• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

SM-R825F CSC change tutorial

Search This thread

kaell218

Sep 3, 2021
Hello
I have Galaxy watch Active 2 Model SM-R825F LTE
I have latest firmware R825FXXU1CUE3 tizen version 5.5.0.2 it appear to be sweden version of software but i would like to have polish files XEO or OPV (Orange). Unfortunatly i can't find combination files for my version

reblups77

Mar 18, 2013
Hi all.
I hawe bought a Galaxy watch active 2 model SM-R825F LTE with this configuration

Version de OneUIWatch 2.0
Tizen 5.5.0.2
Software R825FXXU1CUE3 SM-R825FZKADBT.
Knox 2.5.0
Knox Tizen Wearable SDK 2.5.0
SE for Tizen 2.0.0
TIMA 3.0.0
AP: R825FXXU1CUE3
CXP:R825FXXU1CUE3
CSC:R825FOXA1CUE3

Works EKG and BloodPressure, but l want to use Samsung Pay and LTE.
I am in Spain and I didn´t find any CSC file or package with PHE CSC.
Before do something wrong, i want to be sure.

I have downloaded :
WIFI Net Odin
web-cli_Tizen_Studio_3.5_usa_windows-64.
Ninite Notepad Installer
JavaSetup8u231
R825FXXU1CUA5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA)
And I am redy to start, but I am affraid to do something wrong

@adfree help will be apreciated.
Thanks in advance.

TechLovers777

Dec 20, 2020
Hi all,

First thanks for all heartful works on that topic.

I follow the guide i already can use "COMBINATION-FT55_R825USQU1AUA4_clean.zip" successfully and upgrade to near lastest TIZEN 5.5 firmware (R825FXXU1CUA5). However it can not use FOTA like you mention in topic. (I live in VN with CSC XXV, change to USA XAR).

Because i can switch between Tizen 4 and Tizen 5 sucessfully two time, so i try to experiment to solve FOTA problem. However, i make some fatal mistake. After flash Combination_TIZEN_4, i forgot to flash new CSC from stock firmware. Watch still can boot and go to wireless download mode, but when flash with NetOdin3 it will fail all type of flashing.
+ In NetOdin: it say "RQT read fail" follow by "RQT write fail" and failed
+ In watch wireless download mode: it say "wireless-tool crash occurs")

Watch can still run combination_tizen_4_os and can be sdb via wifi with root account. Did you experience any thing like that and found out ways to fix wireless flash ?

We are in lockdown so can not bring it to Samsung Service Center. If anything you can guess please share with me. Thanks much.

Reactions: adfree

Gwa2panpan

Sep 28, 2021
Hello All,
I have a SM-U825U bought on internet with an unknown CSC :
AP: R825USQU1CUD1
CP: R825USQU1CUD1
CSC: R825UOYN1CUD1

I wanted to change it for a XEF version but the files on the first page are not available anymore

Is somebody can help me please ?

Sorry I found it on this post :

Last edited:

edufri07

Sep 29, 2021
Pergamino
Hi eArmin ! Hi to all !

Thanks for the great information that you post !!!!
@eArmin Did you write a guide ? If not, can you tell me which combination files did you use ? Or the best post that I´d must to follow ?

Excuse me for my English but I speak very little (which makes my understanding more difficult). I speak spanish.
Short version: I´m in Argentina with an Active 2 SM-R825U (Tizen 5.5.0.2 / Build Number: R825USQU1CUD1 ) that cannot see the movil network.
Company says I should have bought SM-825 ( without U , my fault :cry:) but confused me saying american models. After my bought said Mexico and Canada models :mad:) ... and that is why I ask you @eArmin

Long Version: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/active2-sm-825u-can-i-change-region-how.4341215/#post-85717573

Thanks a lot in advance !

Attachments

• IMG-20210928-WA0019.jpeg
    IMG-20210928-WA0019.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20210928-WA0014.jpeg
    IMG-20210928-WA0014.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5

Gwa2panpan

Sep 28, 2021
Hello All and thanks for the tuto.

I tried to change the CSC and had many hours of reading the different posts but unfortunately, I failed and need your help :

Initially, I had SM-U825U with the following CSC :
AP: R825USQU1CUD1
CP: R825USQU1CUD1
CSC: R825UOYN1CUD1

I started the process with the COMBINATION-FT40_R825USQU1ASL2 but was not able to complete the download, it failed at the end, I read that it was not a problem and we can continue the process
Then I flashed only the CSC "CSC_OXA_R825FOXA1ASI7_usr.tar.md5" as mentioned in the Step#13b, I got a success

But after on the Step#16, it is mentioned: your watch shall start normally

The problem is my watch never restarted (I selected recovery in the options), I then decided to flash the stock ROM "R825FXXU1ASI7_Tizen".

I got then in my watch :
AP: R825FXXU1ASI7
CP: R825FXXU1ASI7
CSC: R825FOXA1ASI7

But the FOTA didn't work

After looking at the last posts I found the following files:
COMBINATION-FT55_R825USQU1AUA4_clean
R825FXXU1CUA5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA)

When I flash the COMBINATION-FT55_R825USQU1AUA4_clean I have a success, then I started to delight me ... for a short time unfortunately
After flashing the CSC_OXA_R825FOXA1CUA5_usr.tar.md5 of the step Step#13b, I got the same issue on Step#16, the watch does not restart, keep locked on that :
1633597258088.png

Finally, I had no other choice than to flash the last ROM I was able to download (from the PC): R825FXXU1CUA5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA)
1633597459158.png

But I'm still not able to get the FOTA of the last update: R825FXXU1CUE3
It got until the end of the process and when the watch restart it says the update is not possible and go to a Samsung shop ...
1633597904498.png
1633597921129.png

Could you help me and tell me what I did wrong please?

BR
Panpan

edufri07

Sep 29, 2021
Pergamino
I got then in my watch :
AP: R825FXXU1ASI7
CP: R825FXXU1ASI7
CSC: R825FOXA1ASnI7
Hi All ! Hi @Gwa2panpa !

While I'm still waiting for someone to recommend what combination of files I must to use to switch CSC to my GwA2 SM-R825U (Tizen 5.5.0.2), @Gwa2panpa Would you so kindly to explain me why you highlight CSC: R825UOYN1CUD1 and CSC: R825FOXA1ASI7 in your watch data ? Are they the CSC region codes ?
As I said in my post, my english limitation make very difficult for me to understand it and makes me feel very insecure to flash.
From already thank you very much !

edufri07

Sep 29, 2021
Pergamino
Hello All,

Is there a way to get the last COMBINATION FT55 without paying ?
Easy firmware has the files but we have to pay to download them

Can be @Gwa2panpan ?

Gwa2panpan

Sep 28, 2021
Hi All ! Hi @Gwa2panpa !

While I'm still waiting for someone to recommend what combination of files I must to use to switch CSC to my GwA2 SM-R825U (Tizen 5.5.0.2), @Gwa2panpa Would you so kindly to explain me why you highlight CSC: R825UOYN1CUD1 and CSC: R825FOXA1ASI7 in your watch data ? Are they the CSC region codes ?
As I said in my post, my english limitation make very difficult for me to understand it and makes me feel very insecure to flash.
Hi edufri07,

I highlighted OYN and OXA to show the differences, they are multi-csc :
OYN contains the following CSC : ACG AIO ATT BST CCT GCF LRA SPR TFN TMB TMK USC VMU VZW XAA XAS
And OXA, I don't have the detail but it should contain the CSC XEF (as I leave in France).

Then OYN was not suitable for my region, ECG and blood pressure monitor were not working.

If you want to do it, be sure because on my side the FOTA is not working anymore, therefore I don't have the last update for my watch ... by the way @adfree could you help me please?

Reactions: edufri07

Gwa2panpan

Sep 28, 2021

Can be @Gwa2panpan ?
Thank you @edufri07 , but unfortunately this is the firmware were I came from, I would like to have the last one for the SM-R825F and not U version.

Reactions: edufri07

edufri07

Sep 29, 2021
Pergamino
Hi edufri07,

Hi @Gwa2panpan ,
Fortunately I just arrived from an assistance center of my mobile network provider (city 70 km from mine) where I loaded the data through QR code (they didn´t send me by email) and the watch picked up the network and it is working very well.
I don't know if you have BP and ECG working, but I did it a while ago with the method of @Dante63 without having to make any CSC changes.
I'm still not sure what combination of files I´d have needed and if they should contain inside the CSC code that I want to change, I think so but I'm not sure.
I don´t need anything else but it would be a great help if we could backup, save or upgrade (or whatever it is called) the firmwares that we have on our watches in order to share it.
Thank you very much anyway !

Reactions: Dante63

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

First thanks for all heartful works on that topic.

I follow the guide i already can use "COMBINATION-FT55_R825USQU1AUA4_clean.zip" successfully and upgrade to near lastest TIZEN 5.5 firmware (R825FXXU1CUA5). However it can not use FOTA like you mention in topic. (I live in VN with CSC XXV, change to USA XAR).

Because i can switch between Tizen 4 and Tizen 5 sucessfully two time, so i try to experiment to solve FOTA problem. However, i make some fatal mistake. After flash Combination_TIZEN_4, i forgot to flash new CSC from stock firmware. Watch still can boot and go to wireless download mode, but when flash with NetOdin3 it will fail all type of flashing.
    + In NetOdin: it say "RQT read fail" follow by "RQT write fail" and failed
    + In watch wireless download mode: it say "wireless-tool crash occurs")

Watch can still run combination_tizen_4_os and can be sdb via wifi with root account. Did you experience any thing like that and found out ways to fix wireless flash ?

We are in lockdown so can not bring it to Samsung Service Center. If anything you can guess please share with me. Thanks much.
    Hi All ! Hi @Gwa2panpa !

Hi edufri07,

OYN contains the following CSC : ACG AIO ATT BST CCT GCF LRA SPR TFN TMB TMK USC VMU VZW XAA XAS
    And OXA, I don't have the detail but it should contain the CSC XEF (as I leave in France).

Then OYN was not suitable for my region, ECG and blood pressure monitor were not working.

If you want to do it, be sure because on my side the FOTA is not working anymore, therefore I don't have the last update for my watch ... by the way @adfree could you help me please?
    Thank you @edufri07 , but unfortunately this is the firmware were I came from, I would like to have the last one for the SM-R825F and not U version.
    Hi edufri07,

Hi @Gwa2panpan ,
    Fortunately I just arrived from an assistance center of my mobile network provider (city 70 km from mine) where I loaded the data through QR code (they didn´t send me by email) and the watch picked up the network and it is working very well.
    I don't know if you have BP and ECG working, but I did it a while ago with the method of @Dante63 without having to make any CSC changes.
    I'm still not sure what combination of files I´d have needed and if they should contain inside the CSC code that I want to change, I think so but I'm not sure.
    I don´t need anything else but it would be a great help if we could backup, save or upgrade (or whatever it is called) the firmwares that we have on our watches in order to share it.
    Thank you very much anyway !
    The following guide is just a tutorial on how I changed the CSC, if you decide to follow it you take every risk

Step#0: Charge your watch to >90% charged

Step#1: Download 'NETODIN' https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...5&d=1515359315

Step#2 Download SDBStarterKidv1 from https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...2&d=1511255266

Step#3: For model R825F download Combination Firmware https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261729030 (Combination For R825F or 825U is the some) download stock firmware for R825F

https://mega.nz/#!9scnEaTJ!RRd9ZHG8hPTe2ZNGgzcunbx_Mn_SHCfoBkxpsMIiTa8

Step#4: Keep on holding the Home button on the watch till you see Rebooting popup appears

Step#5: Immediately start pressing the Home button until the recovery option appears

Step#6: now press Home button again to drop down to "download mode (wireless mode)

Step#7: now hold the Home button again for some time till the black screen appears

Step#8: at the download mode screen now again press home button again until connection type changes to AP

Step#9: check your wireless network in your computer, you will see a new open network will appear showing model number of your watch, connect your system to that network

Step#10: Now open NETODIN and you will be able to see that NETODIN shows connected

Step#11: In NETODIN select options and turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT.

Step#12: Click on AP in NETODIN and select the file from the combination firmware, when NETODIN has finished checking the file, press the start button.

Step#13: once you see pass status in NETODIN press the reset button ( in my case gived fail, but not a problem, reload net odin if doesn't recognise watch launch it again and disconnect/reconnect wifi named SM-R825F)

Step#13a: In NETODIN select options again and again turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT

Step#13b: Select CSC and select the CSC file located in the STOCK ROM file (Step#3), press start button

Step#14: once you see pass status in the NETODIN, hold the Home button on your watch until you see rebooting splash and repeat the STEP#6 to access the recovery options menu

Step#15: go down so "recovery" is selected and then hold down the HOME button until black screen appears

Step#16: your watch shall start normally and after that go to settings in your watch turn on wifi and connect to your wifi network, just search for IP their and note it down

Step#17: go to about and software "third item written in blue color of two characters most likely" locate software and continue tapping on that until you see some popup appears

Step#18: restart your watch (hold home key until it powers off, then hold home key again till it restarts)

Step#19: open SDBStarterKidv1.zip and extract content. Open the folder data/tools and run ansicon.exe. This will open a CLI = Command Line Interface

Step#20: Type: sdb connect ***.***.*.***
    ps * indicate your watch ip which you have written in step #16
    you shall see connected to

Step#21: Type: sdb root on

Step#22: Type: sdb pull /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf

Step#23: Type: sdb pull /csa/imei/prodcode.dat

Step#24: now open and edit, in sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools folder, with notepad these files, csc-active-customer.inf and prodcode.dat, and change CSC old with your new CSC and save

Step#25: type: sdb push csc-active-customer.inf /csa/csc/

Step#26: Type: : sdb push prodcode.dat /csa/imei/

Step#27: rebbot you watch in odin wifi mode

Step#28: launch net odin connect your watch and charge your stock firmware BL, AP, CP and CSC and press start

Step#29: after the reboot enjoy your watch with working samsung pay

Step#30: in my case after reboot asked me to update new firmware via OTA

as a visual guide I recommend the video of this link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81777057&postcount=223

thanks to @adfree for the fundamental support and patience and to @tb for inspiration and for tutorial on which this is based
    Today I made the calibration with an Arm sphygmomanometer for the blood pressure monitor
    here video:
    Calibration Test
    It seems to work quite well then for the battery it is not that you have to use it many times a day but maybe once.
    About ECG I saw the first measurement went well, then I did other measurements and It went crazy, now I don't know what it is due to.
    Worked for me with BTU CSC

The following guide is just a tutorial on how I changed the CSC, if you decide to follow it you take every risk

Step#0: Charge your watch to >90% charged

Step#1: Download 'NETODIN' https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...5&d=1515359315

Step#2 Download SDBStarterKidv1 from https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...2&d=1511255266

Step#3: For model R825F download Combination Firmware https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261729030 (Combination For R825F or 825U is the some) download stock firmware for R825F

https://mega.nz/#!9scnEaTJ!RRd9ZHG8hPTe2ZNGgzcunbx_Mn_SHCfoBkxpsMIiTa8

Step#4: Keep on holding the Home button on the watch till you see Rebooting popup appears

Step#5: Immediately start pressing the Home button until the recovery option appears

Step#6: now press Home button again to drop down to "download mode (wireless mode)

Step#7: now hold the Home button again for some time till the black screen appears

Step#8: at the download mode screen now again press home button again until connection type changes to AP

Step#9: check your wireless network in your computer, you will see a new open network will appear showing model number of your watch, connect your system to that network

Step#10: Now open NETODIN and you will be able to see that NETODIN shows connected

Step#11: In NETODIN select options and turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT.

Step#12: Click on AP in NETODIN and select the file from the combination firmware, when NETODIN has finished checking the file, press the start button.

Step#13: once you see pass status in NETODIN press the reset button ( in my case gived fail, but not a problem, reload net odin if doesn't recognise watch launch it again and disconnect/reconnect wifi named SM-R825F)

Step#13a: In NETODIN select options again and again turn off (untick) AUTOREBOOT

Step#13b: Select CSC and select the CSC file located in the STOCK ROM file (Step#3), press start button

Step#14: once you see pass status in the NETODIN, hold the Home button on your watch until you see rebooting splash and repeat the STEP#6 to access the recovery options menu

Step#15: go down so "recovery" is selected and then hold down the HOME button until black screen appears

Step#16: your watch shall start normally and after that go to settings in your watch turn on wifi and connect to your wifi network, just search for IP their and note it down

Step#17: go to about and software "third item written in blue color of two characters most likely" locate software and continue tapping on that until you see some popup appears

Step#18: restart your watch (hold home key until it powers off, then hold home key again till it restarts)

Step#19: open SDBStarterKidv1.zip and extract content. Open the folder data/tools and run ansicon.exe. This will open a CLI = Command Line Interface

Step#20: Type: sdb connect ***.***.*.***
    ps * indicate your watch ip which you have written in step #16
    you shall see connected to

Step#21: Type: sdb root on

Step#22: Type: sdb pull /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf

Step#23: Type: sdb pull /csa/imei/prodcode.dat

Step#24: now open and edit, in sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools folder, with notepad these files, csc-active-customer.inf and prodcode.dat, and change CSC old with your new CSC and save

Step#25: type: sdb push csc-active-customer.inf /csa/csc/

Step#26: Type: : sdb push prodcode.dat /csa/imei/

Step#27: rebbot you watch in odin wifi mode

Step#28: launch net odin connect your watch and charge your stock firmware BL, AP, CP and CSC and press start

Step#29: after the reboot enjoy your watch with working samsung pay

Step#30: in my case after reboot asked me to update new firmware via OTA

as a visual guide I recommend the video of this link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81777057&postcount=223

thanks to @adfree for the fundamental support and patience and to @tb for inspiration and for tutorial on which this is based

So it worked fine for me. I followed all the steps. I got a little bit concerned when I got failed after AP upload, and then when I saw weird icons in the watch, but I completed all the steps and it worked fine. I used BTU as i am in the UK and now I am waiting for network set up. I couldn't do it before. It also updated to the latest software ok.

Thanks everyone involved in that.
    @equlizer

Suggestion to create your own Thread for SM-R815U to SM-R815W... attempt.

Best Regards
    Hi, when you flashed AP of combination netodin gave you fail like gived me?
    Best regards

Yes, it was the same.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

[/color]which firmware files did you use? The newest ones?

r825fxxu1asi7