• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SM-P901] [V1A3G] [UNOFFICIAL] [ROM] [EXYNOS5420]Lineage 17.1 | Android 10 Q

Search This thread

khomsn

Nov 14, 2008
Hi Khomsn, thanks for the rom. You make our note 12.2 survive through the years :)
One question about some notifications didn't get in previous unofficial lineage rom. This build is signed with a public key & SElinux deactivated... should I simply turn off the notification ? or any guidelines how i can resign myself the build and activate SElinux (can i use the source code to do that) ?

thank you again and the other devs for these fantastic roms :)
yes you can

skylive3d

Nov 6, 2016
teh
I have p901 middle east version
Thanks for the Rom release, really nice job!

There is something wrong with Lineage modem driver with my device region, I had Lineage 14.1 and the same problem, but the wifi problem caused crash and reboot on that rom, but in 17 it just don't connect and slows system down but never reboots, IDK if it's the wifi model problem or the driver is not compatible, with the default ROM modem driver wifi drops and wifi and BL can't connect and if it happens system gets very sluggish.
I had to flash lollipop modem driver for my device region, now it connects fine and stable connection, but still system get very slow, like the cpu frequency is dropped or idk a system process is causing high CPU usage problem, also the upload/download speed in status bar doesn't show, so maybe the system can't connect the driver correctly, but at least it could connect to wifi and bl now.

+Viber4Android doesn't work for me, has no effect on sound, in driver status it shows:
Neon enabled 💴 Status Abnormal
Audio format unsupported
Processing : No
sampling : 0
Also tried enabling options but there is no change in the sound
so it doesn't work, can I remove it? audio sometimes drops for some apps

+Pen works fine for me, first time tried and it worked great!

PS: is there any easy way to root it with latest Magisk 23? idk how I should root android 10
and do you know any compatible working app that you could use for managing RAM, running services and task CPU usage on Lineage ? I'm new to this OS, the launcher is the worst I ever see, icons are tiny, everything is tiny, had to change font to the largest so it could be usable, is DPI set higher than 320 in this ROM? even in 14.1 it was correct DPI, but in 17 everything is scaled down. it's not balanced UI size for a 12 inch tablet!

update: after lots of testing and probing, I found I have lots of problems with sound gltiching and stuck on lock screen, video playback problems so it's not in an stable state for my device.
Tried the khomsn's lineage 14.1 and it's almost perfect, even lower ram usage, 650 MB vs over 1 GB on 17.1, rom is smoother and have more option for permission and hardware cpu/gpu control, that is what I wanted, also fixed wifi problem by disabling powersaver which was possible in touchwiz but couldn't find a way to run that *#0011#* code in lineage but thanks to an app called Disable WiFi Power Saver S7 ROOT fixed it and wifi works fine now! :)

There is just one tiny problem with it that is the sound gain is too much if you set volume more that 80% it kills the sound with distrotion, there should be a way to fix it and calibrate sound volume output so it works like the touchwiz one, still this would be my last custom rom on this device till it dies and I have to buy a new one :D which you continue updating that rom which is perfect for this device! thanks again

Last edited:

aufa333

Mar 26, 2011
first many thanks for the hard work, i have a bit of unfortunate on my device which for some reason it keeps loading the lineage boot animation then it restarts into the twrp recovery screen again, i've tried
- changing the recvoery img "the offecial 3.0.2"
- reinstall the rom with full wipe "cache, dalvik, system, data"

but nothing has changed, is there anything else i should have done ?

khomsn

Nov 14, 2008
first many thanks for the hard work, i have a bit of unfortunate on my device which for some reason it keeps loading the lineage boot animation then it restarts into the twrp recovery screen again, i've tried
- changing the recvoery img "the offecial 3.0.2"
- reinstall the rom with full wipe "cache, dalvik, system, data"

but nothing has changed, is there anything else i should have done ?
take logcat and send it to me, so I can check.

Top Liked Posts