SM T865 - T860 One UI 3.1 Android 11 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

Arobase40

• Nov 22, 2010
    ... whet update ? The last one CUC1?
    m.

Don't really understand your question and your surprise as CUC1 is indeed la latest update for the Tab S6 LTE and CUC2 (could be CUC1 depending of the countries) for some Tab S6 Wifi version as explained in my other thread about the April security update. For some unknown reasons this latest update doesn't appear on Sammobile website when it is available with Frija...

meduza

May 27, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Don't really understand your question and your surprise as CUC1 is indeed la latest update for the Tab S6 LTE and CUC2 (could be CUC1 depending of the countries) for some Tab S6 Wifi version as explained in my other thread about the April security update. For some unknown reasons this latest update doesn't appear on Sammobile website when it is available with Frija...
    ... my question was an expression of a surprise, becouse CUC1 is in deed the last update but a while ago already, so maybe there is a newer one that I don't know about and he might refering to it, that's all ...
    m.

Arobase40

• Nov 22, 2010
    ... my question was an expression of a surprise, becouse CUC1 is in deed the last update but a while ago already, so maybe there is a newer one that I don't know about and he might refering to it, that's all ...
    m.

When I answered to you at post #361, there was none for T865 but I check once again today and I discover a now update for this model T865 : may 2021 ???

It is not indicated/published on Sammobile but you can find it with Frida with CSC DBT

T865XXU4CUE1/T865OXM4CUE1/T865XXU4CUD1. ;)

This is a very important security update so flash it as soon as possible !

meduza

May 27, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    When I answered to you at post #361, there was none for T865 but I check once again today and I discover a now update for this model T865 : may 2021 ???

It is not indicated/published on Sammobile but you can find it with Frida with CSC DBT

T865XXU4CUE1/T865OXM4CUE1/T865XXU4CUD1. ;)

This is a very important security update so flash it as soon as possible !
    He, he, you see that's great !! Good that we talked abkut it :) Will wait for OTA, I think ... .
    m.

Arobase40

• Nov 22, 2010
    Reactions: costinhas

Arobase40

• Nov 22, 2010
    ... when it's really so urgent and important, Samsung should launch it via OTA immediately but it's either available via OTA nor visible on sammobile ... . So much the stranger it's available via Frija as @Arobase40 wrote ... . Isn't Frija using Samsung's server....??
    m.

Well, I don't work for Samsung and I don't really fully understand Samsung's update policy but you should know they have to manage hundred of different models so I guess they prioritize the latest models, then the models they sold the most and/or the most valuable and then... the rest...

Samsung's tablets have never been a great priority for Samsung and specially with the Wifi versions so you will also find some May 2021 security updates for the S7 LTE and S7+ LTE/5G when you will find none for the Wifi version.

On a second hand, the Galaxy S9 and other variants were supposed to passed as quarterly updates since Mars 2021 but they received the May 2021 security update when the Galaxy Note 9 doesn't have it yet !

For the Galaxy Tab S6 wifi or LTE I don't know who is in fault : Samsung or Sammobile but for the wifi version April 2021 update is still not visible on Sammobile and it's more or less the same problem with SamFrew with the exception of this May 2021 update with CSC DBT. But Samfrew is really not easy to understand and to manage to find the updates.

So my guess is that for some models Samsung releases latest updates only for one or two countries that some geeks and modders could catched and work on until the all updates are officially available for the rest of the world...

This is of course simple guesses and theories and it's possible that Frija is linked directly to Samsung's servers...

Samsung creates very good smartphones and tablets but their update policies are very terrible and a damned mess !!!

I really can't understand the need of Samsung to create an update per countries and not a universal or at least a regional one ???

meduza

May 27, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Here it is on Frija, still not on sammobile or OTA :-( Haven't check it on SmartSwitch though ... .
    m.

Attachments

• Screenshot (15).png
      Screenshot (15).png
      160.5 KB · Views: 21

Arobase40

• Nov 22, 2010
    Yup

This is exactly what I said and with exactly the same reference.

Looks like this time Germany (DBT) is the only country to receive this update as I tried XAR, ZHH, KOR, CHS, CHT, ENU and I simply receive an error message. Error 102 : unable to find firmware for xxx when I expected at least the previous firmware from April or March. I even tried with T865N but no way !

So I guess they have different model number when I thought there were only T860 and T865/T865N.

On a second hand don't you fell confident enough to flash a firmware with PC Odin ? ;)

meduza

May 27, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Yup

This is exactly what I said and with exactly the same reference.

Looks like this time Germany (DBT) is the only country to receive this update as I tried XAR, ZHH, KOR, CHS, CHT, ENU and I simply receive an error message. Error 102 : unable to find firmware for xxx when I expected at least the previous firmware from April or March. I even tried with T865N but no way !

So I guess they have different model number when I thought there were only T860 and T865/T865N.

On a second hand don't you fell confident enough to flash a firmware with PC Odin ? ;)
    :) oh no, that's definitely not a question of confidence or something similar :) Not after a decade full of experience :) I was lazy to use ODIN with tab S6, first becouse it is not rooted yet and second they made it a pain in the ass entering recovery or download mode now. I updated it once via SmartSwitch but then there is no entry in settings/software update about the last update, changes in it etc. ... . So I decided to wait a little longer for OTA this time.
    m.

Arobase40

• Nov 22, 2010
    :) oh no, that's definitely not a question of confidence or something similar :) Not after a decade full of experience :) I was lazy to use ODIN with tab S6, first becouse it is not rooted yet and second they made it a pain in the ass entering recovery or download mode now. I updated it once via SmartSwitch but then there is no entry in settings/software update about the last update, changes in it etc. ... . So I decided to wait a little longer for OTA this time.
    m.

I don't really understand what you're saying as PC Odin has actually nothing to do with root as long as you stick with official firmware ! This is the official software used by all official Samsung repair centers !

You don't need to access recovery mode and the Download mode is as usual : with your Tab off connect the cable first to your PC, then on your Tab S6 press both Volume plus and Volume down buttons all together and then plug the other part of the cable to your Tab and the Download mode will popup, then you may or may not press the Volume up button to confirm the Download mode (can't remember yet).
    This is the same procedure as before Android 11...

Then with PC Odin, you just have to fill up the BL, AP, CP and of course the HOME-CSC so nothing will be changed and it won't erase your data nor your settings.
    But if you prefer to wait after the OTA, it's up to you but you may have to wait for... some times ! ^^

meduza

May 27, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    I don't really understand what you're saying as PC Odin has actually nothing to do with root as long as you stick with official firmware ! This is the official software used by all official Samsung repair centers !

You don't need to access recovery mode and the Download mode is as usual : with your Tab off connect the cable first to your PC, then on your Tab S6 press both Volume plus and Volume down buttons all together and then plug the other part of the cable to your Tab and the Download mode will popup, then you may or may not press the Volume up button to confirm the Download mode (can't remember yet).
    This is the same procedure as before Android 11...

Then with PC Odin, you just have to fill up the BL, AP, CP and of course the HOME-CSC so nothing will be changed and it won't erase your data nor your settings.
    But if you prefer to wait after the OTA, it's up to you but you may have to wait for... some times ! ^^

... of course it doesn't have to do anything with root directly, that's right but with the DL or recovery mode cable procedure, it is just annoying since you have to plug in and press simultaneously. I hate them for changing it!
    m.

Arobase40

• Nov 22, 2010
    Yep, no obligations with a provider:)
    m.

I was simply inquiring if you are German resident with a German Galaxy Tab S6... :LOL:

Weird you didn't receive the May OTA yet.

Same problem with Galaxy Note 9 N960F (DBT), May 2021 security update available via frija but not documented nor visible on Sammobile... ^^

meduza

May 27, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    I was simply inquiring if you are German resident with a German Galaxy Tab S6... :LOL:

Weird you didn't receive the May OTA yet.

Same problem with Galaxy Note 9 N960F (DBT), May 2021 security update available via frija but not documented nor visible on Sammobile... ^^
    Exactly :) But the tab is Korean not German :)
    I think my mum's note 9 got an update recently ... .
    m.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Glad to hear m8 :)
      Still no OTA here .... .
      m.
      I've Just downloaded CUE1 (DBT) via OTA. S Pen to text finally available.
      SamDownloader shows UE2 with May patches for T860 is up at DBT (Germany), but it hasn't come to my region either.
      How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
      I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
      I flashed with Odin normally, booted up to install Magisk Manager, patched the AP file in Magisk and flashed the magisk tar file on Odin(AP), did a factory reset afterwards and all worked out well.

I don't think TWRP works with One UI 3.1, though I haven't tried.

TWRP does work with Android 11 OneUI 3.1 but it's suck painful !!!

Watch out at my other post how I did it and with which version and as explained by Techguy777 You have to keep your Tab S6 hooked to a computer with the USB-C cable if Android 11 OneUI 3.1 is already installed, after you flash TWRP and reboot manually as explained in mentalmuso's thread.

Thanks to them both : Techguy777 and mentalmuso for the tip ! ;)
      Do you mean the official update to android 11?
      I don't believe it will come before next spring ... . Do you have any other official info??
      m.
      read this,
      which states may 2021. but plenty of time for further delays. samsung needs to cut the number of devices they make if they can not keep up with the software updates.
      Clearly you did not think before posting this reply. Using a local sim in the local country on a LTE device will have zero consequences on charges no matter the CSC. The device supports most of the LTE frequencies and WiFi is either 2.4 or 5.8 GHz as those do not change around the world. Maybe just channel numbers within the band but the band stays the same. The only country's that might be a problem is Korea and USA. Maybe read the specks of the device before making your statements. The only things I might lose is VoLTE witch most of us do not use any way and that has to be supported by your SIM card. I changed CSC to DBT and can say that I have zero problems with my device. It work exactly as it did with the XFA firmware. The only differnce is I get faster updates. And as I do not wait for OTA updates I always keep my devices updated by flashing the new firmware with HOME_CSC. You cannot say it would not work or will have consequences as I can and will say I have done it without any issues. Let the user decide what he wants to do with his device and who are you to tell him or her differently? Even secure apps like banking and pay tv apps works 100% without any issues...... Have a awesome day....

Obviously with your narrow mind you don't know what you are talking about as you only talk about your own case without taking into account the specificities of other countries of which you know nothing, including the frequencies used in your own country, while I was not only talking about LTE...

Because when you mention the XFA CSC, I guess you were talking about South Africa and unless I am mistaken, this country does not use the 700 MHz (B28) and 800 MHz (B20) bands while these bands would still be dedicated to analog TV while at the same time MTM uses the 900 MHz band for both 4G/3G/2G and IOT, which is not the case everywhere in the world...
      Because apart from the case of South Korea and the USA, you are also forgetting China, a country with which there have been many problems of compatibility with imported smartphones and in particular with the 800 MHz band, even if this is less true nowadays.

After that, you are certainly lucky to have a mobile operator that doesn't use these frequencies, but that doesn't mean that this is the case everywhere.

Even within Europe there are many disparities/differences even between different operators in the same country...

But I was also thinking about another problem that I personally encountered since for a few months I had a Galaxy A50 and at that time there were no custom roms and I absolutely wanted to have the phone recording function which was not available by default and only available in very few countries.
      After having informed me on XDA or other sources, I did the test to install the Indian CSC with a French firmware.

So, yes after this operation the phone recording function was working but the counterpart is that I realized on my phone bill that the phone was sending by itself SMS outside the EU and therefore they became paid... ^^
      After having put back a European CSC these problems had disappeared but the phone recording function also obviously.

After many more tries I finally briked the A50 but fortunately I was refunded...

On a second hand I still have my Galaxy Note 9 with which I can find regularly many good custom roms and I don't have to care about this issue anymore !
      Have a awesome day....
      Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
      Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
      m.