• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

SM-T230NU - Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop) - Official Firmware

Search This thread

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
Here i am in March 2018, Samsung did not released Lollipop upgrade for Tab 4 SM-T230NU, and will never do. The latest official firmware from sammobile for this device is 4.4.2.
Alternative rom? Check this link for Acheron Rom 4.4.2 by @g_ding84. Works pretty well: https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-4/development/rom-stock-t230-nu-acheron-rom-v1-0-2015-t3000107

archeron is outdated and slow. A best ROM is, https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=249452

I made that ROM.

SnakeByte

Feb 8, 2015
Alberta
Last edited:

nighrv

Oct 13, 2018
It's October 2018 and still no Lollipop for SM-T230NU. I was just on with Samsung live chat. They got me to install Switch, which would do the install, if available. Oh, well.

onlyonenurse

Mar 9, 2017
waste of time to contact Samsung Chat

Spent over an hour with chat. I reported what version I had, that I wanted to update from 4.4 to a higher Android Version. After an hour with chat, doing screen sharing, grabbing whatever info from my personal laptop, I received confirmation from the tech that my tablet was updated to --> 4.4. Yep no update done!
Does anyone have an alternate way to update an Samsung tablet SM -T230NU? Thanks in advance

rror

Mar 30, 2020
well it's 2020 and I still use the smt230nu but now spectrum won't let you use their app without android 5.0, so is there any way to get a new version of android onto the sm t230nu than 4.4.2? I have a more modern phone, but would still like to use the 8" tablet and it's really not worth it to just buy one (but I may have to) - is there anywhere I can get a rom or something to install it on the t230nu? Any help appreciated.

keikari

Nov 27, 2013
well it's 2020 and I still use the smt230nu but now spectrum won't let you use their app without android 5.0, so is there any way to get a new version of android onto the sm t230nu than 4.4.2? I have a more modern phone, but would still like to use the 8" tablet and it's really not worth it to just buy one (but I may have to) - is there anywhere I can get a rom or something to install it on the t230nu? Any help appreciated.

It's not currently possible (and very unlikely in future) to get android 5+ version for t230nu. Are you sure your tab is t230 since t230 has 7" screen? T330 has 8" screen and for that I think there has been android 5 for long time.

gqs

May 5, 2020
Poznań
Hey, I'm new here :)
I glad that my old tab is still subject of discussion :)
I wanted to pass the samsung tab4 sm-t230 to my doughter... and created parental account for her (google).
Unfortunatly it turn out that I need at least android 5.1 to use the account :(
support.google.com/families/answer/9116646?hl=en&ref_topic=7336331

Any sugestions how to get it work on the device?

gcata

Nov 29, 2021
archeron is outdated and slow. A best ROM is, https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=249452

I made that ROM.
I realise this is an old thread and old answer but I have the same tablet Samsung SM-T230NU and I would like to upgrade it with your code.
I'm a newbie when it comes to Android and I would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction on how to upgrade my tablet using your code. I did ask my best friend Google and there are so many videos and instructions , I don't know which one is good.

I did find the original ROM (T230XXU0ANJ4-4Files-4.4.2-www.taflish.com.zip) and that one can be installed with ODIN. How do I install yours?

If I break it, its fine its an old tablet.
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
I realise this is an old thread and old answer but I have the same tablet Samsung SM-T230NU and I would like to upgrade it with your code.
I'm a newbie when it comes to Android and I would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction on how to upgrade my tablet using your code. I did ask my best friend Google and there are so many videos and instructions , I don't know which one is good.

I did find the original ROM (T230XXU0ANJ4-4Files-4.4.2-www.taflish.com.zip) and that one can be installed with ODIN. How do I install yours?

If I break it, its fine its an old tablet.
Many thanks in advance.
The T23x devices never got the official lollipop android 5.x.x update. Samsung confirmed it years ago but must have scrapped it. I am currently trying to get LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1.0 oreo working on this device. So far, I am failing to get it compiled. I haven't given up yet.

gcata

Nov 29, 2021
The T23x devices never got the official lollipop android 5.x.x update. Samsung confirmed it years ago but must have scrapped it. I am currently trying to get LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1.0 oreo working on this device. So far, I am failing to get it compiled. I haven't given up yet.
Thank you , I really appreciate your time to respond. How do I try your code? I can't load it with Odin. When I unzip it, has lots of folders and binaries. Is there another way - load it on a SD card, etc?

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
This one I would like to try -- https://github.com/Ryzen9-5950X-RTX3090/project/releases/tag/CM11-degaswifi --

Few messages above (couple years ago) you replied " A best ROM is, https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=249452 I made that ROM." which made me look further and saw your github.

How do I install that code, from your Github? I have downloaded the .zip file.
After you have downloaded the cm 11 zip, you put the zip on your device and install it via twrp.

Reactions: gcata

Top Liked Posts