SM-T290 Custom Roms??

Search This thread

carlm3

Mar 6, 2016
Hello. It's been a year since release of this tablet, so Is there any custom roms available for the SM-T290 (Galaxy Tab A 2019 8 inch")? Like Lineage OS?

Thanks.

Reick7

Hello. It's been a year since release of this tablet, so Is there any custom roms available for the SM-T290 (Galaxy Tab A 2019 8 inch")? Like Lineage OS?

Thanks.

Hello friend, unfortunately there is only one rom, made by a member of the forum, an improved version of the stock, but you can try a rom via treble, since our device supports updating by this method, I am testing some myself.

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
I have a T295 (the only difference is that is has mobile data afaik) and would also like to get Lineage on it, since the stock rom is extremely slow, even with very few apps, disabled animations and whatnot.

How would installing via Treble work on Samsung devices, especifically this one? @Reick7

EDIT: nvm, found it, seems to support both T290 and T295 as in: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki

I'm going to try and install it and report back!

Last edited:

Reick7

I have a T295 (the only difference is that is has mobile data afaik) and would also like to get Lineage on it, since the stock rom is extremely slow, even with very few apps, disabled animations and whatnot.

How would installing via Treble work on Samsung devices, especifically this one? @Reick7

EDIT: nvm, found it, seems to support both T290 and T295 as in: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki

I'm going to try and install it and report back!
well, i haven't tested it for a long time, as i've passed the tab to someone else, but the one i tested doesn't work as well as i expected, it was the Resurrection Remix Q

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
@Reick7 Couldn't get it to work, sadly.
I tried to install Treble but it hangs on the initial boot screen aka "Samsung Tab A" + unlocked bootloader screen, never gets past that and reboots indefinitely.

I tried A, A/B and all sorts of things in TWRP like wiping, resizing and whatnot.

What could be the cause?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
Tried downgrading to stock Android 9.0 and flashed everything (BL, AP, CP and CSC), let it boot, shut it down, then put TWRP with vbmeta on it and flashed the LOS GSI (A only) with it.

TWRP succeeded sucessfully, I reboot and it's stuck on the bootloader screen with the unlocked warning, reboots, gets a black screen, reboots, ...

I really have no idea.

Reick7

Tried downgrading to stock Android 9.0 and flashed everything (BL, AP, CP and CSC), let it boot, shut it down, then put TWRP with vbmeta on it and flashed the LOS GSI (A only) with it.

TWRP succeeded sucessfully, I reboot and it's stuck on the bootloader screen with the unlocked warning, reboots, gets a black screen, reboots, ...

I really have no idea.
hi friend, when we install a stock rom we need to activate developer mode and OEM unlock before making any changes, otherwise your device will be locked.i believe that's the case for you, try to reinstall the same stock system you put in before the lockdown, and about gsi, unfortunately i don't know any that work well.

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
hi friend, when we install a stock rom we need to activate developer mode and OEM unlock before making any changes, otherwise your device will be locked.i believe that's the case for you, try to reinstall the same stock system you put in before the lockdown, and about gsi, unfortunately i don't know any that work well.
Yes, I did that. I could install TWRP, but that's about it. No GSI will boot, it doesn't even reach the android boot screen, it just shows the bootloader unlock screen and reboots.

Reick7

Yes, I did that. I could install TWRP, but that's about it. No GSI will boot, it doesn't even reach the android boot screen, it just shows the bootloader unlock screen and reboots.
unfortunately GSI might even work at all, but the overall performance of the tablet won't allow it to be good, I remember testing some GSI when I had the tablet in my hands, nothing worked

I really have no idea.
(I know its 1 year old) Tried to flash a newer version?

Last edited:

Thanks.
To answer your question: Yes. This device supports both AOSP and GSI ROMs. If you are searching for a LineageOS ROM, there is one:
It does not exist that long yet, but it is an official LineageOS 20 ROM which works, I have installed it on my SM-T290!