Question SM-S908U1 with XAA/XAA CSC, network issues outside USA

Search This thread

ydagana

Feb 7, 2023
Hello and hope you guys are well, and I apologize if my post is lacking any info or in any way as I'm still new here.

I have an SM-S908U1 with XAA/XAA CSC code, I hope someone can help me with which CSC should I patch it with to fix poor network issue (poor quality call, poor network signal and barely working LTE/4G).

To give more context, I live in Morocco, my phone used to work fine, I'm not sure what CSC code it has before as I only learned a bit about what CSC is after the research I've done when I had this issue a couple weeks ago.
I travelled to Turkey and used a Turkish SIM card there, it worked fine. I also installed the official January update while I was there.
I came back home on January 23rd, and put back my Moroccan SIM card and noticed the network issues right after, used different SIM cards from different operators, all with the same issue.

I tried all the possible fixes, from resetting network settings to factory resetting my phone, and I even downgraded android to November's security patch version (using ODIN and a ROM for SM-S908U1 XAA) in case the issue was caused by the newest update. None of those worked. I just updated the phone the normal way to January version again.

After a lot of research online, I now think the guy I purchased the phone from maybe patched the phone but whatever he did was overwritten while I was abroad and/or maybe with the software update.

Now I wish someone can point me towards what CSC code should I patch (if any), Morocco's CSC is MWD but it's for SM-S908E with Exynos and I'm worried patching my phone with that one wouldn't work. And I have no idea if any of the other CSC codes for SM-S908U1 would solve the issue or if I have to do something else other than changing CSC.

Thank you for reading all of this even if you have no clue about it, and I'd so appreciate any help pointing me to in the right direction.

ydagana

Feb 7, 2023
You cannot flash Morocco or European CSC on US S22U. However, you can unlock all LTE & 5G bands using the service menu which should help with your connection issues outside US. See this guide.
I did all the steps in that guide and unlocked all LTE and 5G bands, I can now see LTE+ (instead of just LTE before) but the network issue is still present, even with LTE+, internet is very slow (slow ping and 1~2Mb/s speed compared to 40Mb/s on other phones in same location), call quality is also still bad, hope you and someone has a clue what might be the problem.

ydagana

Feb 7, 2023
Hi @peacey8, sorry to bug you again. I followed your guide and enabled all bands and still have the poor network issue, when I compared my list of bands to your screenshot, the only thing that is different is that on yours it's showing: CDMA: w HDR, on mine it's CDMA: w/o HDR, I wonder if that could be the reason.
If I go to CDMA band preference to activate With HDR, it says "NOT SUPP".

Thank you in advance and please let me know if you have any ideas.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You cannot flash Morocco or European CSC on US S22U. However, you can unlock all LTE & 5G bands using the service menu which should help with your connection issues outside US. See this guide.