SM T865 - T860 One UI 4.1.1 Android 12 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

Evil_Smiley_za

Aug 5, 2015
Waterfall
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thx. for confirming!! I'm afraid that's sad but true :-( Just wrote a question to Samsung members support.
m.
Unfortunately this is the sad truth that the second screen option is not available on my S6 as well. Was looking forward to use that option.

I use nice-lock and after module updates for Task Changer found that its now located under Home Up. Works OK but seems to be slower than the standard task changer. Like it waits a bit then realizes that it's task changer then the windows jump to the selected mode. Still the interface is better than the standard one. Also to change the keyboard skins on Keys Cafe you have to have the Theme Park module installed.

My Tab S6 was on Multi-CSC OJM_XFA. Downloaded the BTU one now I am on OXM_BTU. Except for the German Welcome screen on first boot I have no issues. Can select English South Africa from there and setup the device just fine. Banking apps and secure TV streaming apps like DSTv we have here in SA works flawless. Going to keep my Tab S6 on BTU.... Just love the quick updates from OXM.

Before my table showed XFA/XFA/ now its on BTU/BTU/

Does anyone know why the third option is blank? Received my tablet from Samsung SA that way.

Reactions: meduza

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Unfortunately this is the sad truth that the second screen option is not available on my S6 as well. Was looking forward to use that option.

I use nice-lock and after module updates for Task Changer found that its now located under Home Up. Works OK but seems to be slower than the standard task changer. Like it waits a bit then realizes that it's task changer then the windows jump to the selected mode. Still the interface is better than the standard one. Also to change the keyboard skins on Keys Cafe you have to have the Theme Park module installed.

My Tab S6 was on Multi-CSC OJM_XFA. Downloaded the BTU one now I am on OXM_BTU. Except for the German Welcome screen on first boot I have no issues. Can select English South Africa from there and setup the device just fine. Banking apps and secure TV streaming apps like DSTv we have here in SA works flawless. Going to keep my Tab S6 on BTU.... Just love the quick updates from OXM.

Before my table showed XFA/XFA/ now its on BTU/BTU/

Does anyone know why the third option is blank? Received my tablet from Samsung SA that way.

Thx. for the info! Strange with the TaskChanger (and the other guy with MultiStar). That's what I get when tying to run it :-(
m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-001224_Home Up.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-001224_Home Up.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 54

ElsaReyes

Apr 25, 2016
I wish it would come out for the t860 already. It's already out in 3 countries for the t865, but still nothing for the t860...

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
I've got a T865 but still no update. Actually on sammobile there's no android 11 firmware available for any country.

Darn! Second Screen feature was the one thing I was really looking for. Putting my S6 4G out for sale now.

Not even Wireless DEX with PC app is working. Or Laptop DeX App, only Samsung TV SmartView is working wireless.

Also missing Samsung Internet continuity, and Samsung Notes continuity. The changelog probably has more features that arent available for S6. Really badly checked changelog.

Last edited:

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Darn! Second Screen feature was the one thing I was really looking for. Putting my S6 4G out for sale now.

Not even Wireless DEX with PC app is working. Or Laptop DeX App, only Samsung TV SmartView is working wirelss.

Also missing Samsung Internet continuity, and Samsung Notes continuity. The changelog probably has more features that arent available for S6. Really badly checked changelog.

+1 :-(
m.

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
The Samsung members support is just a laughter :) First they told me to unable "second screen" in quick settings even though that's exact he problem that`s it's not avaible :) Then they told me to unable SmartView :) According to the changelog SmartView shouldn't even work but it does somehow but of course not as second screen.
m.

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
The Samsung members support is just a laughter :) First they told me to unable "second screen" in quick settings even though that's exact he problem that`s it's not avaible :) Then they told me to unable SmartView :) According to the changelog SmartView shouldn't even work but it does somehow but of course not as second screen.
m.

I think so too. I've also submitted a question and it has been answered saying that i should use the split screen function, i've replied back saying that this function (split screen) is old and i was talking about the new one (second screen). I'm still waiting for an answer.

I guess if everybody here opened a ticket on Samsung Members they would have to answer to it officially.

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
I think so too. I've also submitted a question and it has been answered saying that i should use the split screen function, i've replied back saying that this function (split screen) is old and i was talking about the new one (second screen). I'm still waiting for an answer.

I guess if everybody here opened a ticket on Samsung Members they would have to answer to it officially.

Yes, but Samsung's support should know what their company is doing or not doing otherwise the effect is very unprofessional ... .
m.

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
Yes, but Samsung's support should know what their company is doing or not doing otherwise the effect is very unprofessional ... .
m.

Just got a new answer telling me that the feature isn't available to Tab S6 without any roadmap to enable it. I've answered back asking so why is it listed as available on the changelog.

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
It would be interesting to know why the update has not been be yet rolled out to other countries. Did Samsung stop it?

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Just got a new answer telling me that the feature isn't available to Tab S6 without any roadmap to enable it. I've answered back asking so why is it listed as available on the changelog.

... that's actually better then that, what they just answered me, they recommended me to use the remote support ! It's just unbelievable :) And this after I wrote them about the changelog and tab s7 etc..
m.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***Moderator announcement***
    Flaming and disrespect will not be tolerated. I am removing several off topic and disrespectful posts. I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it. Anyone who continues is going to receive an infraction.

The moderator staff isn't here to babysit anyone. Keep your posts on topic, don't disrespect anyone, and be civil. If you can't manage to conduct yourself appropriately, there will be consequences until you do.
    Hi,

this is a general thread about our stock Android firmware with One UI 4.1 now and it's later updates.
    We can exchange our experiences and discuss software changes etc. here.

April 2020: Android Q. finally arrived :)
    Changes: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

March 2021: Android 11 (R) our second major update arrived nearly one year later :) (Will we get a third once ... ?)

March 2022: Android 12 (S) arrived just on time one year later :) (it's even possible that we will get a fourth update and hopefully android L as an intermediate step)

September 2022: Android 12L we've got OneUi 4.1.1 (is it the last Android version upgrade ... ?)

m.
    How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
    I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
    Surprising, small update with November Patch ans stability improvement :)
    m.
    Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
    Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
    m.