• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SM-T550][LineageOS][Unofficial][Android Pie] Galaxy Tab A 9.7

Do you prefer LineageOS or crDroid for Android 10?

• LineageOS

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • crDroid

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Agakonna

May 24, 2014
Joensuu
SM-T555

Could you port crDroid Android 10 to gt510lte (SM-T555)? Last build of LineageOS (Android 9) worked fine. I can't get this latest crDroid Android 10 to work on my SM-T555 even with removing the error 7 in TWRP.

EDIT: What would you need to get LTE working? I could help with that.

Last edited:

toybits

Apr 18, 2007
Hi @virsys,

First, thanks for the awesome work!

After I installed the 2020-07-19 crDroid ROM, I got most of the things working properly, except a few things.

- Google Assistant. I can open the assistant and talk to it, but I got an error when trying to enable personalization features.
- Notification bar. It is very short, like about 1/3 width of the screen. I think it is still think it is on a phone, not a tablet.

Regards,

Did you get brightness working? Thanks

cdza1971

Sep 1, 2020
Stock sm-t550 ROM for backup

I am a newbie here in the forum. I read about this excellent ROM by virsys and want to flash it on my SM-T550 device but I also want to download the stock ROM in case I goof up. Can someone please point me to a link where I can download the stock ROM . This is for the USA. Many thanks in advance.

layman22

Aug 3, 2015
I am a newbie here in the forum. I read about this excellent ROM by virsys and want to flash it on my SM-T550 device but I also want to download the stock ROM in case I goof up. Can someone please point me to a link where I can download the stock ROM . This is for the USA. Many thanks in advance.

root, install the twrp and make a full backup, done ;)

Aug 3, 2020
Berlin
Hello, sorry if it's a stupid question but is there any way to install this rom in normal way without "tripping" KNOX?
I'm quite used to flashing roms on other devices using twrp, but I read that on the t550 (and other devices with KNOX) if you flash on a custom recovery this causes KNOX to trip.
I'd like to avoid that.

OR can I do it via Flashfire and be sure that it won't trip KNOX that way?
(Because I read that some the kernel of some roms will cause KNOX to trip even when using the Flashfire method to flash the rom)

Please help !
@virsys any advice much appreciated! ;)

Aug 3, 2020
Berlin
Anyone??

I'm trying to help a friend out by updating her Galaxy Tab A for her, but she uses two different banking apps, and it has KNOX on it.
I believe one won't function with root, and I suspect the other won't work with KNOX at 0x1 -- so I think it might be a no-go.

If I install Lineage via twrp that will definitely trip KNOX to 0x1.
If I install it via Flashfire I need root first. Then the flashing of the rom itself won't trip KNOX but the fact that the rom has a custom and not stock kernel will.
I could unroot after that I guess, but that still leaves KNOX tripped and at least one banking app not working, and who knows what else.

Or maybe I'm getting this all wrong?
Any advice would be much appreciated!
@virsys

layman22

Aug 3, 2015
@virsys
Did you provid us with a new crdroid 10 or LOS 10 update ?
THX for all oft your work in this Tab.

Anyone??

I'm trying to help a friend out by updating her Galaxy Tab A for her, but she uses two different banking apps, and it has KNOX on it.
I believe one won't function with root, and I suspect the other won't work with KNOX at 0x1 -- so I think it might be a no-go.

If I install Lineage via twrp that will definitely trip KNOX to 0x1.
If I install it via Flashfire I need root first. Then the flashing of the rom itself won't trip KNOX but the fact that the rom has a custom and not stock kernel will.
I could unroot after that I guess, but that still leaves KNOX tripped and at least one banking app not working, and who knows what else.

Or maybe I'm getting this all wrong?
Any advice would be much appreciated!
@virsys

I think with root and magisk/magisk hide option you can use any banking apps...

Aug 3, 2020
Berlin
I think with root and magisk/magisk hide option you can use any banking apps...

yeah though root in itself isn't really the issue, magisk can't hide the fact that KNOX will have been tripped by flashing by a custom rom via a root-enabled flashing app.
so that still puts me back in square one with no way to update this tablet higher than Android 7.1 without the issues I described above :(
Thanks though!

layman22

Aug 3, 2015
yeah though root in itself isn't really the issue, magisk can't hide the fact that KNOX will have been tripped by flashing by a custom rom via a root-enabled flashing app.
so that still puts me back in square one with no way to update this tablet higher than Android 7.1 without the issues I described above :(
Thanks though!

if that banking app needs the existence of knox, you don't have any chance...

beankylla

Oct 29, 2020
New builds are uploaded to my AFH account, you can download the gt510wifi variant
and a gt510lte test branch build

Android 10 still requires more work, it is quite time consuming to collect and try patches on a chipset other developers are no longer working on at least for samsung.

Hello Virsys,

Thanks a lot for your work it's awesome!

The link for the 510lte on androidhost does not find any mirrors.

is there any way to get this file from somewhere else? (i can host it for you if needed)

Thanks and have a great day!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage OS 16.0 for the SM-T550 is here!

This is an early stage alpha build; not all features are working well at the moment.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */
    In the beginning I would like to thank:
    Lineage OS team,
    Contributors:
    deadman96385
    MSM8916 team
    elginsk8r

Instructions
    It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.
    How to flash:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    6. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    7. Reboot your device.

Reporting bugs:
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
    Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Issues
    - SELinux permissive
    - encryption
    - audio through speakers is broken, headsets and bluetooth audio works
    Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284367

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS for the SM-T550, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
    virsys, @deadman96385, @Galaxy-MSM8916 team, @elginsk8r worked on the device trees
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-11-06
    Last Updated 2018-11-16
    Just wanted to give a quick update: I'll push a new build with the September security patch as soon as the Lineage OS team has implemented them. Android Q will launch soon. I don't know whether our beloved device from mid 2015 will be able to run this version of Android without major bugs. Maybe we have to move to the GO-version of Android. When I'm unable to get that working I'll continue to push builds for Android P and attempt again to fix some of the known bugs. I'm doing this for fun and I don't have a lot of expertise, so don't expect that we'll outrun all other devices on our way to Lineage OS 17. The vendor files are very old, too. That won't make things easier. I estimate that the first Android Q alpha builds will start in the late fourth quarter of 2019. I will create a thread here, when I think that all major problems are eliminated. I will keep you up to date :)
    New builds are uploaded to my AFH account, you can download the gt510wifi variant
    here
    and a gt510lte test branch build
    here

Android 10 still requires more work, it is quite time consuming to collect and try patches on a chipset other developers are no longer working on at least for samsung.
    Are there plans to generate a new one with new security patch? thank you :)

Here you go: https://sourceforge.net/projects/virsys-android/files/gt510wifi/LineageOS/

Made the switch to sourceforge because some of you were having difficulties downloading the latest AFH releases. I have some good news, finally I got Android 10 running on the SM-T550! There are audio as well as camera issues right now and I need to merge the recent local changes with my GitHub though. For the interested ones of you there will be a new thread with the alpha Android 10 builds soon. The new builds will be crDroid which is based on LineageOS. In case you do not like the new system let me know, it is no big deal for me to use the device tree in pure LineageOS as well. Will keep you posted. Stay healthy and don't get infected with the corona virus <3
    I moved to another machine and have not set up the build environment there. Family is important at christmas, so I expect a new build between 26 and 30 of December. Have some nice holidays! :)