SM-T230/SM-T230NU/SM-T231 - UNOFFICIAL - CM 11/CM 14.1 Based - Android 4.4.4/7.1.2

Does this ROM fits your needs?

• Yes

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Guillox22

Sep 27, 2021
That is weird. The button button must be bad. Does the home button key combo allow you to boot into twrp?
Something that I did not tell you, I was touching something on your rom, I think I added a new twrp and it stayed in the logo, I was jittered, and for that coincidence the home button does not work for me, it is like I was pressed, a way to return to recovery It is by pressing the 3 corresponding keys, but since I cannot use the home button for a long time, I cannot use it, my question is there any way to enter recovery without using the home button? since to use odin I have to enter recovery

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
Something that I did not tell you, I was touching something on your rom, I think I added a new twrp and it stayed in the logo, I was jittered, and for that coincidence the home button does not work for me, it is like I was pressed, a way to return to recovery It is by pressing the 3 corresponding keys, but since I cannot use the home button for a long time, I cannot use it, my question is there any way to enter recovery without using the home button? since to use odin I have to enter recovery
Not what as I know of.

Reactions: Guillox22

applepie_6960

Dec 31, 2021
There is a way if you have usb debugging and adb is working then you can put the tablet on recovery mode using commands i have changed the rom of samsung tab 4 using these commands

Link- https://drive.google.com/file/d/126TAKtQ_8g56pfwBwFkFQV1VE_pilDap/view?usp=drivesdk

Steps-

1)connect your tablet to your pc make sure usb debugging is enabled and adb is working

2) extract the file, open it , open the preferred batch file to put your tablet to the preferred mode you want to put it in

Reactions: Guillox22

Guillox22

Sep 27, 2021
There is a way if you have usb debugging and adb is working then you can put the tablet on recovery mode using commands i have changed the rom of samsung tab 4 using these commands

Link- https://drive.google.com/file/d/126TAKtQ_8g56pfwBwFkFQV1VE_pilDap/view?usp=drivesdk

Steps-

1)connect your tablet to your pc make sure usb debugging is enabled and adb is working

2) extract the file, open it , open the preferred batch file to put your tablet to the preferred mode you want to put it in
Excellent, thank you very much for the information, in a few days I will try to do it and comment if it worked for me XD

nitsuj77a

Dec 20, 2008
1st, shout out and thanks to @secretwolf98 for the rom.

Just in case anyone is watching, I've installed cm-11-20211124-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi successfully on a T230NU I came upon and brought back to life. Installed the seeder 2.0.0b1 app for good measure.

It's only been like an hour since I completed the install so I'll update the thread in a few days with my findings.

Last edited:

akhilrac2000

Jan 9, 2017
Hey, I am new to this thread. First of all, thank you to @secretwolf98 for supporting this device. I have a SM T231 and I am trying to bring it back to life by using it as a wall mounted tablet. For that I need a newer version of android webview. But kitkat has version 30 of android webview which can't render my dashboard properly. From reading this thread I understand that this rom is based on cm11 kitkat but with newer security patches and a newer vesion of webview.

@secretwolf98 can you please mention which version of webview have you packaged with this rom. Once again thank you for your work

nitsuj77a

Dec 20, 2008
Update as promised - I haven't had any problems with this ROM. Battery life is decent and it hasn't crashed ever.

My only gripe is the version of android running (4.4.4) is too old to work with most of the apps I wanted to use (Netflix, Hulu, HBO...). So now I use it as an extra screen with the spacedesk app.

Thanks again @secretwolf98

Arkodutimondal

Mar 27, 2022
Screenshot_2022-03-27-07-41-31.png

Jun 26, 2022
Noob question as I'm not sure where to ask this. I need a minimum of android 6 to run an app. My SM T230 NU has only 4.4.2 . Would this allow me to run apps designed for 6 and up? Is there more supporting software needed to make this work. I have this old tablet I want to use to run a map app for my jeep.

TIA
Bear

meanhacker

Aug 21, 2012
Noob question as I'm not sure where to ask this. I need a minimum of android 6 to run an app. My SM T230 NU has only 4.4.2 . Would this allow me to run apps designed for 6 and up? Is there more supporting software needed to make this work. I have this old tablet I want to use to run a map app for my jeep.

TIA
Bear
It most likely will not allow you to run newer apps as this ROM is Android version 4.4.4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Secretwolf98
    Is glad
    To present
    A working Android 4.4.4/7.1.2 ROM:

To view current and past builds: https://github.com/Ryzen9-5950X-RTX3090/project/releases/tag/CM11-degaswifi

CM 14.1 1 year update:

cm-14.1-20180131-UNOFFICIAL-degaswifi.zip

Join our new Discord server!
    https://discord.gg/5KkywPr

What's Included In This ROM?

1.) All Main CM Apps
    2.) XDA Labs (Team Secretwolf98 is not responsible for any Copyright claims, this app fully belongs to the XDA-Developers team)
    3.) Upgraded the Android Version to, 4.4.4 & 7.1.2
    4.) No TouchWiz features (There is only TouchWiz Framework, to make the ROM work)
    5.) BusyBox

The next following update will obtain:

GitHub source:

https://github.com/secretwolf98/cm-11-degaswifi-based-rom

Credits:

CyanogenMod (For the main CM apps)
    Samsung (For creating the Tab 4)

@Xzanah (for putting in the boot animation)
    Google (For creating Android and making monthly Security Patches)
    LineageOS (For making the updated webview stuff)

Most Stable Version: CM 11
    Date Of Release: 3-12-2018
    Android Version: Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) - Based on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
    Last update of this thread: Feb-24-2018
    Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy
    Thanks dude.

Build is out. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=249452

What is new?

1) updated security patch
    2) updated webview stuff
    3) updated Google stuff
    4) updated CM stuff
    5) removed not needed stock apps
    6) added a new setup wizard
    7) added AOSP keyboard
    8) added stock MEMO
    9) added Exposed support
    10) removed the shut down animation
    11) added more fonts

Questions?

Do I have to do a clean install of this ROM? Yes
    Do I have to flash gapps? No
    Can I use your ROM as based and start my own ROM or continue where you left off? Yes
    Are you making any new updates in the future? No, but there is a 1% chance that I may come back

Enjoy the last update everyone! :) Please give me feedback of this update.

Signing off,
    secretwolf98
    So, the title is styled like a CM port to the T230, with NO mention that it's just a stock mod, it's poor advertising, and it's sad that the only actual port is left to someone who just edits /system/apps/

Have you read the WHOLE thread? I have also stated about this in PAST comments. I have stated it is JUST stock with CHANGES. So, do you have anymore complaints about ANYTHING that I have stated PREVIOUSLY? So, it is NOT "poor advertising".
    *****POST UPDATED******

Get the last update today!

Final Release / Final Release Change-Log:

New CM 11 apps, updated CM 11 apps, removed rest of the stock apps, updated root, added Google Play Store, made booting faster, updated security patch to November-5-2017, fixed updater-script, fixed build.prop, added a custom wallpaper (made by me in Adobe Photoshop), updated SU binary, updated BusyBox, ***Custom boot animation finally made it to this update! ***, updated kernel, removed AOSP keyboard, and removed boot sound.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jim...ew?usp=sharing
    To answer some of the most recent questions in this thread:
    Correct, this is Android 4.4.4 with some CM14 apps, including its launcher.

Just place a new "bootanimation.zip" in /system/media and (as necessary) set the permissions to rw-r--r-- (chmod 644).

I'm usings the SecretWolf98 ROMs for many months now, and have not come across any issue. Camera works...

https://secretwolf98.webnode.com/l/sun-setting-over-the-horizon/