Question [SM-S901U] How can i change the bluetooth bit & sample rates and turn on HD audio in the dev options?

Search This thread
It wont let me change these settings, regardless of if im connected to a bluetooth device or not. Do i need to have other settings enabled/disabled before i can change the audio settings under the developer options menu?

I have the U.S model with the Qualcomm snapdragon chipset, running android 12 and One UI 4.1, in case that's worth noting.

Im not sure if these will be of any use but just for reference heres 2 screenshots of the menus im unable to interact with.
All other bluetooth settings between "HD audio" and "Bluetooth Audio Codec LDAC:"
I'm unable to change, even though i can open the menus and none of the options appear to be grayed-out.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. Im fairly new here and android 12 as well (most recent android version ive used in recent years is android 8.0 oreo). still learning my way around.
thanks in advance for any help, answers, etc.

Screenshot_20220507-134157_Settings.jpg Screenshot_20220507-134234_Settings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Swaddy

Dec 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S22
tldr: I’m no help, but I can confirm some parts.

I’ve got a pair of Sony WF-1000XM3. As long as the headphones are connected, I can turn on and off the HD audio setting and switch between SBC and AAC (they don’t support better standards).

My old Bluetooth speaker and a Jabra Evolve 65 don't activate this settings, so it depends on the Bluetooth version and supported audio formats?
I'm unable to change, even though i can open the menus and none of the options appear to be grayed-out.
Yes I can confirm that, same here.

bamn

Jul 23, 2010
It's as simple as connecting a headset capable of this codecs/options.
I think generally the best option would be selected automatically.