play store went to play protect, backed out and then set up google pay, works fine.

You will of course need to be rooted. I have a note 20 ultra from best buy. I did pay to have the bootloader unlocked then of course rooted.

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
Magisk Hide Props config module. I chose the option to choose a valid fingerprint. Then chose samsung and note 20 ultra. Cleared data on google pay, play and play services. Rebooted. Opened play store went to play protect, backed out and then set up google pay, works fine.

You will of course need to be rooted. I have a note 20 ultra from best buy. I did pay to have the bootloader unlocked then of course rooted.

I'm confused , how do i use " Magisk Hide Props Config" . I downloaded and installed it but can't figure out how to use it .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You use SM 986U ?. that's the one in list without 5G ?. I used SM 986U but it didn't work , when I went back yo timing it was showing "Edit device fingerprint active". My device is showing as SM N986U . how do i remove and go back to original prop ?.

All that information is in the instructions I linked ..
    Go back and do the second method that was in the reddit link.