[SM-T830][ODIN] Stock firmware collection for Galaxy Tab S4 Wi-Fi

Search This thread

tomiga

Jul 7, 2012
Phoenix
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that you decide to do with these stock firmware images and I will not be held liable if it breaks your device. Use at your own risk. Mirroring these images is encouraged.
Since this is stock firmware, it should not trip KNOX, but if it does, I will not be held responsible.

With all that out of the way...
This is for the Galaxy Tab S4, Wi-Fi only model (SM-T830). I'm posting this so that others don't have to deal with the "pay to access" or "limited speed" firmware download sites. If any new firmware updates come out, I'll post them if I have the time to do so. You will need ODIN v3.13.1 or later to flash this.

ARH1 (XSG), July 2018 Security Patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MxUe1eHBJVaLc7dTHx6Q6dZWuUa1TCnr/view?usp=sharing

ARH5 (XEF):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1reL17q008vF2ktHUd_TbnL0lPMOQeiGU/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

dabata

Dec 3, 2010
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that you decide to do with these stock firmware images and I will not be held liable if it breaks your device. Use at your own risk. Mirroring these images is encouraged.
Since this is stock firmware, it should not trip KNOX, but if it does, I will not be held responsible.

This is for the Galaxy Tab S4, Wi-Fi only model (SM-T830). I'm posting this so that others don't have to deal with the "pay to access" or "limited speed" firmware download sites. If any new firmware updates come out, I'll post them if I have the time to do so. You will need ODIN v3.13.1 or later to flash this.

ARH1, July 2018 Security Patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MxUe1eHBJVaLc7dTHx6Q6dZWuUa1TCnr/view?usp=sharing

ARH5, August 2018 Security Patch:
[will be uploaded soon]

Hi there, I'm really struggling to get the Tab S4 into download mode - any suggestions? Power button and volume down doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
I am curious about somehting - forgive me if this is a dumb quesiton - but the US Varient is for XAR Region - is there any difference between XAR and the other Varients BTU - or XEU (United Kingdom) ?

I guess I am asking is it ok to flash one of those on the XAR Varient? the other varients (BTU, XEF, etc) have later build dates and different change logs but I wasn't sure if they were different in other ways - Can we flash other varients on the US Version or do we need to stick with XAR ?

dabata

Dec 3, 2010
I can't remember exactly but I want to say you have to hold down volume up and down, and power. Pretty much all 3 buttons on the device.

Thanks for your reply that combo didn't work - but what did work was making sure tab was off, then hold down volume up and volume down buttons together and then plug in USB cable - and then it goes straight into download mode.
Cheers

betovanbuuren

Apr 22, 2011
Guadalajara

ARH1 (XSG), July 2018 Security Patch:

ARH5 (XEF), August(?) 2018 Security Patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1reL17q008vF2ktHUd_TbnL0lPMOQeiGU/view?usp=sharing

Does any one have flashed this and confirmed the XEF one is on August security patch? since reviewing on Samfirmware there are a lot of ARH5 builds but all of them have June Patch

undertaker2k14

Nov 26, 2014
San Francisco, CA
ARH5 is def. June patch. Loaded the BTU version onto mine today (since UK gets earliest updates) and still June. I very much doubt that ARH1 is on July patch and I am positive all ARH5 builds are on the June patch. A higher build number in the same series indicates a higher patch level not lower so it would be really strange if ARH1 is July and ARH5 is June. (unless Samsung has totally lost their s**t with version control). As long as the PDA is the same it should all be the same base code and Android security patch regardless of CSC. AFAIK the CSC only governs the localized software and some features like which wifi channels are enabled to be in compliance with local regulations. Hopefully they release the BTU Aug/Sept patch soon.

Last edited:

tomiga

Jul 7, 2012
Phoenix
ARH5 is def. June patch. Loaded the BTU version onto mine today (since UK gets earliest updates) and still June. I very much doubt that ARH1 is on July patch and I am positive all ARH5 builds are on the June patch. A higher build number in the same series indicates a higher patch level not lower so it would be really strange if ARH1 is July and ARH5 is June. (unless Samsung has totally lost their s**t with version control). As long as the PDA is the same it should all be the same base code and Android security patch regardless of CSC. AFAIK the CSC only governs the localized software and some features like which wifi channels are enabled to be in compliance with local regulations. Hopefully they release the BTU Aug/Sept patch soon.

ARH1 is definitely July. That's what I put on my S4. Wasn't sure about ARH5 because I didn't flash that one to my S4. Honestly I'm just waiting for someone to port TWRP so that I can install an AOSP GSI.

Last edited:

tomiga

Jul 7, 2012
Phoenix
My S4 (PHN CSC) came with ARH1 and this was the June security update. After an OTA update, it's now running ARH5, which is still the June update.

Sent from my SM-G965F using XDA Labs

Really odd. My XSG CSC Tab S4 (originally was XAR) is on July with ARH1. It's like Samsung is releasing different builds with different security patch levels and the same build number, making this really confusing.

RockwellB1

Nov 30, 2013
Ohio
Could someone be so kind as to upload just the build.prop file? I changed some stuff in mine and stupidly forgot to back it up. I checked the files in the zips of the OP post and couldn't find it anywhere. If I stupidly overlooked it just let me know. Thanks!

Nevermind, found what I was looking for.

Last edited:

Reuben_skelz92

Feb 20, 2016
OPPO Find X5 Pro

corwin_amber

Dec 11, 2011
Hi,

I am having a T835, but the question remains. I am fairly expierenced with odin-flashing S8+, Note 8, S9+. I know, that as long as you stay in the same multi-CSC (OXM in my case as DBT), one can simply flash firmwares within the same multi-CSC.
Regarding to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-tab-s4/SM-T835/, there is a newer INS Firmware. But it seems to be a different multi-CSC (ODM?) with the tablets, different to the phones. Is that assumption true? If this is the case, I also assume, that I should not flash it, in case I want to stay on OXM. All correct?

Thanks a lot,
Corwin

undertaker2k14

Nov 26, 2014
San Francisco, CA
I have not rooted anything in a long time since there is barely any reason to and the only issue I have ever had with different countries' CSCs on my Tab S2/S3/S4 is some wifi 5 Ghz bands not working because they are restricted by country. The latest Argentina/Peru one I linked to above does not have that issue and is good to go.

Top Liked Posts