SM T865 - T860 One UI 3.1 Android 11 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
No, no root or unlock. Just a stock device. I did disable some apps, but nothing of importance.
Oh, and i have the 8gb ram version of the t860 tablet.
Tried proxying through germany, didnt help. Still on September patch

You can now flash the january 2021 security update with PC Odin and selecting the HOME_CSC so it shouldn't change your CSC.

I downloaded the German version (DBT) and I flashed it on my french tab S6 (XEF) and it works fine.

On the other side, I bought a 512 GB Galaxy Note 9 from Hong-Kong but this phone came from Telstra (Australia) so I changed the CSC to XEF to be sure I have no trouble... :p ;)

meduza

May 27, 2012
Tab S7+ just gut his update to android 11, earlier then in the samsung members app announced. So maybe we will get ours earlier, before Mai, too ... .
m.

Reactions: costinhas

Evil_Smiley_za

Aug 5, 2015
Waterfall

meduza

May 27, 2012
@Evil_Smiley_za ,

thanks a lot for the info !! I just checked and it came over OTA :)

I`ll install it and finally adjust the thread title today late evening!

m.

Screenshot_20210303-101022_Software update.jpg

Evil_Smiley_za

Aug 5, 2015
Waterfall
... seems to be the exact opposite like the last update (January security patch), it was on Sammobile.com but not available via OTA first ...
m.

Only Samsung Firmware Dowloader sees the new update. But as you can see we can not download it yet. Gives a bad return 400 error. Probably still uploading to the server
A11Oui3.1.PNG
A11Oui3.1.PNG

meduza

May 27, 2012
I hope so ... . Because I saw in the particular thread there seem to be problems regarding Frija downloading android 11 FW.
m.

meduza

May 27, 2012
So, thread title and OP are updated :) (The link to changelog will follow when it's available on the official page. )

First impression: fast, smooth, responsive :) Even opening the pages in Chrome and downloads seamed to be somehow faster ... .

The recent apps screen is horrible now and TaskChanger isn't working with android 11. It looks like it's functions were moved to HomeUp but not working (yet?) :-( But we finally (!) have this simple but very nice function (when using HomeUp) of endless scrolling the home screen :) So we don't have to scroll back from left to right or the revers way.

m.

Screenshot_20210303-210643_One UI Home.jpg

Last edited:

Evil_Smiley_za

Aug 5, 2015
Waterfall
So, thread title and OP are updated :) (The link to changelog will follow when it's available on the official page. )

First impression: fast, smooth, responsive :) Even opening the pages in Chrome and downloads seamed to be somehow faster ... .

The recent apps screen is horrible now and TaskChanger isn't working with android 11. It looks like it's functions were moved to HomeUp but not working (yet?) :-( But we finally (!) have this simple but very nice function (when using HomeUp) of endless scrolling the home screen :) So we don't have to scroll back from left to right or the revers way.

m.

View attachment 5239037
Yea.PNG

And finally it is downloadable......

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com

so it's good enough? was thinking about updating to android 10 these days (yes i am still on pie, t860) before i saw this android 11 update. any performance issues like those reported by android 11 users?

Last edited:

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
You can now flash the january 2021 security update with PC Odin and selecting the HOME_CSC so it shouldn't change your CSC.

I downloaded the German version (DBT) and I flashed it on my french tab S6 (XEF) and it works fine.

On the other side, I bought a 512 GB Galaxy Note 9 from Hong-Kong but this phone came from Telstra (Australia) so I changed the CSC to XEF to be sure I have no trouble... :p ;)

off topic but funny, officially we only have n9600 here in hk (with snapdragon), so it must be from an international trader, although i bought a n960f too, very rare here

meduza

May 27, 2012
so it's good enough? was thinking about updating to android 10 these days (yes i am still on pie, t860) before i saw this android 11 update. any performance issues like those reported by android 11 users?

What kind of performance issues ... ? Actually the opposite is the case, the tab is just flying :)

But I start to ask my self where the second screen option is ... ? Or is it available on tab s7 only?!? I mean, tab as second display for PC.

m.

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
What kind of performance issues ... ? Actually the opposite is the case, the tab is just flying :)

But I start to ask my self where the second screen option is ... ? Or is it available on tab s7 only?!? I mean, tab as second display for PC.

m.

that's great. some ppl claimed the update was laggy

for the second screen thing, sorry, no idea at all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Go get it here.....
    Hey Evil Smiley..

That firmware issue was ages ago😉. The tab was so new and pre-ordered.No firmware for XSA was around at the time. Tab sold and long gone now 😀No more firmware issues 🤣🤣🤣
    Someone with android 11 can enter in recovery mode? I tried any combination of key with end without earphones.. nothing
    ... not to forget the second screen option :-(
    m.

Go get it here.....

Sorry for the delay. Long time since I visited the site. Was out for work. Happy you got your issues resolved. Why sell the Tab? I just love mine with the One UI3.1........
    Sold it, to upgrade to the S7+ 5G 😉
    I never rooted the S6. I rooted the hell out of my original Tab S that I used for about six years. They send the new tablet and give you a couple of weeks to return the trade-in device. That way it gives you some time to decide to keep the new tablet or not. I've made several trades with my Galaxy phones over the years using the same method.
    How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
    I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
    I flashed with Odin normally, booted up to install Magisk Manager, patched the AP file in Magisk and flashed the magisk tar file on Odin(AP), did a factory reset afterwards and all worked out well.

I don't think TWRP works with One UI 3.1, though I haven't tried.

TWRP does work with Android 11 OneUI 3.1 but it's suck painful !!!

Watch out at my other post how I did it and with which version and as explained by Techguy777 You have to keep your Tab S6 hooked to a computer with the USB-C cable if Android 11 OneUI 3.1 is already installed, after you flash TWRP and reboot manually as explained in mentalmuso's thread.

Thanks to them both : Techguy777 and mentalmuso for the tip ! ;)
    Do you mean the official update to android 11?
    I don't believe it will come before next spring ... . Do you have any other official info??
    m.
    read this,
    which states may 2021. but plenty of time for further delays. samsung needs to cut the number of devices they make if they can not keep up with the software updates.
    Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
    Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
    m.
    It's strange they took vibration feedback out. Im pretty sure the tab s4 did. For me it's no biggie on a tablet but should be an option

... yeh man ... and that the volume keys don't rotate together with the tab`s orientation, it's for me the first time on my third tab (1: Packard Bell= acer a500 and 2: galaxy tab S).

AOD would be nice too. No idea why they not offering it on tablets ... .

In One UI I miss a lot the launcher option to scroll left or right from home screen in a circle, endless to say so.
    m.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone