SM-T295 Can't flash anything other than stock rom!

Search This thread

sterelferel

Feb 20, 2022
hello,
I will try to include every detail so this will be a little long..

i have a samsung tab A 2019 8.0 inch tablet. it is currently running Android 11. Magisk says ramdisk: no
i have unlocked the bootloader and enabled usb debugging
but still i can't flash anything else other than the stock rom!! when i tried to flash a Magisk modified AP.tar file (with the rest of the firmware (AP + BL + CP + CSC)) Odin says "PASS" but the screen of the tablet has a red text saying "Secure check fail: Vbmeta" and when i press the Power + Vol Down it boots to a screen saying "Secure check fail: recovery.img" "This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked call your mobile operator for additional support. Please note that the repair/return for this issue may have additional cost" image attached bellow (not my tab i forgot to take a pic but this is the same exact screen i faced). am able to go to normal usage by flashing stock rom tho.

then also i tried to flash twrp, still same problem, odin flashes successfully and says pass but the tablets screen reads "Secure check fail: Vbmeta" and when trying to boot to recovery right after flash finishes i face the same screen as stated above (look at attached image) then it self flashes the stock recovery after rebooting.

i can not flash android 9 software or even sneak in only the Android 9 BL while the others (AP, CP, CSC) are android 11, it says "SW Rev check fail fused ? binary ?" basically i cant roll back.

i have successfully rooted Samsung Tab A 10.1 SM-T515 (Android 9) using magisk by simply patching the AP and falshing it

so please tell me what the heck is wrong with it why can't i flash anything but stock rom :(

Attachments

• mqdefault.jpg
    mqdefault.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 66

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
This has been addressed several times, particularly in the T290 TWRP thread. You'll need to perform a clean flash, and immediately when the tablet reboots, press one of the volume buttons when the orange Unlocked screen comes up, and select Download Mode. Only then can you flash TWRP in Odin. You will then need to wipe data and install the multidisabler.
You need to flash TWRP with a modified VBmeta.
Have a search for some official TWRP threads. Hopefully there's one for your device
Not necessary AFAIK. I have TWRP 3.6.1 installed on my T290 after flashing CVE3 firmware, and have successfully installed LineageOS.

Reactions: Peterepeat87

Dharmtej

Feb 27, 2021
hello,
I will try to include every detail so this will be a little long..

i have a samsung tab A 2019 8.0 inch tablet. it is currently running Android 11. Magisk says ramdisk: no
i have unlocked the bootloader and enabled usb debugging
but still i can't flash anything else other than the stock rom!! when i tried to flash a Magisk modified AP.tar file (with the rest of the firmware (AP + BL + CP + CSC)) Odin says "PASS" but the screen of the tablet has a red text saying "Secure check fail: Vbmeta" and when i press the Power + Vol Down it boots to a screen saying "Secure check fail: recovery.img" "This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked call your mobile operator for additional support. Please note that the repair/return for this issue may have additional cost" image attached bellow (not my tab i forgot to take a pic but this is the same exact screen i faced). am able to go to normal usage by flashing stock rom tho.

then also i tried to flash twrp, still same problem, odin flashes successfully and says pass but the tablets screen reads "Secure check fail: Vbmeta" and when trying to boot to recovery right after flash finishes i face the same screen as stated above (look at attached image) then it self flashes the stock recovery after rebooting.

i can not flash android 9 software or even sneak in only the Android 9 BL while the others (AP, CP, CSC) are android 11, it says "SW Rev check fail fused ? binary ?" basically i cant roll back.

i have successfully rooted Samsung Tab A 10.1 SM-T515 (Android 9) using magisk by simply patching the AP and falshing it

so please tell me what the heck is wrong with it why can't i flash anything but stock rom :(
Even I am facing the same problem dude . Let me know if you find any solution

Not necessary AFAIK. I have TWRP 3.6.1 installed on my T290 after flashing CVE3 firmware, and have successfully installed LineageOS.
Oh, my mistake. I was thinking of an issue I had with a modified stock rom.
Your added instructions were relevant to that too.

Even I am facing the same problem dude . Let me know if you find any solution
Did you try what V0latyle wrote?
Also helps if you untick the Reboot option in Odin, so you can manually reboot it, and be ready, instead of missing it when it reboots by itself.
Also, don't unplug the usb cable until you've at least got twrp booted.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Also helps if you untick the Reboot option in Odin, so you can manually reboot it, and be ready, instead of missing it when it reboots by itself.
What version of Odin are you using? I'm using 3.14 and do not have the Reboot option.

Dharmtej

Feb 27, 2021

Are you successful in rooting the device?

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Realme 2 pro
anyone tried expanined method and worked ???

i have same issue on tab A7 (middle east version ) sm-t505N

i can flash twrp and format data
then reboot system without any issue

but if i rebooted the tab ,, i face same issue of this topic where it open download mode and ask me to ask my operator for a fix and service center and i have to flash official software

so if anyone can help me
also tell me if this method explained in first comment works

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Realme 2 pro
is this method working for sure ?/
This has been addressed several times, particularly in the T290 TWRP thread. You'll need to perform a clean flash, and immediately when the tablet reboots, press one of the volume buttons when the orange Unlocked screen comes up, and select Download Mode. Only then can you flash TWRP in Odin. You will then need to wipe data and install the multidisabler.

Not necessary AFAIK. I have TWRP 3.6.1 installed on my T290 after flashing CVE3 firmware, and have successfully installed Linea

Kijoo69

Aug 15, 2022

so has anyone tried to do this and it worked for type SM-T295 Android 11 with V4 of the boatloader? because I'm afraid to try which causes the tab to bootloop :(

1031shadow

Aug 20, 2011
Moto G Stylus 5G
this happened to me on cvg3 but could not flash anything but nevaos when i tried to flash anything after i flashed twrp 3.5 but could never boot to twrp it would always say secure check fail aboot fused 5 binary 4 only i never updated the firmware i could not flash stock from i tried flashing everything so i gave up a flashed wa1 i can flash twrp on wa1 but cant boot it it says passed but on the tablet it says vbmeta secure check fail i tried every variation of button presses but could not boot to twrp what can i try

Top Liked Posts