SM T865 - T860 One UI 3.1 Android 11 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Yeah man! But even the brand new tab s7 doesn't have it ... . Maybe samsung doesn't want to make it a tab feature, since even note 9 does have it. It's similar to the update policy, why tablets quarterly only ?!? Or why tablets don't have Samsung themes?!? All not very satisfying for tablet owners :(
m.

costinhas

Feb 2, 2007
Sao Paulo
Yeah man! But even the brand new tab s7 doesn't have it ... . Maybe samsung doesn't want to make it a tab feature, since even note 9 does have it. It's similar to the update policy, why tablets quarterly only ?!? Or why tablets don't have Samsung themes?!? All not very satisfying for tablet owners :(
m.

Just want to contribute. My Tab S6 has the latest update and Wireless Dex works fine on my 5 years old Samsung smart TV. Just press and hold the Dex icon on the pull down menu to open the connection menu, select a miracast compatible TV and enjoy. Hope you get it working. The TV input is set to screen mirroring.

Last edited:

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Just want to contribute. My Tab S6 has the latest update and Wireless Dex works fine on my 5 years old Samsung smart TV. Just press and hold the Dex icon on the pull down menu to open the connection menu, select a miracast compatible TV and enjoy. Hope you get it working. The TV input is set to screen mirroring.

Thx.! I know wireless DeX is there since last update. (In my case it's impossible because I've Chromecast). I was talking about DeX on PC, which unfortunately isn't working with our tablets.
m.

costinhas

Feb 2, 2007
Sao Paulo
Thx.! I know wireless DeX is there since last update. (In my case it's impossible because I've Chromecast). I was talking about DeX on PC, which unfortunately isn't working with our tablets.
m.
Sorry. I didn't realize you were discussing Dex on PC. Let's hope Samsung makes our devices compatible.

Techguy777

I downloaded the DBT german firmware for the 860 and it installed great. Im in the states wifi works great and so does wireless dex. Unfortunately my little 112 dollar TLC roku tv doesn't connect with it so yeah that sucks. Most people are saying their TV doesnt work with it unless their on samsung. The next complaint is I always run a permissive kernel for viper4android 2.3.4 I know 2.7.1.6 works but I prefer 2.3.4 for 2 reasons lock effect so I can use clarity on speakers and the sound driver is better. But something I didnt know was if you root enforcing kernel Netflix HD wont work in widevine L1. I actually did get it working if anyone is interested install mental permissive kernel wifi wont work but than have the netflix apk and back to restore you need to set netflix up in permissive kernel than itll stay on L1 when you flash the right kernel with wifi. If anyone knows how to get viper2.3.4 to work Id love to know. V4.4 on magisk doesnt work driver wont stay

DaWeav

Sep 8, 2009
Wow, the Tab S5E and the Tab S6 Lite are both getting the One UI 2.5 update in a lot of countries globally right now across the various models while the Tab S6 is still only been released to just a few countries so far. I don't get it...

Last edited:

nagashbr

Apr 19, 2015
Wow, the Tab S5E and the Tab S6 Lite are both getting the One UI 2.5 update in a lot of countries globally right now across the various models while the Tab S6 is still only been released to just a few countries so far. I don't get it...

Indeed... nothing yet in Brazil for Tab S6 LTE... but I already got it on my S20+

costinhas

Feb 2, 2007
Sao Paulo
LTE ou WIFI?
Mae ae zera tudo nele né?
LTE. Choose Home CSC file and everything stays intact. You need to install first the German FW BTF2 because it has the same boot loader version (3) that the letest ZTO FW. In case of any problem just reinstall the ZTO FW again. After that the latest German FW BTI1 should show on your download update, or you can again install it with ODIN.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201001-232633_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201001-232633_Chrome.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

DaWeav

Sep 8, 2009
Update arrived :) Wireless DeX comes with it, September patch and UneUI 2.5 like on tab s7 :)
m.

Well, it's now been a whole month since the Tab S6 One UI 2.5 with September security update was first released to just a few countries which has been it for the Tab S6 while a lot of the other Samsung devices like the Tab S5e, Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy S10 and others have all received the One UI 2.5 update during the last month in most every country. Wow, what a ?.

hagalisson

Sep 25, 2017
Other simpler tablets have already received like my son's S6 Lite and this model has nothing yet. Samsung makes us give up on spending more money on powerful models. I wanted to update with Costinhas' tip but I'm still afraid.

LTE. Choose Home CSC file and everything stays intact. You need to install first the German FW BTF2 because it has the same boot loader version (3) that the letest ZTO FW. In case of any problem just reinstall the ZTO FW again. After that the latest German FW BTI1 should show on your download update, or you can again install it with ODIN.

Hey buddy, if I want to install the BR version later when it's available will I be able to install it through Odin normally or will I have to downgrade? Thanks.

Last edited:

costinhas

Feb 2, 2007
Sao Paulo
Other simpler tablets have already received like my son's S6 Lite and this model has nothing yet. Samsung makes us give up on spending more money on powerful models. I wanted to update with Costinhas' tip but I'm still afraid.

Hey buddy, if I want to install the BR version later when it's available will I be able to install it through Odin normally or will I have to downgrade? Thanks.
The One UI 2.5 FW version for Germany has a different bootloader. You will not be able to downgrade. If you go for it and want to install a version for BR (ZTO) you will need to wait the newer One UI 2.5 FW ZTO to be released. If you install the German FW with bootloader version 3 first you can roll back to current BR FW that is also on version 3. I would try and test for one or two days. If all is OK than update to One UI 2.5.

hagalisson

Sep 25, 2017
The One UI 2.5 FW version for Germany has a different bootloader. You will not be able to downgrade. If you go for it and want to install a version for BR (ZTO) you will need to wait the newer One UI 2.5 FW ZTO to be released. If you install the German FW with bootloader version 3 first you can roll back to current BR FW that is also on version 3. I would try and test for one or two days. If all is OK than update to One UI 2.5.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll wait until November after that I will install the German FW anyway. Thanks again.

hagalisson

Sep 25, 2017
A new update it's available for the German FW and nothing for the rest of the world :(.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201015-185358_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201015-185358_Chrome.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ... my question was an expression of a surprise, becouse CUC1 is in deed the last update but a while ago already, so maybe there is a newer one that I don't know about and he might refering to it, that's all ...
    m.

When I answered to you at post #361, there was none for T865 but I check once again today and I discover a now update for this model T865 : may 2021 ???

It is not indicated/published on Sammobile but you can find it with Frida with CSC DBT

T865XXU4CUE1/T865OXM4CUE1/T865XXU4CUD1. ;)

This is a very important security update so flash it as soon as possible !
    Can you tell if it is only a security update or there are new features as well?

No idea at all as I own a T860 model. ^^

But as I said this is a very important and critical security update due to buggy modem !

Glad to hear m8 :)
    Still no OTA here .... .
    m.
    I've Just downloaded CUE1 (DBT) via OTA. S Pen to text finally available.
    How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
    I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
    I flashed with Odin normally, booted up to install Magisk Manager, patched the AP file in Magisk and flashed the magisk tar file on Odin(AP), did a factory reset afterwards and all worked out well.

I don't think TWRP works with One UI 3.1, though I haven't tried.

TWRP does work with Android 11 OneUI 3.1 but it's suck painful !!!

Watch out at my other post how I did it and with which version and as explained by Techguy777 You have to keep your Tab S6 hooked to a computer with the USB-C cable if Android 11 OneUI 3.1 is already installed, after you flash TWRP and reboot manually as explained in mentalmuso's thread.

Thanks to them both : Techguy777 and mentalmuso for the tip ! ;)
    Do you mean the official update to android 11?
    I don't believe it will come before next spring ... . Do you have any other official info??
    m.
    read this,
    which states may 2021. but plenty of time for further delays. samsung needs to cut the number of devices they make if they can not keep up with the software updates.
    Clearly you did not think before posting this reply. Using a local sim in the local country on a LTE device will have zero consequences on charges no matter the CSC. The device supports most of the LTE frequencies and WiFi is either 2.4 or 5.8 GHz as those do not change around the world. Maybe just channel numbers within the band but the band stays the same. The only country's that might be a problem is Korea and USA. Maybe read the specks of the device before making your statements. The only things I might lose is VoLTE witch most of us do not use any way and that has to be supported by your SIM card. I changed CSC to DBT and can say that I have zero problems with my device. It work exactly as it did with the XFA firmware. The only differnce is I get faster updates. And as I do not wait for OTA updates I always keep my devices updated by flashing the new firmware with HOME_CSC. You cannot say it would not work or will have consequences as I can and will say I have done it without any issues. Let the user decide what he wants to do with his device and who are you to tell him or her differently? Even secure apps like banking and pay tv apps works 100% without any issues...... Have a awesome day....

Obviously with your narrow mind you don't know what you are talking about as you only talk about your own case without taking into account the specificities of other countries of which you know nothing, including the frequencies used in your own country, while I was not only talking about LTE...

Because when you mention the XFA CSC, I guess you were talking about South Africa and unless I am mistaken, this country does not use the 700 MHz (B28) and 800 MHz (B20) bands while these bands would still be dedicated to analog TV while at the same time MTM uses the 900 MHz band for both 4G/3G/2G and IOT, which is not the case everywhere in the world...
    Because apart from the case of South Korea and the USA, you are also forgetting China, a country with which there have been many problems of compatibility with imported smartphones and in particular with the 800 MHz band, even if this is less true nowadays.

After that, you are certainly lucky to have a mobile operator that doesn't use these frequencies, but that doesn't mean that this is the case everywhere.

Even within Europe there are many disparities/differences even between different operators in the same country...

But I was also thinking about another problem that I personally encountered since for a few months I had a Galaxy A50 and at that time there were no custom roms and I absolutely wanted to have the phone recording function which was not available by default and only available in very few countries.
    After having informed me on XDA or other sources, I did the test to install the Indian CSC with a French firmware.

So, yes after this operation the phone recording function was working but the counterpart is that I realized on my phone bill that the phone was sending by itself SMS outside the EU and therefore they became paid... ^^
    After having put back a European CSC these problems had disappeared but the phone recording function also obviously.

After many more tries I finally briked the A50 but fortunately I was refunded...

On a second hand I still have my Galaxy Note 9 with which I can find regularly many good custom roms and I don't have to care about this issue anymore !
    Have a awesome day....
    Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
    Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
    m.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone