SM-R365 Stock firmware and Combination firmware

Search This thread

ronald_halbal

Mar 1, 2014
good day/evening everyone.
I recently bought a Fit2 pro from someone on ebay and only at set up I realized it needs reactivation code unlock. I contacted the seller and he claims he cannot remember the account information.
I tried flashing the combination firmware and it failed.
The model: SM-R365NZKAXAR
can someone assist me with getting reactivation lock off please?

Last edited:

Sureshkhatri

Apr 26, 2015
Here are the full firmware and combination firmware and netodin to flash them

Stock firmware:
Latest R365XXU2CRL1
Here

Older R365XXU2AQI1
Here

Combination firmware:
Here

You will need NetOdin

Instruction:

Step 1: On your Fit2 Pro press then hold the Home/Power button until you see the Fit2 Pro screen shows up "Rebooting..."

Step 2: Release the Home/Power button then quick Press it again 03 times.
Next step, you need to be a bit quicker.

Step 3: Use the Home/Power button to navigate to "Download (wireless)" option, then Press & Hold the Home/Power button to select. You have to be real quick otherwise your Fit2 Pro will reboot.

Step 4: Press the Home/Power button twice, you will see the "[WPS Mode]" change to "[AP Mode]"

Step 5: Choose the Access point with the same name appears on your Fit2 Pro.

Step 6: Your Fit2 Pro will show that it's been connected to the IP of your computer.

Step 7: Open the Odin, your Fit2 Pro will show up.

Step 8: Choose the right file for each Option from the files you extract after downloading. Then press Start and wait for the PASS (15-20 minutes)
Hi Bro Need Help I Saw Ur Post It's Very Very Intresting My Samsung Gear FIT2 PRO it's Rebooting Again And Again will This Idea Work Out if I Do This Any Am Going To Try it Out
Let's See

Sureshkhatri

Apr 26, 2015

Stock firmware:
Latest R365XXU2CRL1
Here

Older R365XXU2AQI1
Here

Combination firmware:
Here

You will need NetOdin

Instruction:

Step 1: On your Fit2 Pro press then hold the Home/Power button until you see the Fit2 Pro screen shows up "Rebooting..."

Step 3: Use the Home/Power button to navigate to "Download (wireless)" option, then Press & Hold the Home/Power button to select. You have to be real quick otherwise your Fit2 Pro will reboot.

Step 4: Press the Home/Power button twice, you will see the "[WPS Mode]" change to "[AP Mode]"

Step 6: Your Fit2 Pro will show that it's been connected to the IP of your computer.

Step 8: Choose the right file for each Option from the files you extract after downloading. Then press Start and wait for the PASS (15-20 minutes)
Hi Bro Am Doing As Per Ur Instructions Going Till Download Wireless Again It Goes To Bootloader Again And Again Doing It No Luck
Got Stuck In Bootloader
Any Other Way To To Flash Files threw Odin
Please Help Me Guys Please Got Stuck In This Bootloader It's Not Going In To Download Wireless

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_230823.jpg
    IMG_20210101_230823.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20210101_230851.jpg
    IMG_20210101_230851.jpg
    875.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20210101_230914.jpg
    IMG_20210101_230914.jpg
    836 KB · Views: 148

Pigsy2016

Feb 12, 2021
Hi. I know this is an old post but hopefully you can respond.

Hi. I need help!!!

I have a SM-R365 that I bricked with a failed firmware.

I was getting an overheat problem with the battery which I knew was crap. I installed the SM-R360 firmware from a tip on another post and it charged up no issues at all!! So then I tried to revert to an older SM-365 firmware because I wanted to keep all the functionaly .... and that firmware worked but the battery overheat came up again, so I tried another older SM-365 firmware version and that's when i bricked it doh!

So at the moment I can't get into the boot loader menu, it just goes straight into the "downloading.... Do not turn off the device!" screen. Doing a reset with the power button down only brings me back to this screen.

So after reading up HEAPS on it, my only option was to solder on the USB cable which I have done. You seem to have the only reference on the internet that I could find that would indicate which pins I needed. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

But alas, I have an issue as ODIN doesn't see it when connected via USB ( which is a result of Windows 10 not recognisiing the correct drivers, even though I have installed the Samsung USB drivers. ) I have tried 2 different laptops too with the same result with the Samsung USB drivers installed.

Can you confirm that these pins are correct? Or any other suggestions? It's really got under my skin now.

1613169610981.png

Reactions: adfree

Pigsy2016

Feb 12, 2021
Oh wow!! ... good pick up with the green wire. I'll look into it.

thanks for the quick reply too. 👍
Yes, of course. I confirm that my photo was taken during a real flashing process.
Seems you have a short circuit near the green wire, right?

OK I think it's officially stuffed now. It simply won't display anything now and the battery can't get a charge either.

I took off all the soldering and put it back on USB charge. Nothing diplayed so I tried a hard reset and it responded to the point of a quick nano second flash and vibrate so I was hopefully it wasn't completely dead but that took it's very last bit of charge and now it won't even respond to a reset.

I've currently got it soldered back to just black and red on the hope of getting a charge but there's nothing on the display so I'm not hopeful.

Any suggestions?

bbsc

Nov 8, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S9
but that took it's very last bit of charge and now it won't even respond to a reset
It's a known problem with Gear Fit2 / Fit2 Pro.
It needs to boot to charge but it cannot boot because it's not charged. A logical trap from Samsung.

Try to place the watch on the charger, then press and release the home button several times.
Try to slide the watch a little on the charger to get the contact and to lose it several times.
Hope, you'll manage to catch the moment when the lightning symbol appears.
The best practice is to do this trick while monitoring the charging current, if you have something like this device:

111.jpg

Pigsy2016

Feb 12, 2021
It's a known problem with Gear Fit2 / Fit2 Pro.
It needs to boot to charge but it cannot boot because it's not charged. A logical trap from Samsung.

Try to place the watch on the charger, then press and release the home button several times.
Try to slide the watch a little on the charger to get the contact and to lose it several times.
Hope, you'll manage to catch the moment when the lightning symbol appears.
The best practice is to do this trick while monitoring the charging current, if you have something like this device:

View attachment 5222355
Thanks again for the reply and that USB device that shows charging current looks awesome ... but alas I don't have one.

That trap from Samsung you mentioned is driving me crazy and leads to one question I'm wondering if you can confirm please? The suggestions you have mentioned I have tried but I didn't persist because I think the downloading screen it's stuck on simply doesn't enable it be be charged. Can you confirm?

From my experience, since being on "downloading" I've never since a hint of the lightning bolt, and when it was displaying this screen and plugged in via USB, as soon as I removed the device it would turn off even though it had been plugged in mutiple tries for hours.

1613421369019.png

I'm willing to give it a go but I'm also looking for a 2nd hand one. TBH as a fitness device it sucks for me due to the battery life so I simpy use it for offline spotify. I had all the sensors turned off and made a basic watch face that just showed the time and battery life in large font that i could see in the sunlight .... doing that, it worked pretty well going for a run and I'd easily get 6hrs +

Pigsy2016

Feb 12, 2021
You definitely may be right.
But we don't know for sure.
Because we don't know which part of the firmware is responsible for the charging process and which is damaged.
ok thanks ☹

Thanks for all your help. Just one last question so I can keep for reference on my next unit. In you opinion, what firmware version is stable?

taljn09

Apr 12, 2020
Что ж, я давно не владею этими часами, но у меня никогда не было проблем с последней доступной прошивкой.
Только что проверил свои архивы и нашел файл R365XXU2CSB1.
Это была последняя прошивка, которую я использовал.
Can you share this firmware file? Thanks

Zenzic

Nov 19, 2011
The watch has recently stopped working on the heart monitor as well as the sleep part, I can only imagine an update has killed it, any ideas?

jaro1801

Jul 24, 2011
Hello, I had a problem with the Gear Fit 2 Pro, the account activation blocked.... I managed to solve it thanks to the files in the post, but importantly, you have to first , follow exactly as in this video :
With me everything worked :)

jaro1801

Jul 24, 2011
Of course the video is just an example, you have to use the files for our watch ;)
And the commands are the same :

adb root on
adb push empty.bin /opt/usr/media/
adb shell dd if=/opt/usr/media/empty.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p15
adb shell reboot download

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock firmware:
    Latest R365XXU2CRL1
    Here

Older R365XXU2AQI1
    Here

Combination firmware:
    Here

You will need NetOdin

Instruction:

Hello, what is "combination firmware"? A mix of the old and the new ones? Sorry for asking

It is a service rom, so its used in service centers to recover broken watches and reset the factory reset protection flag. So in a perfect world, no one will need it but I am providing it in case anyone needs it to fix their watch.
    the only way is to use netodin as far as I know.
    Not quite.
    Hi

I tried updating my firmware multiple times but it failed and now my Gear Fit2 Pro is stuck in bootloop. Can you please help?

Thanks

Did you find a solution ? The firmware start downloading OK using "netodin" but suddenly the Gear Fit2 Pro turns off and "netodin" shows a FAIL message because the process doesn't finish :( I also tried updating different firmwares multiple times but as the process always fails now my Gear Fit2 Pro is stuck in bootloop. (sorry for my bad english)
    thanks
    İs crc7 newer or older than this latest?
    Latest R365XXU2CRL1