• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SM-R845U (LTE US model) firmware update

Search This thread
Apr 1, 2020
Hi guys,
I bought the GW3 from Amazon US and the firmware is stuck at the R845USQU1BTK2 which is still Tizen 5.5.0.1.
Any clue why is this happening?
Do you suggest me to change CSC so that I get the updates?

Thanks in advance

congusto

Apr 12, 2010
Alkmaar
It could well be that an update for your model on the current CSC hasn't come out yet.
Check it here, and change the CSC to yours (use capitals).
I don't think it is wise to change the CSC for an LTE watch if you use the LTE functionality (provider bound) . I'd just wait until your provider comes with an update.

Reactions: FreddyFredFred
Apr 1, 2020
It could well be that an update for your model on the current CSC hasn't come out yet.
I don't think it is wise to change the CSC for an LTE watch if you use the LTE functionality (provider bound) . I'd just wait until your provider comes with an update.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
It just sounds weird to me that they are leaving behind this model and wanted to check if it's just me or if mommy Samsung is just slow.

For the change of CSC, theoretically it shouldn't be an issue as the watch is unlocked (no provider branded)...so I don't think it should be linked to a specific provider and the change of CSC shouldn't affect negatively the LTE functionality.
At least this is what I think...

I was trying to get some comfort from you guys before jumping into the adventure.... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.