SM-T230/SM-T230NU/SM-T231 - UNOFFICIAL - CM 11/CM 14.1 Based - Android 4.4.4/7.1.2

Does this ROM fits your needs?

• Yes

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 24 29.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

sherlyghee

May 30, 2017
it would be better if sm t231 user get higher version custom rom because of day by day android updats news apps support only from android version 5.0 and smt231 or smt230nu is still in 4.4.4 and there is no any lollipop updates from Samsung i think these tabs are dead now. everything is good with this tab but not any lollipop roms so far, neither official update nor custom rom. i m using this phone since 4 years but bettry backup is stil awesome.?

RedWirePlatinum

Mar 21, 2019
Making a name to personalize apps in the startup of the ROM

When I typed in a name in a name for "First" and "Last" and tried to go on, I got a message saying "Unfortunately, Google Account Manager has stopped", but when I didnt type anything for a name, It let me go on.
Nearly thought I couldnt use my tablet because of the error that you can get past lol

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
When I typed in a name in a name for "First" and "Last" and tried to go on, I got a message saying "Unfortunately, Google Account Manager has stopped", but when I didnt type anything for a name, It let me go on.
Nearly thought I couldnt use my tablet because of the error that you can get past lol

Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into this.

Hey,

I need to flash this. So,
1: Does it works on SM-T230 ? (Not NU)
2: Does it have any problems ?
3: Which rom should I use in this thread, there is 2 roms??? (please give link if u answer)
4: Do I need to wipe system , dalvik cache, cache, data, storage (I have sd card) and flash normally?
5: Can I install magisk in that?
:confused:

Tea Ghost

May 1, 2019
I can't download ROM from the provided link.
File: cm-11-20181216-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip
Then I click "Download", the following message appears:
"OOPS!
no mirrors found."
Any help?

Apr 27, 2019
That link wors fine when i downloaded and clean installed it yesterday and just tried that link again and it seems fine.
>>>> EDIT: sorry, i thought you were referring to the original cm-14.1-20180131-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip but i see im now attempting to download the newer 20181216 one which is downloading just from a mirror in Quebec.

This (the older 20180131) ROM however some issues on my SM-T230NU, its nice that it is quite fast and those samsung built-in navigation buttons work out of the box so there's no redundant onscreen nav set needed (as occurs the Pixelized OS rom). however the big problem is i cannot edit any desktop widgets, OpenLauncher simply wont enable any edit handles to resize or move anything except icons. OpenLauncher crashes any time i click on the "...miscellaneous" item in its Settings panel.

i will try the newer CM11 to see if its any better (i cant post links so its broken up with spaces):
https:// androidfilehost .com /?fid=11410963190603876591

Last edited:

jastrow

Dec 14, 2018
Looking for a rom to install...

That link wors fine when i downloaded and clean installed it yesterday and just tried that link again and it seems fine.
>>>> EDIT: sorry, i thought you were referring to the original cm-14.1-20180131-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip but i see im now attempting to download the newer 20181216 one which is downloading just from a mirror in Quebec.

This (the older 20180131) ROM however some issues on my SM-T230NU, its nice that it is quite fast and those samsung built-in navigation buttons work out of the box so there's no redundant onscreen nav set needed (as occurs the Pixelized OS rom). however the big problem is i cannot edit any desktop widgets, OpenLauncher simply wont enable any edit handles to resize or move anything except icons. OpenLauncher crashes any time i click on the "...miscellaneous" item in its Settings panel.

i will try the newer CM11 to see if its any better (i cant post links so its broken up with spaces):
https:// androidfilehost .com /?fid=11410963190603876591

Did you have any luck? I dusted off my old tab 4 and put a new battery in it and want to find a rom that will make it run better. Plan to use it as an e-reader and to surf the web.

Let me know if you got CM11 workding.

NightmareN8

Oct 21, 2018
Might be dumb question but stupid questions are the ones unasked or so they say. I bought a tab4 today to find its rooted. I would like to try this rom to update it. But don't know the steps to do so. Please someone walk me thru it. Btw it was rooted with king root from what i can tell. Thanks.

fossils-n-dents

I finally decided to put a rom on my stock rooted Tab 4 (SM-T230nu), and was amazed at the amount of debloat (No Samsung/ Google/ apps).

Using the yearly update in the OP, I lamented not having the final update (I'm using cm-11-20181216), and crossed my fingers after reading many were having installation problems.

I wiped everything, and flashed through TWRP 3.3.1. Flashed/ Booted perfectly the first time with no problem.

The first photo displays the rom stats, the second photo shows the date. Installed yesterday and is running fine alongside Xposed (3rd photo). The extra bonus is my security patch moved up two years...hooray?

The rom is great given the age/ unpopularity of the device. Very light on resources and snappy in response to touch input.

Thank You Secretwolf wherever you are!

Last edited:

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
I finally decided to put a rom on my stock rooted Tab 4 (SM-T230nu), and was amazed at the amount of debloat (No Samsung/ Google/ apps).

Using the yearly update in the OP, I lamented not having the final update (I'm using cm-11-20181216), and crossed my fingers after reading many were having installation problems.

I wiped everything, and flashed through TWRP 3.3.1. Flashed/ Booted perfectly the first time with no problem.

The first photo displays the rom stats, the second photo shows the date. Installed yesterday and is running fine alongside Xposed (3rd photo). The extra bonus is my security patch moved up two years...hooray?

The rom is great given the age/ unpopularity of the device. Very light on resources and snappy in response to touch input.

Thank You Secretwolf wherever you are!

I moved the builds to another team member of mine. He will be starting on it next week.

Reactions: fossils-n-dents

Texas_Ace

Apr 1, 2012
Howdy, I am confused. Is this android 4.4.4 or 7.1.2?

I just picked up a T230nu from a garage sale for $10 and would like to update it to be usable as a wifi tablet for the kids but a lot of things won't run on kitkat anymore. All my other devices run lineageos 7.1.2 so I would love for this to match.

Is this the best / latest rom for this device?

It is really hard to dig through the roms in this section since there are so many different model numbers that fall under the tab 4 it seems.

elwhiteboy01

Apr 1, 2016
Miami
Howdy, I am confused. Is this android 4.4.4 or 7.1.2?

I just picked up a T230nu from a garage sale for $10 and would like to update it to be usable as a wifi tablet for the kids but a lot of things won't run on kitkat anymore. All my other devices run lineageos 7.1.2 so I would love for this to match.

Is this the best / latest rom for this device?

It is really hard to dig through the roms in this section since there are so many different model numbers that fall under the tab 4 it seems.

This ROM is a design of 7.1.2 but basically still 4.4.4. Even with this ROM, you still won't be able to run certain apps. Samsung has never released 5.0 for this device. And despite speculation, I doubt they ever will. I have been able to use mobdro on it. That's about it. No other streaming apps. The settings menu is the same as 4.4.4. Just an example. Even with all that, I found this to be the best ROM for this obsolete device.

Texas_Ace

Apr 1, 2012
Thanks for the info, so basically it is a glorified mp3 player at this point. Sucks but oh well for the price I paid.

Too bad lineage doesn't work on this device.

Texas_Ace

Apr 1, 2012
lol, yeah I suppose it could dot hat as well.

I wanted to run signal on it (it is what my family uses texts) so that it could be a "home phone" of sorts but they stopped supporting kitkat earlier this year.

SKYSHPY

Jan 24, 2020
Helps

Like what pop ups? give me some examples.

ello sir, have a nice day and apologize if I disturb the day right now.
Yes, I have a Samsung tablet tab 4 T231. Now I want to upgrade to the operating system you provide, I should choose which is best for my computer and if you don't mind, can you help me specify how to install the original SS T231 child room as Operating System The act he is providing is not. Because my English is not good, if you can hope you can help me.
Dear

joshworx

Aug 3, 2012
Anyone have an archive of the latest version of this? I've been desperately trying to install the latest version on the original post, but no luck, stuck on the flashy android head overnight. If anyone could link me, that would be awesome, thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Secretwolf98
    Is glad
    To present
    A working Android 4.4.4/7.1.2 ROM:

To view current and past builds: https://github.com/Ryzen9-5950X-RTX3090/project/releases/tag/CM11-degaswifi

CM 14.1 1 year update:

cm-14.1-20180131-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip

Join our new Discord server!
    https://discord.gg/5KkywPr

What's Included In This ROM?

1.) All Main CM Apps
    2.) XDA Labs (Team Secretwolf98 is not responsible for any Copyright claims, this app fully belongs to the XDA-Developers team)
    3.) Upgraded the Android Version to, 4.4.4 & 7.1.2
    4.) No TouchWiz features (There is only TouchWiz Framework, to make the ROM work)
    5.) BusyBox

The next following update will obtain:

GitHub source:

https://github.com/secretwolf98/cm-11-degaswifi-based-rom

Credits:

CyanogenMod (For the main CM apps)
    Samsung (For creating the Tab 4)

@Xzanah (for putting in the boot animation)
    Google (For creating Android and making monthly Security Patches)
    LineageOS (For making the updated webview stuff)

Most Stable Version: CM 11
    Date Of Release: 3-12-2018
    Android Version: Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) - Based on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
    Last update of this thread: Feb-24-2018
    Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy
    Thanks dude.

Build is out. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=249452

What is new?

1) updated security patch
    2) updated webview stuff
    3) updated Google stuff
    4) updated CM stuff
    5) removed not needed stock apps
    6) added a new setup wizard
    7) added AOSP keyboard
    8) added stock MEMO
    9) added Exposed support
    10) removed the shut down animation
    11) added more fonts

Questions?

Do I have to do a clean install of this ROM? Yes
    Do I have to flash gapps? No
    Can I use your ROM as based and start my own ROM or continue where you left off? Yes
    Are you making any new updates in the future? No, but there is a 1% chance that I may come back

Enjoy the last update everyone! :) Please give me feedback of this update.

Signing off,
    secretwolf98
    So, the title is styled like a CM port to the T230, with NO mention that it's just a stock mod, it's poor advertising, and it's sad that the only actual port is left to someone who just edits /system/apps/

Have you read the WHOLE thread? I have also stated about this in PAST comments. I have stated it is JUST stock with CHANGES. So, do you have anymore complaints about ANYTHING that I have stated PREVIOUSLY? So, it is NOT "poor advertising".
    To answer some of the most recent questions in this thread:
    Correct, this is Android 4.4.4 with some CM14 apps, including its launcher.

Just place a new "bootanimation.zip" in /system/media and (as necessary) set the permissions to rw-r--r-- (chmod 644).

I'm usings the SecretWolf98 ROMs for many months now, and have not come across any issue. Camera works...

https://secretwolf98.webnode.com/l/sun-setting-over-the-horizon/
    *****POST UPDATED******

Get the last update today!

Final Release / Final Release Change-Log:

New CM 11 apps, updated CM 11 apps, removed rest of the stock apps, updated root, added Google Play Store, made booting faster, updated security patch to November-5-2017, fixed updater-script, fixed build.prop, added a custom wallpaper (made by me in Adobe Photoshop), updated SU binary, updated BusyBox, ***Custom boot animation finally made it to this update! ***, updated kernel, removed AOSP keyboard, and removed boot sound.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jim...ew?usp=sharing