SM-T230/SM-T230NU/SM-T231 - UNOFFICIAL - CM 11/CM 14.1 Based - Android 4.4.4/7.1.2

Does this ROM fits your needs?

• Yes

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 24 29.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

U N K N O W N

Jun 27, 2020
Its taking 70 mins time to boot

It is just booting and booting until the battery drains off. You say that it is lineage os but it shows cyanogen mod logo... And the android version is 7.1.2 but the sdk api level is 19 it must be 25:confused::confused::confused:.
Please reply I need answer.

Last edited:

MeRHaBaLaR_aQ

Apr 2, 2020
Team Secretwolf98
Is glad
To present
A working Android 4.4.4/7.1.2 ROM:

To view current and past builds: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=248897

CM 14.1 1 year update:

cm-14.1-20180131-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip

Join our new Discord server!
https://discord.gg/5KkywPr

What's Included In This ROM?

1.) All Main CM Apps
2.) XDA Labs (Team Secretwolf98 is not responsible for any Copyright claims, this app fully belongs to the XDA-Developers team)
3.) Upgraded the Android Version to, 4.4.4 & 7.1.2
4.) No TouchWiz features (There is only TouchWiz Framework, to make the ROM work)
5.) BusyBox

The next following update will obtain:

GitHub source:

https://github.com/secretwolf98/cm-11-degaswifi-based-rom

Credits:

CyanogenMod (For the main CM apps)
Samsung (For creating the Tab 4)
@Xzanah (for putting in the boot animation)
Google (For creating Android and making monthly Security Patches)
LineageOS (For making the updated webview stuff)
Can I use it 7.0'' model?

smithtor

Jan 16, 2021
After some fiddling I managed to flash this ROM and it appears to work just fine. I did not manage to flash the appropriate GAPPs; it had one but it was for 7.7.1 and did not work.
That led to a problem. Somehow I managed to screw up Google PlayServices to the point where i had to do a factory reset.

That left me without root access, for some reason. KingoRoot and Rootmaster both say I have it but SuperUser says not.

So I need some sort of workaround to recover root access.

Any thoughts?

Scarle

Mar 14, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
I can confirm I succesfully installed and booted this ROM on my T230NU (codename 'degas').
It took a few retries (1st issue: Odin was not transfering correctly, 2nd issue: ROM was not booting properly) before I managed to get passed the Android boot splashscreens , so here are the steps I took:

1. install AIDA64 or CPU-Z (or equivalent) to confirm your device is compatible (mine is a T230NU)
  2. free some space on the internal storage. You need at least 1GB to upload the ROM archive, and the installation process may require more. Personally I had 2GB available.
  3. download the most recent ROM (cm-11-20181216-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip) from secretwork98's link above.
  4. upload cm-11-20181216-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip onto the tab storage, for example via the traditional USB access (MTP).
  5. install a recovery tool (which lets you backup your system, wipe RAM/storage, install a ROM, etc), I chose TWRM (https://eu.dl.twrp.me/degas/):
    1. install Odin v3.09 (I think I got transfer errors when trying to use later version v3.14.1)
    2. download the TWRM package which matches the T320 : TWRP 3.5.0_9-0-degas.img.tar
    3. boot your T230 into download mode (maintain menu-button + volume-DOWN + power-on, until the device boots then displays a warning screen, then confirm with the volume-up button). You reach a 'download in progress' screen.
    4. connect your T230 to your computer with a proper, fully functional, USB cable.
    5. open the Odin GUI, click on the "AP" (=APplication) button and select file TWRP 3.5.0_9-0-degas.img.tar
    6. untick the 'auto-reboot' option to block the tablet from rebooting after transfer, which may cause the factory bootcode to be restored and TWRM to be overwritten.
    7. click 'START'. In a few seconds, Odin should confirm that it can access the T320, and then install the TWRM application in less than a minute. If Odin cannot properly communicate or write to the device, the GUI buttons will be all greyed out. Just wait for 60 sec to reach the execution timeout, and Odin will cancel execution properly. Waiting for timeout is better than to kill the Odin process and risk bricking your tablet.
    8. If Odin completes succesfully, then you are done installing TWRM. Congrats!
  6. please boot the T230 into recovery mode (maintain menu-button + volume-DOWN + power-on, until the device boots). You should reach the TWRM menu.
  7. create a back-up of the original system (I skipped this step, may be unwise)
  8. go in to the WIPE menu, and click on advanced wipe : select Dalvik/cache/system/data and confirm the wipe. If you wiped the storage by mistake, you may have deleted the ROM you just uploaded on step 4. To reupload the ROM, you may have to use the 'adb' tool if you cannot use mount the tablet via MTP protocol.
  9. go back to TWRM home menu, then click "INSTALL". Select the file cm-11-20181216-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip, and click "Install Image" (don't try to enable the ZIP signature check, or installation will simply error out). TWRM installs the ROM to the tablet storage.
  10. Reboot and enjoy!

In my first and unsuccesful attempt, I failed to wipe the dalvik memory of step 8. It did not brick the device but it caused the ROM to loop forever on the Android animation (on 1st boot, the expected sequence is : samsung T230 splash screen, then Cyanogen animation, then "Android with some light reflections" animation, then you reach Android's initial configuration pages).

To address the endless bootloop:
  • I forced the device to power off (power button during 5-10 secs)
  • rebooted to recovery mode (volume-up + menu-button + power) to open TWRM
  • performed the step8 correctly, and rebooted
  • the following reboot completed succesfully.

MAIN ISSUE:
  1. Google keeps locking the associated Google account, and notifying that there were some suspicious activity on the google account associated to the tablet. Is it frequent? Luckily, I created an account with use limited to this tablet.

found bugs:
  1. the default web browser (bottom-right icon of main screen) is crashing immediatly. But I can use Chrome 81 without a trouble. Mozilla does not provide Firefox packages thru the appstore.
  2. some other apps from the marketplace can be successfully installed from the marketplace, but crashes on execution. I guess that is because neither the app developer nor Google cares to validate the application release on KitKat.

Last edited:

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
Currently trying to get a system built and working past android 4.4.x:

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=OPM7.181205.001
ro.build.display.id=aosp_degaswifi-userdebug 8.1.0 OPM7.181205.001 79a0f8706b test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=79a0f8706b
ro.build.version.sdk=27
ro.build.version.preview_sdk=0
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.all_codenames=REL
ro.build.version.release=8.1.0
ro.build.version.security_patch=2021-10-05
ro.build.version.base_os=
ro.build.date=Mon Nov 29 11:53:26 CST 2021
ro.build.date.utc=1638208406
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.user=nzxt_linuxmint
ro.build.host=NZXTBLD-LinuxMint
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.build.flavor=aosp_degaswifi-userdebug
ro.product.model=Galaxy Tab 4
ro.product.brand=Android
ro.product.name=aosp_degaswifi
ro.product.device=degaswifi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Secretwolf98
    Is glad
    To present
    A working Android 4.4.4/7.1.2 ROM:

To view current and past builds: https://github.com/Ryzen9-5950X-RTX3090/project/releases/tag/CM11-degaswifi

CM 14.1 1 year update:

cm-14.1-20180131-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip

Join our new Discord server!
    https://discord.gg/5KkywPr

What's Included In This ROM?

1.) All Main CM Apps
    2.) XDA Labs (Team Secretwolf98 is not responsible for any Copyright claims, this app fully belongs to the XDA-Developers team)
    3.) Upgraded the Android Version to, 4.4.4 & 7.1.2
    4.) No TouchWiz features (There is only TouchWiz Framework, to make the ROM work)
    5.) BusyBox

The next following update will obtain:

GitHub source:

https://github.com/secretwolf98/cm-11-degaswifi-based-rom

Credits:

CyanogenMod (For the main CM apps)
    Samsung (For creating the Tab 4)

@Xzanah (for putting in the boot animation)
    Google (For creating Android and making monthly Security Patches)
    LineageOS (For making the updated webview stuff)

Most Stable Version: CM 11
    Date Of Release: 3-12-2018
    Android Version: Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) - Based on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
    Last update of this thread: Feb-24-2018
    Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy
    Thanks dude.

Build is out. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=249452

What is new?

1) updated security patch
    2) updated webview stuff
    3) updated Google stuff
    4) updated CM stuff
    5) removed not needed stock apps
    6) added a new setup wizard
    7) added AOSP keyboard
    8) added stock MEMO
    9) added Exposed support
    10) removed the shut down animation
    11) added more fonts

Questions?

Do I have to do a clean install of this ROM? Yes
    Do I have to flash gapps? No
    Can I use your ROM as based and start my own ROM or continue where you left off? Yes
    Are you making any new updates in the future? No, but there is a 1% chance that I may come back

Enjoy the last update everyone! :) Please give me feedback of this update.

Signing off,
    secretwolf98
    So, the title is styled like a CM port to the T230, with NO mention that it's just a stock mod, it's poor advertising, and it's sad that the only actual port is left to someone who just edits /system/apps/

Have you read the WHOLE thread? I have also stated about this in PAST comments. I have stated it is JUST stock with CHANGES. So, do you have anymore complaints about ANYTHING that I have stated PREVIOUSLY? So, it is NOT "poor advertising".
    To answer some of the most recent questions in this thread:
    Correct, this is Android 4.4.4 with some CM14 apps, including its launcher.

Just place a new "bootanimation.zip" in /system/media and (as necessary) set the permissions to rw-r--r-- (chmod 644).

I'm usings the SecretWolf98 ROMs for many months now, and have not come across any issue. Camera works...

https://secretwolf98.webnode.com/l/sun-setting-over-the-horizon/
    *****POST UPDATED******

Get the last update today!

Final Release / Final Release Change-Log:

New CM 11 apps, updated CM 11 apps, removed rest of the stock apps, updated root, added Google Play Store, made booting faster, updated security patch to November-5-2017, fixed updater-script, fixed build.prop, added a custom wallpaper (made by me in Adobe Photoshop), updated SU binary, updated BusyBox, ***Custom boot animation finally made it to this update! ***, updated kernel, removed AOSP keyboard, and removed boot sound.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jim...ew?usp=sharing