[SM-T550][LineageOS][Unofficial][Android Pie] Galaxy Tab A 9.7

Do you prefer LineageOS or crDroid for Android 10?

• LineageOS

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • crDroid

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

virsys

Jan 8, 2018
Brussels, Server Rack 42
Lineage OS 16.0 for the SM-T550 is here!

This is an early stage alpha build; not all features are working well at the moment.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */
In the beginning I would like to thank:
Lineage OS team,
Contributors:
deadman96385
MSM8916 team
elginsk8r

Instructions
It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.
How to flash:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
6. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
7. Reboot your device.

Reporting bugs:
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Issues
- SELinux permissive
- encryption
- audio through speakers is broken, headsets and bluetooth audio works
Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284367

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS for the SM-T550, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
virsys, @deadman96385, @Galaxy-MSM8916 team, @elginsk8r worked on the device trees
Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-11-06
Last Updated 2018-11-16

Last edited:

Kawakigachi

May 18, 2018
Águeda
My model: SM-T550

Thank you for downloading! I am going to test about LineageOS 16, if I have problem? I will talk with you. ?

Well, I like new ROM Pie.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I have one problem. Please read here:

I did make to flash ROM and GApps, but... Error

Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Warming: No file_contexts
E3004: This package is for device: gt510wifi,gt510wifixx,SM-T550; this device is.
E: unknow command [log]
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
Updating partition details....
.... Done

How do I do? I'm waiting your answer! Thanks for test!

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Thank you for downloading! I am going to test about LineageOS 16, if I have problem? I will talk with you.

Well, I like new ROM Pie.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Checking for MD5 file...
E3004: This package is for device: gt510wifi,gt510wifixx,SM-T550; this device is.
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
.... Done

I can say it possibly a bad download or something on your end I flashed this last night with very few issues I have not used LOS in a long time but I was impressed

DJCodeBlue

Sep 5, 2011
For some odd reason it's not working for me. At first it gave me Error 7 code telling me that my device isn't a T550. Then I manually removed the "assert" check lines from the ZIP file to force the install without a device check. It installed. But I can't boot into the OS. It just kicks me back to TWRP every time.

Never mind, after trying once more, it finally worked.

Last edited:

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
For some odd reason it's not working for me. At first it gave me Error 7 code telling me that my device isn't a T550. Then I manually removed the "assert" check lines from the ZIP file to force the install without a device check. It installed. But I can't boot into the OS. It just kicks me back to TWRP every time.

Never mind, after trying once more, it finally worked.

Hey does this lag like crazy for you
even setup took me forever to get passed I normally let a new flash sit around for about a hour to the the system calm down still real laggish

DJCodeBlue

Sep 5, 2011
Hey does this lag like crazy for you
even setup took me forever to get passed I normally let a new flash sit around for about a hour to the the system calm down still real laggish

It wasn't that bad actually, it seemed to settle in for me. But I switched back to an Oreo rom for the time being for the bugs to get ironed out. Now I'm dealing with a super sluggish ROM lol. Do you have any recommendations for a good Oreo debloated ROM that performs great on the T550?

Reactions: TheMadScientist

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
It wasn't that bad actually, it seemed to settle in for me. But I switched back to an Oreo rom for the time being for the bugs to get ironed out. Now I'm dealing with a super sluggish ROM lol. Do you have any recommendations for a good Oreo debloated ROM that performs great on the T550?

Not oreo im trying to find anything that dont lag now
I ended flashing stock nougat and rooting it...
Been working on that....
I got so used to my s8 This tablet seems kinda slow lol:p:p:p I tried another rom I think that jazz rom but about the same lag and I couldnt remove home screen icons without uninstalling them the little popup menu wouldnt work

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

I still have expectations for this old tablet without any doubts there are a few of us out here with the 550 so we can band together and get something going I just got mine so Im stuck with the device for a while

virsys

Jan 8, 2018
Brussels, Server Rack 42
Switched from a S8 to this tablet, that's real fortitude .. May I ask why you did this? The tablet is already antique. This is called a feature for slowing movement. Audio is working now, I will upload a new build tomorrow. I was able to install gapps without any problem and I don't feel like the device is "laggy as hell". Make sure to select Android 9 and ARM at opengapps.org, I choose always pico there and have no issues.

Kawakigachi

May 18, 2018
Águeda
Switched from a S8 to this tablet, that's real fortitude .. May I ask why you did this? The tablet is already antique. This is called a feature for slowing movement. Audio is working now, I will upload a new build tomorrow. I was able to install gapps without any problem and I don't feel like the device is "laggy as hell". Make sure to select Android 9 and ARM at opengapps.org, I choose always pico there and have no issues.

Checking for MD5 file...
.... Done

Kawakigachi

May 18, 2018
Águeda
Nice! Good News! LineageOS 16

Sometimes that issue is caused by TWRP. It means that TWRP fails to get the device model, which is required for new install scripts. Consider updating TWRP.

Thanks for help us! Now, my tablet works. Ready, I test all in my tablet. Wow! It's very great apps or boot, all.... I really love in your new ROM LineageOS 16. If you tell me about the Audio doesn't working"? No problem.... I am using "headsets and bluetooth audio works", its better . ????

Thank you for great ROM LineageOS 16. I give you "Rating: 100% or 5 Star" I'm waiting in your answer! ;)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dfg30988

May 30, 2016
Sm-T555 please

Please make build for T555 (I tried to edit it, but then the animation doesn’t start up )
Put your aicp 13.1, which you did not even publish here, but there are two errors: the camera does not work, and there is no sound except vibro

virsys

Jan 8, 2018
Brussels, Server Rack 42
Please make build for T555 (I tried to edit it, but then the animation doesn’t start up )
Put your aicp 13.1, which you did not even publish here, but there are two errors: the camera does not work, and there is no sound except vibro
I don't even get why you are trying to point the finger at me because of this. Trying to edit compiled builds is very dumb. Go ahead and compile it from scratch. I don't own a SM-T555 -> I can't test my builds properly. The result is a half-broken always-alpha build like the one on my afh account. That's the reason why there is no thread. Feel free to donate me that tablet, maybe I find some time to build it then for you.

I've updated the SM-T550 build now btw, audio is working now. I've tested the gapps-setup, too. It took me 30 seconds to get through. The device was fully wiped, maybe that's the reason for the speed..

Reactions: TheMadScientist

crazyfuffi

Oct 6, 2013
Everything I need works fine

I just started thinking about using my old Samsung Tablet again as a remote.

When I saw that there is a LineageOS build available I just installed it.

Everything I need to use my tablet as a remote works perfectly fine and way better and faster than with the crappy touchwiz on our device.
Installation was done in 15 minutes or even less.

Thank you very much for your efforts!

layman22

Aug 3, 2015
Waiting for the stable version for this...
Thanks Virsys to keep alive this fossile :D

Last edited:

virsys

Jan 8, 2018
Brussels, Server Rack 42
Waiting for the stable version for this...
Thanks Virsys to keep alive this fossile :D
Good morning layman,
the version is quite stable actually. The only things missing are SELinux and the encryption/decryption of the internal storage does not work. May I ask you for the build number of the original operating system made by Samsung? These builds are for the SM-T550/gt510wifi/Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 WiFi only. Have you enabled OEM unlocking in the developer options if there is this option?

layman22

Aug 3, 2015
Good morning layman,
the version is quite stable actually. The only things missing are SELinux and the encryption/decryption of the internal storage does not work. May I ask you for the build number of the original operating system made by Samsung? These builds are for the SM-T550/gt510wifi/Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 WiFi only. Have you enabled OEM unlocking in the developer options if there is this option?

Dear Virsys, now I'm using your Oreo AICP build, so I can't tell you the original Samsung os's build number unfortunately...
But it was crap with full of needless ****s :laugh:
Than now I'll test this Pie build soon!
Thanks for your reply and have a nice day! ;)

Last edited:

DazzaHoy

Jun 11, 2018
My model: SM-T550

Just tried to flash and when it starts i get
Android System
There,s an internal problem with your device . Contact your manufacture for details.

When i start to setup if i skip wifi setup all goes fine but if i sign into wifi i get setup has stopped , other than that all else works great.

virsys

Jan 8, 2018
Brussels, Server Rack 42
It's still an alpha version and it will stay alpha until LineageOS 16.0 is officially released. To minimize the bugs avoid dirty flashing and restoring apps with titanium backup. Use ARM Pie gapps from opengapps.org, I recommend using nano or pico.

Reactions: DazzaHoy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage OS 16.0 for the SM-T550 is here!

This is an early stage alpha build; not all features are working well at the moment.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */
    In the beginning I would like to thank:
    Lineage OS team,
    Contributors:
    deadman96385
    MSM8916 team
    elginsk8r

Instructions
    It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.
    How to flash:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    6. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    7. Reboot your device.

Reporting bugs:
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
    Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Issues
    - SELinux permissive
    - encryption
    - audio through speakers is broken, headsets and bluetooth audio works
    Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284367

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS for the SM-T550, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
    virsys, @deadman96385, @Galaxy-MSM8916 team, @elginsk8r worked on the device trees
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-11-06
    Last Updated 2018-11-16
    Just wanted to give a quick update: I'll push a new build with the September security patch as soon as the Lineage OS team has implemented them. Android Q will launch soon. I don't know whether our beloved device from mid 2015 will be able to run this version of Android without major bugs. Maybe we have to move to the GO-version of Android. When I'm unable to get that working I'll continue to push builds for Android P and attempt again to fix some of the known bugs. I'm doing this for fun and I don't have a lot of expertise, so don't expect that we'll outrun all other devices on our way to Lineage OS 17. The vendor files are very old, too. That won't make things easier. I estimate that the first Android Q alpha builds will start in the late fourth quarter of 2019. I will create a thread here, when I think that all major problems are eliminated. I will keep you up to date :)
    New builds are uploaded to my AFH account, you can download the gt510wifi variant
    here
    and a gt510lte test branch build
    here

Android 10 still requires more work, it is quite time consuming to collect and try patches on a chipset other developers are no longer working on at least for samsung.
    Are there plans to generate a new one with new security patch? thank you :)

Here you go: https://sourceforge.net/projects/virsys-android/files/gt510wifi/LineageOS/

Made the switch to sourceforge because some of you were having difficulties downloading the latest AFH releases. I have some good news, finally I got Android 10 running on the SM-T550! There are audio as well as camera issues right now and I need to merge the recent local changes with my GitHub though. For the interested ones of you there will be a new thread with the alpha Android 10 builds soon. The new builds will be crDroid which is based on LineageOS. In case you do not like the new system let me know, it is no big deal for me to use the device tree in pure LineageOS as well. Will keep you posted. Stay healthy and don't get infected with the corona virus <3
    I moved to another machine and have not set up the build environment there. Family is important at christmas, so I expect a new build between 26 and 30 of December. Have some nice holidays! :)