Question SM-S906U1 - Please explain CSC

Search This thread

sbi1

Oct 7, 2011
Boston area
Greetings,

Just purchased Unlocked S22+ from Samsung US. The phone model is SM-S906U1UES2AVI5.
My service is with AT&T.

My CSC status shows the following:

SM-S906U1_OYM_ATT_13_0012
ATT/ATT,XAA/XAA

My questions are:
Are the first two ATT/ATT a result of the phone recognizing AT&T Sim card?
What do the XAA/XAA mean?
If I insert another provider's SIM (US T-Mobile for example, or UK Vodafon, or you-name-it), will my phone still work? It is supposed to be Unlocked. I have an International Version S21+ and the provider/SIM info is not shown like this.

Thank you.

DubelBoom

Jan 10, 2011
Your currently applied CSC is ATT, then 2 sim slots: ATT and another one probably empty. Eventually the original device CSC, which is USA/Unlocked.
Basically your device us unlocked for the US market, because you've out an ATT sim inside, it got an ATT CSC.
You can put whatever sim you want.

sbi1

Oct 7, 2011
Boston area
Your currently applied CSC is ATT, then 2 sim slots: ATT and another one probably empty. Eventually the original device CSC, which is USA/Unlocked.
Basically your device us unlocked for the US market, because you've out an ATT sim inside, it got an ATT CSC.
You can put whatever sim you want.

Thanks @DubelBoom .

So if I just put another provider's SIM (T-mobile for example), the first two will change to TMO.
I believe it is unlocked for all markets, not just US/
What is the meaning of the 3rd/4th CSC (XAA/XAA)?

This phone has one physical SIM Slot and any other SIM will be eSim.

DubelBoom

Jan 10, 2011
Man search up on Google how csc is written, you'll find it all. Basically it's current CSC / sim1, sim2 / csc of what it was manufactured for.
The last one cannot be changed, the others can, with different methods.

XAA is us unlocked meaning this device was manufactured for the US market with no specific carrier. Has nothing to do with sim lock, it has mostly to do with software updates.

sbi1

Oct 7, 2011
Boston area
Man search up on Google how csc is written, you'll find it all. Basically it's current CSC / sim1, sim2 / csc of what it was manufactured for.
The last one cannot be changed, the others can, with different methods.

XAA is us unlocked meaning this device was manufactured for the US market with no specific carrier. Has nothing to do with sim lock, it has mostly to do with software updates.

I seearched, it is unclear to me in this case.
So the first one (Current CSC) - will this change as well if I use another carrier (not AT&T)?
Am I getting AT&T updates (because of the first one) or am I getting Samsung updates because it is an unlocked/unbranded phone? This is what confuses me.
I want to make sure that I can put whichever SIM that I want and the phone will work "out of the box".

Thank you.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
che

check it out *spam link remove" edit by blackhawk
Squished bs, from their website:
"How long will it take for my Cow Squishmallow to be delivered?
We are using the fastest logistics companies out there who are going to deliver these beautiful squishmallows to your doorstep in 15-21 business days.

Is the Cow Squishmallow a unisex toy?
The toy is suitable for both genders to play with. Not only this, but the babies also take a keen interest in playing with the cow squishmallows. So, when you grab a couple of these toys all of your children can share them." 🤣

From China with wuv...

Last edited:

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The last part will never change and will always show what the original configuration was. If it was purchased as US unlocked, it will show XAA, if Verizon, VZW, etc. The first two will change simply by inserting another carrier's SIM card. The third is how it was registered when it received the last software update.