• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SM T865 - T860 One UI 3.1 Android 11 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210520-182105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210520-182105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Arobase40

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010

Yep !

I just realize it is now available on Sammobile for a few hours...

So we can expect a base custom rom for the Note 9 very soon from Alexandr. ;)

But still nothing for T865 on Sammobile when I'm still awaiting after the update for the T860...

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Wooooaaahhh

Just a few minutes I posted the previous post I received a notification from Alexandr telling the base custom is already available ! :D

I don't know when this will happen but I'll try to gather informations on how to create the same kind of custom rom at least for the T860. Creating a custom rom for a device I don't own (T865) would be a bit risky...

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Because of the long weekend ahead I lost somehow my patience and installed the update via ODIN since OTA isn't coming. A disadvantage installing it this way or with SmartSwitch, which is much more comfortable then ODIN, if you're stock not rooted, is that we loose the last update information and the link to the changelog in settings. A pity ... .
m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210522-181232_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-181232_Settings.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210522-142523_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-142523_Settings.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210522-181341_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-181341_Settings.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 30

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
App or device (settings) issue ... ? Is someone maybe using GoodLock apps? MultiStar in particularly? I noticed that the popup view action button has to be toggled to get this feature to work after every device reboot. It just doesn't stick ... .
m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-214850_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-214850_Chrome.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 18

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Wooooaaahhh

Just a few minutes I posted the previous post I received a notification from Alexandr telling the base custom is already available ! :D

I don't know when this will happen but I'll try to gather informations on how to create the same kind of custom rom at least for the T860. Creating a custom rom for a device I don't own (T865) would be a bit risky...

i too own a note 9 and tab s6 t860, both of them are still on pie.... too lazy to upgrade as i don want to re-enter all the passwords saved... i know i can upgrade via ota but my tab s6's csc is tgy, which i hate the sub symbol layout so much as compared with some eurpoean's, so a clean install is the only way to get rid of it

for the custom rom thing, there are many tutorials out there, but be prepared to deal with those smail files and write some codings on your own as well

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
i too own a note 9 and tab s6 t860, both of them are still on pie.... too lazy to upgrade as i don want to re-enter all the passwords saved... i know i can upgrade via ota but my tab s6's csc is tgy, which i hate the sub symbol layout so much as compared with some eurpoean's, so a clean install is the only way to get rid of it

for the custom rom thing, there are many tutorials out there, but be prepared to deal with those smail files and write some codings on your own as well

I don't know how many passwords you need but on my side I just have the Google and Samsung account password to enter and eventually the Wifi password as I use Wifi the most.

Then, you can backup all you apps and settings using Samsung SmartSwitch and saving them on your micro SD, a USB key or on your PC, so you can change your CSC if you wish...

Regarding the custom rom it was probably a mistake to make this announcement before I started the "job", but I'll take one of the Note 9 custom rom apart to see what has changed in comparison to the stock firmware, and I'll try to find out the tutorials to know how to start. Coding is not really a problem for me. I just need some information on how to start the different processes.

I used to create firmware/from from source code as with the Androidx86 project or one time when I had to add Ethernet drivers to stock firmware for the first ASUS Transformer tablet, but I never worked as a modder... ^^
;)

Anyway, I'll do my best to bring this project to the light...

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
I don't know how many passwords you need but on my side I just have the Google and Samsung account password to enter and eventually the Wifi password as I use Wifi the most.

Then, you can backup all you apps and settings using Samsung SmartSwitch and saving them on your micro SD, a USB key or on your PC, so you can change your CSC if you wish...

Regarding the custom rom it was probably a mistake to make this announcement before I started the "job", but I'll take one of the Note 9 custom rom apart to see what has changed in comparison to the stock firmware, and I'll try to find out the tutorials to know how to start. Coding is not really a problem for me. I just need some information on how to start the different processes.

I used to create firmware/from from source code as with the Androidx86 project or one time when I had to add Ethernet drivers to stock firmware for the first ASUS Transformer tablet, but I never worked as a modder... ^^
;)

Anyway, I'll do my best to bring this project to the light...

so i think you are capable to cook one, and in case u need help i am ready to give you a hand 😃

for the passwords thing, they are all web sites passwords stored in the samsung browser, may be they can be synced with samsung pass, but it requires a fingerprint to authenticate. from what i read, once you disable Samsung pass in the newly installed rom or device, all the passwords will be gone too. so for me, it doest help if this is the case since i don use any authentication, and i have tried samsung pass once only in order to show me the passwords while i was migrating to the new tablet. i could be wrong, i dono. may be it's time to root it but i just lacking of confidence due to the complexity to root it nowadays, especially for a snapdragon device which i never used it before

of coz i understand it can be root simply using magisk, but i wont satisfy with the stock kernel once i rooted it, i knew it. i will then make a custom kernel (i have compiled one already with just crc disabled, but it took me some times to get familiar with the latest pie/Q kernel). but then more and more steps will be required, which i still not very sure about the procedure to install a custom kernel properly

Last edited:

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
so i think you are capable to cook one, and in case u need help i am ready to give you a hand 😃

for the passwords thing, they are all web sites passwords stored in the samsung browser, may be they can be synced with samsung pass, but it requires a fingerprint to authenticate. from what i read, once you disable Samsung pass in the newly installed rom or device, all the passwords will be gone too. so for me, it doest help if this is the case since i don use any authentication, and i have tried samsung pass once only in order to show me the passwords while i was migrating to the new tablet. i could be wrong, i dono. may be it's time to root it but i just lacking of confidence due to the complexity to root it nowadays, especially for a snapdragon device which i never used it before

of coz i understand it can be root simply using magisk, but i wont satisfy with the stock kernel once i rooted it, i knew it. i will then make a custom kernel (i have compiled one already with just crc disabled, but it took me some times to get familiar with the latest pie/Q kernel). but then more and more steps will be required, which i still not very sure about the procedure to install a custom kernel properly

Well I was most thinking about your password things as I still think Samsung SmartSwitch could solve your problems fully or partly...

Even if you don't have a full polished kernel with the best customization I think it's better to have the latest update that very old ones.

You should know than if you upgrade from OTA you won't loose your data, apps, settings and passwords. Then if you want to change your CSC don't know if it better to do it before upgrade or after...

For your Note 9, we already have different very good custom rom specially for the Exynos.

With my Tab S6 this is also my first device with Snapdragonn SOC and I really want to create a custom rom such as the one from _Alexandr so I won't have to mess up with the procedure every month or so when we have news security updates and/or with a major upgrade. Just a base custom rom based on stock kernel should be fine...

I may probably be "calling" you in the future... ;)

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Well I was most thinking about your password things as I still think Samsung SmartSwitch could solve your problems fully or partly...

Even if you don't have a full polished kernel with the best customization I think it's better to have the latest update that very old ones.

You should know than if you upgrade from OTA you won't loose your data, apps, settings and passwords. Then if you want to change your CSC don't know if it better to do it before upgrade or after...

For your Note 9, we already have different very good custom rom specially for the Exynos.

With my Tab S6 this is also my first device with Snapdragonn SOC and I really want to create a custom rom such as the one from _Alexandr so I won't have to mess up with the procedure every month or so when we have news security updates and/or with a major upgrade. Just a base custom rom based on stock kernel should be fine...

I may probably be "calling" you in the future... ;)

personally i don think smart switch will backup any paasswords since they should be not backup items, but may be i will try to sync between my tabs 6 and note 9

regading whether upgrade via ota, or which comes first etc, i would prefer to root it first since this will requires me to re-input the passwords once only (if smart switch doesnt work), and then i can do everything i want to after rooted

nevertheless, i am thinking to update the note9 kernel too, probably before tab s6 since it looks like it's easier to do it on note 9 and my knowledges are outdated (my last one was a mm kernel....), and it's an exynos

anyway, if u need me, just tell me. but obviously i may be not able to answer those related to Q specifically :D

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Sorry I don't know much about passwords saving as I don't use many...

But I think Samsung Pass should do the job and probably Samsung Cloud either.

BTW, do you have a T860 or a T865 device ?
no problem

samsung pass will do if i keep syncing it, but i dont wanna sync. and if disabled later i dont know what will happen, probably all passwords will be removed, i will try on another phone

mine is a t860 wifi version

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
SamDownloader shows UE2 with May patches for T860 is up at DBT (Germany), but it hasn't come to my region either.

Any idea when this update appears first ?

I was so obsessed by this update and I checked it out almost everyday with Fridja and my eyes and probably my mind didn't see the little difference in the naming : UE2 vs UC2... :ROFLMAO: :sneaky:

Got it downloaded !

Thanks a lot for lowing down my blood and mind pressure. ;)

Last edited:

Sirt

Sep 15, 2010
Any idea when this update appears first ?

I was so obsessed by this update and I checked it out almost everyday with Fridja and my eyes and probably my mind didn't see the little difference in the naming : UE2 vs UC2... :ROFLMAO: :sneaky:

Got it downloaded !

Thanks a lot for lowing down my blood and mind pressure. ;)
I saw it first last weekend. I just got the Tab S6, and haven't flashed anything to it manually yet, so I am still checking updates every day 😀

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
    I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
    I flashed with Odin normally, booted up to install Magisk Manager, patched the AP file in Magisk and flashed the magisk tar file on Odin(AP), did a factory reset afterwards and all worked out well.

I don't think TWRP works with One UI 3.1, though I haven't tried.

TWRP does work with Android 11 OneUI 3.1 but it's suck painful !!!

Watch out at my other post how I did it and with which version and as explained by Techguy777 You have to keep your Tab S6 hooked to a computer with the USB-C cable if Android 11 OneUI 3.1 is already installed, after you flash TWRP and reboot manually as explained in mentalmuso's thread.

Thanks to them both : Techguy777 and mentalmuso for the tip ! ;)
    Do you mean the official update to android 11?
    I don't believe it will come before next spring ... . Do you have any other official info??
    m.
    read this,
    which states may 2021. but plenty of time for further delays. samsung needs to cut the number of devices they make if they can not keep up with the software updates.
    Clearly you did not think before posting this reply. Using a local sim in the local country on a LTE device will have zero consequences on charges no matter the CSC. The device supports most of the LTE frequencies and WiFi is either 2.4 or 5.8 GHz as those do not change around the world. Maybe just channel numbers within the band but the band stays the same. The only country's that might be a problem is Korea and USA. Maybe read the specks of the device before making your statements. The only things I might lose is VoLTE witch most of us do not use any way and that has to be supported by your SIM card. I changed CSC to DBT and can say that I have zero problems with my device. It work exactly as it did with the XFA firmware. The only differnce is I get faster updates. And as I do not wait for OTA updates I always keep my devices updated by flashing the new firmware with HOME_CSC. You cannot say it would not work or will have consequences as I can and will say I have done it without any issues. Let the user decide what he wants to do with his device and who are you to tell him or her differently? Even secure apps like banking and pay tv apps works 100% without any issues...... Have a awesome day....

Obviously with your narrow mind you don't know what you are talking about as you only talk about your own case without taking into account the specificities of other countries of which you know nothing, including the frequencies used in your own country, while I was not only talking about LTE...

Because when you mention the XFA CSC, I guess you were talking about South Africa and unless I am mistaken, this country does not use the 700 MHz (B28) and 800 MHz (B20) bands while these bands would still be dedicated to analog TV while at the same time MTM uses the 900 MHz band for both 4G/3G/2G and IOT, which is not the case everywhere in the world...
    Because apart from the case of South Korea and the USA, you are also forgetting China, a country with which there have been many problems of compatibility with imported smartphones and in particular with the 800 MHz band, even if this is less true nowadays.

After that, you are certainly lucky to have a mobile operator that doesn't use these frequencies, but that doesn't mean that this is the case everywhere.

Even within Europe there are many disparities/differences even between different operators in the same country...

But I was also thinking about another problem that I personally encountered since for a few months I had a Galaxy A50 and at that time there were no custom roms and I absolutely wanted to have the phone recording function which was not available by default and only available in very few countries.
    After having informed me on XDA or other sources, I did the test to install the Indian CSC with a French firmware.

So, yes after this operation the phone recording function was working but the counterpart is that I realized on my phone bill that the phone was sending by itself SMS outside the EU and therefore they became paid... ^^
    After having put back a European CSC these problems had disappeared but the phone recording function also obviously.

After many more tries I finally briked the A50 but fortunately I was refunded...

On a second hand I still have my Galaxy Note 9 with which I can find regularly many good custom roms and I don't have to care about this issue anymore !
    Have a awesome day....
    Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
    Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
    m.