• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SM-R825F CSC change tutorial

Search This thread

BloodShot101

Apr 6, 2021
sboot.bin from Engineer is not valid so FOTA fail...

Will check if I find newer Stock firmware...
I know we fixed this... but I am sooo lazy...

Best Regards

haha understood, if you can help me id be very grateful :)

maybe there is a newer combination file for SM-R825F like FT55? can you suggest another firmware we could use so FOTA works on BTU?

Thanks guys, appreciate this!

BloodShot101

Apr 6, 2021

BloodShot101

Apr 6, 2021
Google search...

R825FXXU1CTK3_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA).zip

CTK3

Ehm own risk...

Depend on your active CSC if then valid file for FOTA...

But seems OXA Region...

Best Regards
Just tried this firmware - also it locks up on PIN code during setup sequence.

The only one i found which doesn't lock up at the PIN stage is R825FXXU1ASI7, however it finds FOTA updated and attempts to install but after reboot it says "cannot update at, try later"

Reactions: adfree

BloodShot101

Apr 6, 2021
UPDATE: We now found the solution after using different method:p.. thanks for your help..

Also I should be able to share with you latest AP,BL,CP,CSC files for CUA5 update. Will post link :)

Screenshot_20210408-122430_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210408-122416_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210408-122402_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: adfree

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
R825FXXU1CUA5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA).zip

Best Regards

Attachments

• R825FXXU1CUA5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA).zip
    755.5 MB · Views: 93

pareshkj

Oct 10, 2015
@ljowa

Nobody here have Crystal Ball...

Minimum give more details... like:

A
Your exact Model Name...

Playstation 5 or Nintendo?

Example:
SM-R825U or SM-R835F or?

B
Which File exactly?

Resident Evil 1 2 3 4 or 5?

C
Status of your unknown device.

Can now swimming cooking or flying?

Is Watch alive and you have second chance to use Download Wireless?

Best Regards
Hey adfree,

Could you provide me the stock firmware and the combinationware of the below tizen version for r825f...
Tizen Version : 5.5.0.2
Software Version : R825FXXU1CUA5
Model : SM-R825F

Query : Does the eSIM work when we change the region from INU to XAR?

Thanks & Regards

pareshkj

Oct 10, 2015

Tammar2

May 7, 2021
WARNING with older Combination FirmwareS...

Seems Security problem... brick device!

Use something with FT55 in Filename...

Here is for SM-R835 U and F...

Removed folder... to prevent warning/fail in netOdin/Odin...

COMBINATION-FT55_R835USQU1ATK1

Best Regards
Hi adfree,

any chance you have (and would be willing to share :)) the FT55 Combination Firmware also for the SM-R825U/F models?

Thank you in advance!

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Again warning about old Tizen 4 Firmwares:

@Tammar2

Evolution 2 Battle for Utopia is at the moment more important to me... so less time...

Tiny hint...

Only SM-R825US Combination firmwareS leaked... NO SM-R825FS...
Similar "problems" for GW3 LTE devices... NO idea why...

BUT "sometimes" it work...

Big difference is Bootloader sboot.bin...

Only as info/sidenote...

If I have time I will check my HDDs... :alien:

Best Regards

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Seems latest action I did with AUA4...

Removed this additional useles folder with useless file inside...

COMBINATION-FT55_R825USQU1AUA4_clean.zip

I have forgotten if I have public uploaded or only in privat...

I could share... if I have time... after playing Evolution 2...

Best Regards

adfree

Jun 14, 2008

WARNING!

A
OWN RISK!

B
Please only use if you know what you do...

This is in main SM-R825US FT55... because sboot.bin Bootloader is for SM-R825U(S)...

On SM-R825FS Bootloader will be skipped... but could work...
This is Running Gag for LTE since monthS...

C
I have removed folder meta-data... and repack to TAR file with 7Zip Tool...
So no MD5 Hash added...

D
Samsung have Rollback Prevention...
Be sure you have Alphabet skills and you can count from 1 -9 to identify if you can "safe" try...

This FT55 is AUA4

So chance high(er) it is valid for Stock Firmware R825FXXU1CUA5

Best Regards

Attachments

• COMBINATION-FT55_R825USQU1AUA4_clean.zip
    451.8 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: Tammar2 and galaxys

AlexTheMaster88

Jun 8, 2021
Hi I followed the guide but when I load the first combined CSC for my r825f it fails at the end of the process. I stopped to stop making any more trouble. It's normal? do you have a new and working combined CSC? I have the German version and I would like to pass it to Italian. thank you

i have the series RFAN2433lot SOFTWARE VER. R825fXXU1CUD1 TIZEN VER. 5.5.0.2 i need change the actually german version to italian version.

Best Regard

Last edited:

SBL.

Nov 25, 2016
Hey adfree,

Could you provide me the stock firmware and the combinationware of the below tizen version for r825f...
Tizen Version : 5.5.0.2
Software Version : R825FXXU1CUA5
Model : SM-R825F

Query : Does the eSIM work when we change the region from INU to XAR?

Thanks & Regards
did u try . Does LTE work in India after changing region

haszczu90

Jul 22, 2021
Hi. I have SM-R825F
I did everything as instructed in the first post. When loading AP Combination, FAIL appears at the end.
The device would not start. fortunately, after uploading the stock firmware from the first post, the device started up. Unfortunately, fail appears on the next attempt to install Combination. Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:

preve83

Jul 21, 2021
Hi,

I got up to step 13, the flashing failed at the end in netodin twice, now in wireless download mode it says " (WPS mode) Not connected, Download error detected."

The watch won't setup a wireless AP that I can connect to, the watch seems to be essentially bricked.

Need help!

haszczu90

Jul 22, 2021
Hi,

I got up to step 13, the flashing failed at the end in netodin twice, now in wireless download mode it says " (WPS mode) Not connected, Download error detected."

The watch won't setup a wireless AP that I can connect to, the watch seems to be essentially bricked.

Need help!
I got an error after uploading AP. Watch sent to SAMSUNG service. I wonder how much they will take for the repair

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The following guide is just a tutorial on how I changed the CSC, if you decide to follow it you take every risk

Step#0: Charge your watch to >90% charged

Step#1: Download 'NETODIN' https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...5&d=1515359315

Step#2 Download SDBStarterKidv1 from https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...2&d=1511255266

Step#3: For model R825F download Combination Firmware https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261729030 (Combination For R825F or 825U is the some) download stock firmware for R825F

https://mega.nz/#!9scnEaTJ!RRd9ZHG8hPTe2ZNGgzcunbx_Mn_SHCfoBkxpsMIiTa8

Step#4: Keep on holding the Home button on the watch till you see Rebooting popup appears

Step#5: Immediately start pressing the Home button until the recovery option appears

Step#6: now press Home button again to drop down to "download mode (wireless mode)

Step#7: now hold the Home button again for some time till the black screen appears

Step#8: at the download mode screen now again press home button again until connection type changes to AP

Step#9: check your wireless network in your computer, you will see a new open network will appear showing model number of your watch, connect your system to that network

Step#10: Now open NETODIN and you will be able to see that NETODIN shows connected

Step#11: In NETODIN select options and turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT.

Step#12: Click on AP in NETODIN and select the file from the combination firmware, when NETODIN has finished checking the file, press the start button.

Step#13: once you see pass status in NETODIN press the reset button ( in my case gived fail, but not a problem, reload net odin if doesn't recognise watch launch it again and disconnect/reconnect wifi named SM-R825F)

Step#13a: In NETODIN select options again and again turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT

Step#13b: Select CSC and select the CSC file located in the STOCK ROM file (Step#3), press start button

Step#14: once you see pass status in the NETODIN, hold the Home button on your watch until you see rebooting splash and repeat the STEP#6 to access the recovery options menu

Step#15: go down so "recovery" is selected and then hold down the HOME button until black screen appears

Step#16: your watch shall start normally and after that go to settings in your watch turn on wifi and connect to your wifi network, just search for IP their and note it down

Step#17: go to about and software "third item written in blue color of two characters most likely" locate software and continue tapping on that until you see some popup appears

Step#18: restart your watch (hold home key until it powers off, then hold home key again till it restarts)

Step#19: open SDBStarterKidv1.zip and extract content. Open the folder data/tools and run ansicon.exe. This will open a CLI = Command Line Interface

Step#20: Type: sdb connect ***.***.*.***
    ps * indicate your watch ip which you have written in step #16
    you shall see connected to

Step#21: Type: sdb root on

Step#22: Type: sdb pull /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf

Step#23: Type: sdb pull /csa/imei/prodcode.dat

Step#24: now open and edit, in sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools folder, with notepad these files, csc-active-customer.inf and prodcode.dat, and change CSC old with your new CSC and save

Step#25: type: sdb push csc-active-customer.inf /csa/csc/

Step#26: Type: : sdb push prodcode.dat /csa/imei/

Step#27: rebbot you watch in odin wifi mode

Step#28: launch net odin connect your watch and charge your stock firmware BL, AP, CP and CSC and press start

Step#29: after the reboot enjoy your watch with working samsung pay

Step#30: in my case after reboot asked me to update new firmware via OTA

as a visual guide I recommend the video of this link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81777057&postcount=223

thanks to @adfree for the fundamental support and patience and to @tb for inspiration and for tutorial on which this is based
    Today I made the calibration with an Arm sphygmomanometer for the blood pressure monitor
    here video:
    Calibration Test
    It seems to work quite well then for the battery it is not that you have to use it many times a day but maybe once.
    About ECG I saw the first measurement went well, then I did other measurements and It went crazy, now I don't know what it is due to.
    Worked for me with BTU CSC

The following guide is just a tutorial on how I changed the CSC, if you decide to follow it you take every risk

Step#0: Charge your watch to >90% charged

Step#1: Download 'NETODIN' https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...5&d=1515359315

Step#2 Download SDBStarterKidv1 from https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...2&d=1511255266

Step#3: For model R825F download Combination Firmware https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261729030 (Combination For R825F or 825U is the some) download stock firmware for R825F

https://mega.nz/#!9scnEaTJ!RRd9ZHG8hPTe2ZNGgzcunbx_Mn_SHCfoBkxpsMIiTa8

Step#4: Keep on holding the Home button on the watch till you see Rebooting popup appears

Step#5: Immediately start pressing the Home button until the recovery option appears

Step#6: now press Home button again to drop down to "download mode (wireless mode)

Step#7: now hold the Home button again for some time till the black screen appears

Step#8: at the download mode screen now again press home button again until connection type changes to AP

Step#9: check your wireless network in your computer, you will see a new open network will appear showing model number of your watch, connect your system to that network

Step#10: Now open NETODIN and you will be able to see that NETODIN shows connected

Step#11: In NETODIN select options and turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT.

Step#12: Click on AP in NETODIN and select the file from the combination firmware, when NETODIN has finished checking the file, press the start button.

Step#13: once you see pass status in NETODIN press the reset button ( in my case gived fail, but not a problem, reload net odin if doesn't recognise watch launch it again and disconnect/reconnect wifi named SM-R825F)

Step#13a: In NETODIN select options again and again turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT

Step#13b: Select CSC and select the CSC file located in the STOCK ROM file (Step#3), press start button

Step#14: once you see pass status in the NETODIN, hold the Home button on your watch until you see rebooting splash and repeat the STEP#6 to access the recovery options menu

Step#15: go down so "recovery" is selected and then hold down the HOME button until black screen appears

Step#16: your watch shall start normally and after that go to settings in your watch turn on wifi and connect to your wifi network, just search for IP their and note it down

Step#17: go to about and software "third item written in blue color of two characters most likely" locate software and continue tapping on that until you see some popup appears

Step#18: restart your watch (hold home key until it powers off, then hold home key again till it restarts)

Step#19: open SDBStarterKidv1.zip and extract content. Open the folder data/tools and run ansicon.exe. This will open a CLI = Command Line Interface

Step#20: Type: sdb connect ***.***.*.***
    ps * indicate your watch ip which you have written in step #16
    you shall see connected to

Step#21: Type: sdb root on

Step#22: Type: sdb pull /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf

Step#23: Type: sdb pull /csa/imei/prodcode.dat

Step#24: now open and edit, in sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools folder, with notepad these files, csc-active-customer.inf and prodcode.dat, and change CSC old with your new CSC and save

Step#25: type: sdb push csc-active-customer.inf /csa/csc/

Step#26: Type: : sdb push prodcode.dat /csa/imei/

Step#27: rebbot you watch in odin wifi mode

Step#28: launch net odin connect your watch and charge your stock firmware BL, AP, CP and CSC and press start

Step#29: after the reboot enjoy your watch with working samsung pay

Step#30: in my case after reboot asked me to update new firmware via OTA

as a visual guide I recommend the video of this link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81777057&postcount=223

thanks to @adfree for the fundamental support and patience and to @tb for inspiration and for tutorial on which this is based

So it worked fine for me. I followed all the steps. I got a little bit concerned when I got failed after AP upload, and then when I saw weird icons in the watch, but I completed all the steps and it worked fine. I used BTU as i am in the UK and now I am waiting for network set up. I couldn't do it before. It also updated to the latest software ok.

Thanks everyone involved in that.
    @equlizer

Suggestion to create your own Thread for SM-R815U to SM-R815W... attempt.

Best Regards

WARNING!

A
    OWN RISK!

B
    Please only use if you know what you do...

This is in main SM-R825US FT55... because sboot.bin Bootloader is for SM-R825U(S)...

On SM-R825FS Bootloader will be skipped... but could work...
    This is Running Gag for LTE since monthS...

C
    I have removed folder meta-data... and repack to TAR file with 7Zip Tool...
    So no MD5 Hash added...

D
    Samsung have Rollback Prevention...
    Be sure you have Alphabet skills and you can count from 1 -9 to identify if you can "safe" try...

This FT55 is AUA4

So chance high(er) it is valid for Stock Firmware R825FXXU1CUA5

Best Regards