• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

SM-T700 Tab S Definitive Rom NF9 Aroma De-Bloated De-Knoxed Rooted Deodexed Modded

Search This thread

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Havasu
SM-T700 Tab S Definitive Rom Based off my NF9 Rom Now with Aroma Installer to choose your apps. De-Bloated De-Knoxed Rooted Deodexed Modded V1.03

This will be an ongoing project and I expect to have Aroma, Rom Control and all the goodies soon.

Features:
•Base: Official Samsung US based T700XXU1ANF9 for Tab S (8.4" WiFi)
•Native WiFi
•Rooted
•De-Odex'ed for easy theme'ing and mod'ding
•BusyBox
•ZipAlign'ed
•Init.d Support
•build.prop mods
•De-Knoxed
•4 Way Extended Power Menu
•Sd Card Kit Kat Fix
•Disable ASEC (Forward locked packages)
•SD Card Notification Removed

ALWAYS ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM.

Install Instructions
•Copy to device
•Wipe for Fresh Install or at least wipe dalvik Cache and Cache. I did a dirty install with no issues. LOL
•Flash it in TWRP recovery
•Please report bugs in this OP for the T700 US Variant ONLY!!!

DOWNLOADS:

EMSpilot

SM-T700 Tab S Definitive Rom Aroma V1.0.3

Change Log 1.0.3: SD Card Notification Removed.

SM-T700 Tab S Definitive Rom Aroma V1.0.2

Change Log 1.0.2: Added Aroma Installer

SM-T700 Tab S Definitive Rom V1.0.1

Last edited:

HazyJMac

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks much.. Will give it a run tonight!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

pinoy_ako07

Jan 30, 2010
Great work. Looking forward to trying this. One question, how do you install the rom using twrp. When i try to install it, it wants to reboot into stock recovery mode and nothing happens. Need help please. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Havasu
install

Great work. Looking forward to trying this. One question, how do you install the rom using twrp. When i try to install it, it wants to reboot into stock recovery mode and nothing happens. Need help please. Thanks

Copy Rom zip to SD Card then simply boot into recovery IE: TWRP, touch install, find Rom zip, select it then swipe to confirm.

Thanks

pinoy_ako07

Jan 30, 2010
Copy Rom zip to SD Card then simply boot into recovery IE: TWRP, touch install, find Rom zip, select it then swipe to confirm.

Thanks

How do i boot into TWRP recovery? I may not have that install. Ive only install TWRP manager

EDIT: When i go into twrp and at the side click on Install TWRP and under install - install recovery is it greyed out. I dont know why

EDIT: Worked it out. I have to select my device

Last edited:

ssuper2k

Mar 16, 2011
I installed this one yesterday, first without wiping data partition(only dalvin&cache), and it worked, but had issues with xposed framework

- Then cleaned data, cache, dalvin, and re-installed, without any youtube, etc.. and first logon screen would crash..

-Cleaned the 3 again, and installed with google apps.., then I could login with no problem..

Now it's working fine, I just debloated it a little more..

Installed root Uninstaller and Disabled all this:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ant Hal Service
Ant Radio Service
Ant+ Plugins
BandService (no LTE!)
Bluetooth share
Business card recognition
com.samsumg.android,sdk.openv10
com.samsumg.android,app.vfdbroker
Contacts (it's not a phone!)
Contacts Storage
DiagMonAgent
Fingerprints (it's crap.. doesn't work as it should)
Google Backup Transport
Google Calendar sync
Google Contacts sync
Google Partner setup
Google text-to-speech Engine
Internet (I use Chrome)
Market Feedback Agent
My Magazine - Here & Now
MyScript Resource Manager
Papergarden
Papergarden Widget
Personal Page Service
Photo Screensavers
Print Spooler (who's printing from the Tab?)
Quick Connect
Quick Connect Interaction Service
Sfinder
Samsung Billing
Samsung Context Agent
Samsung Link Platform Connectivity
Samsung setup wizard
SapaMonitor
Shot & More
Studio
Travel wallpaper

Not sure if any of these will block me from some function, but as of now, it works everything I need.
-

Advanced Task Manager Pro, now shows up to 1720MB free

I like that you removed the SD Card insertion message at start.

I removed with Xposed G-Touchwiz, the S-Finder & Q-Connect buttons from drop-down menu

Aroma installer looks great.

Thanks!!

campbellc1052

Feb 11, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks, was on your stock release then saw you released this. Is this ROM a port from the Tab Pro Gigawatts ROM, or did you just use the AROMA from it. The installer said Your Gigawatts Pro(tm) Installation.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Advanced Task Manager Pro, now shows up to 1720MB free

I like that you removed the SD Card insertion message at start.

I removed with Xposed G-Touchwiz, the S-Finder & Q-Connect buttons from drop-down menu

Aroma installer looks great.

Thanks!!

The SD Card insertion message is still there for me????? Was that an option I missed in AROMA?

InfiniteNomad

Apr 6, 2011
Rom is running great, but I seem to have lost root... Superuser is requiring a SU Binary? Do I need to reroot? And how would I access TWRP? I seem to remember a similar issue with Samsung OG Note and a Cyanogenmod Rom, but can't remember what fix was.

Attachments

• 1407537637967.jpg
    1407537637967.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 688

Kholargol

Feb 15, 2008
Paris
Aroma didn't worked for me. Tried ro
1.02 and bloatwares are here as apps that I chose not to install in Aroma. I did a full wipe. No extended 4menu either.

Last edited:

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Havasu
Root is no problem here

Rom is running great, but I seem to have lost root... Superuser is requiring a SU Binary? Do I need to reroot? And how would I access TWRP? I seem to remember a similar issue with Samsung OG Note and a Cyanogenmod Rom, but can't remember what fix was.

Root works fine here. I even tested with root explorer. Are you flashing this on a T700 US variant?

Thanks

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Havasu
Works perfect here

Aroma didn't worked for me. Tried ro
1.02 and bloatwares are here as apps that I chose not to install in Aroma. I did a full wipe. No extended 4menu either.

I just flashed it again to verify and everything works perfect!!! Root, 4 way Extended Power Menu and Aroma. Are you flashing this on a T700 US variant?

Thanks

Last edited:

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Havasu
SD Card inserted

Thanks, was on your stock release then saw you released this. Is this ROM a port from the Tab Pro Gigawatts ROM, or did you just use the AROMA from it. The installer said Your Gigawatts Pro(tm) Installation.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

The SD Card insertion message is still there for me????? Was that an option I missed in AROMA?

No I do not have an option to disable this notification yet!!!!!

Thanks

Reactions: campbellc1052

Kholargol

Feb 15, 2008
Paris
I just flashed it again to verify and everything works perfect!!! Root, 4 way Extended Power Menu and Aroma. Are you flashing this on a T700 US variant?

Thanks

No, on a french one. I tried a second time and it did again. Everybody is in da place, Samsung apps, bloatware and unchecked Google apps ! No new reboot menu either but root is ok.
I saved Aroma logs this time but it was useless as the log file is empty.

It means this Rom is only for US ? I chose french language at the install and now my Samsung keyboard is Canadian French, not french (not important as I use Swiftkey)

But I have some french bloatwares !

Last edited:

ssuper2k

Mar 16, 2011
No, on a french one. I tried a second time and it did again. Everybody is in da place, Samsung apps, bloatware and unchecked Google apps ! No new reboot menu either but root is ok.
I saved Aroma logs this time but it was useless as the log file is empty.

It means this Rom is only for US ? I chose french language at the install and now my Samsung keyboard is Canadian French, not french (not important as I use Swiftkey)

But I have some french bloatwares !
my T700 has been bought in Spain and aroma installer worked well.
I chose Eng lang but Es keyb

I just think rom could have got rid of more samsung garbage as the list I mentioned in my earlier post.

campbellc1052

Feb 11, 2012
North Carolina
I thought the exynos 5420 does not support HMP and this can therfore not simply enabled by a software hack.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

From what I have gathered from my research on it is that it is possible just not on this kernel source. With a competent enough kernel dev I'm pretty sure we can have it, now do we want it is the real question, if it's possible why did Samsung not enable it? Maybe heat or power consumption?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SM-T700 Tab S Definitive Rom Based off my NF9 Rom Now with Aroma Installer to choose your apps. De-Bloated De-Knoxed Rooted Deodexed Modded V1.03

This will be an ongoing project and I expect to have Aroma, Rom Control and all the goodies soon.

Features:
    •Base: Official Samsung US based T700XXU1ANF9 for Tab S (8.4" WiFi)
    •Native WiFi
    •Rooted
    •De-Odex'ed for easy theme'ing and mod'ding
    •BusyBox
    •ZipAlign'ed
    •Init.d Support
    •build.prop mods
    •De-Knoxed
    •4 Way Extended Power Menu
    •Sd Card Kit Kat Fix
    •Disable ASEC (Forward locked packages)
    •SD Card Notification Removed

ALWAYS ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM.

Install Instructions
    •Copy to device
    •Wipe for Fresh Install or at least wipe dalvik Cache and Cache. I did a dirty install with no issues. LOL
    •Flash it in TWRP recovery
    •Please report bugs in this OP for the T700 US Variant ONLY!!!

DOWNLOADS:

EMSpilot

SM-T700 Tab S Definitive Rom Aroma V1.0.3

Change Log 1.0.3: SD Card Notification Removed.

SM-T700 Tab S Definitive Rom Aroma V1.0.2

Change Log 1.0.2: Added Aroma Installer

SM-T700 Tab S Definitive Rom V1.0.1
    Same thing happened for me. Hoping for a fix in the future.

I solved this by doing a full wipe, flashing the latest ANF9 firmware from www.sammobile.com, rooting, flashing recovery, then flashing this rom over top. Only way I could get Samsung Account and bookmark syncing.
    Awesome. Great to see this sir

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    install

Thanks
    Okay well I figured out the Calendar issue, had to select the Samsung calendar in AROMA, the system wouldn't even give me an option to sync the calendar under accounts>Google, which I find unusual.

But now another issue, the print spooler service doesn't work on the debloated ROM, I installed the removed system apps zip @EMSpilot posted in the stock thread and the printing works fine, I narrowed it down and figured out that it is the Mobile Print 4.0 (MobilePrint4.apk) app that is required.

So my conclusion is that MobilePrint4.apk must be installed for printing to function and the Samsung Calendar must be checked in the AROMA installer for calendar sync to work.