• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SM-R845F bricked after flasing combination software with netodin

Search This thread

faby70

Dec 2, 2020
Hi, I tried flashing my galaxy watch 3 (SM-R845F) with combination software (to then proceed to all the necessary steps in order to change CSC), but after all the flashing process went through, I received a fail message. Now my watch is bricked and I understand there could be an etoken issue that somehow needs to be taken care of, yet not sure if this applies to my specific case. Could anyone help? thx

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
More details...

For instance...

A

Filenames... because more then 1 file exists...

B
netOdin and also Odin "talks" to you... this called Logfile...

B.1
To capture this log...
Photo and or Screenshot...

B.2

This is f. text... you can Copy and Paste

C

Please define bricked... especially in your case...

Watch is not more swimming? Flying? Or cooking?

Tiny hint...

With Crystal Ball on...

Your Combination Firmware was still with meta-data folder...

Best Regards

faby70

Dec 2, 2020
Hi, thx for your help. Things have evolved a bit. I was following technoproz's video (
) to see if I could change my CSC in order to get samsung pay working on my SM-845F . I hence started flashing it with the combination file (COMBINATION FT55 R845FSQU1AUB1, I also tried with 3 or 4 earlier releases, same issue) but on reboot it would initially get to a splash screen (can't remember what it would say) and then was permanently hooked onto a boot loop . However, on reboot, it would allow me to access the reboot menu, get to wifi hotspot mode, and I was able to connect it to odin ( I use netodin 3, 1.0) . I reflashed it with it's firmware (R845FXXU1CTJ5 Tizen 4File) and the watch is now working again (maybe just a few changes from the version it initially came with). Unfortunately, when I check the logfile, it only registered the last activity, in this case, my firmware reflash (so nothing related to the previous combination flashing), which went fine. Was wondering wether the initial combination flashing bricking/boot loop issue could be related to some flags I would need to check on the otions tab in netodin..

However, my issue still remains unsolved, i still can't change my CSC to italy (that's where I am right now) to setup samsung Pay, but most of all to set up the esim.
Thanks for any suggestions

adfree

Jun 14, 2008

You saw this thread?

Example how to remove useless crap meta-data from TAR...

No idea yet if somebody allready did it for COMBINATION-FT55_R845FSQU1AUB1...

Caution... maybe not more safe enough to use... Samsung Rollback Prevention crap ...
COMBINATION-FT55_R845USQU1ATL2_clean_v1.tar.md5

I am using 7Zip Tool to extract and repack TAR...

Good Luck.

Own Risk!

Best Regards

faby70

Dec 2, 2020
Hi, thx for all your help, looks like i finally made it. The only thing i still can't manage is to setup the esim (will try with my carrier, Vodafone). I don't know if you happen to have any ideas about that. But thx for everything, great result so far

Last edited:

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
You know this thread?

And you choose ITV?

Or something else?

And you are sure changes are made...

IMHO you can pull the files again and check...

Best Regards