May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104_181510_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104_181510_Chrome.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 62

dodgebizkit

I rarely use the Samsung tablet now as I mostly use iPhone and ipad, but as I am getting a pixel for work and intend to link it with this tablet for work purposes, I've been giving this tablet another go again and I'm impressed with the latest update. It feels like a complete tablet experience rather than an enlarged phone, finally. Battery life is way better than on the ipad. Home screen is fun. App tray thing is useful. Very fast and fluid, feels brand new and not like 3 year old tablet. Very impressed. I only hope that apps get optimised, I am sp used to apps being great on ipads, that seeing them look like expanded phone apps on here is a bit ... off-putting. Still, it's a great tablet and the processor still holds up with the best of them. Very impressive

Reactions: ghoulie and meduza

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
@dodgebizkit

" ... feels brand new and not like 3 year old tablet ... " - absolutely +1 :) And as you wrote, it has still very good HW. Therefore I'm more then angry and disappointed they stopped the updates. I think, Tab S6 is still better then the successors, to get a comparable performance one will need a huge sized tab s8 for example which can't be easly hold with one hand :-( So I'm curious about the foldable tablets of the next generation.
m.

Reactions: ghoulie

dodgebizkit

Yeah, I think that, ignoring supersized tablets / pro tablets, the future for Android is foldable phones for sure. I don't think so with Apple,they don't like hybrid products and everything syncs so well, but with Android, your phone in your pocket unfolding to be your tablet, seems to be the way forward, and I think so far, Samsung do it right, but their tablets after the S6 have all been a step back (probably to make a big distinction between the tab and the fold),

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Yeah, I think that, ignoring supersized tablets / pro tablets, the future for Android is foldable phones for sure. I don't think so with Apple,they don't like hybrid products and everything syncs so well, but with Android, your phone in your pocket unfolding to be your tablet, seems to be the way forward, and I think so far, Samsung do it right, but their tablets after the S6 have all been a step back (probably to make a big distinction between the tab and the fold),
Exactly!

I'm very satisfied with the flip3 btw. :)
m.

Jun 11, 2022
... a small update (172MB) arrived but still with October patch ... ??
m.
yeah. You can simply patch the original TWRP with that security patch date so that you can use TWRP on this tab.
You have used this Tablet for a long time, can you tell me the pros and cons for this device? A small list will be enough.

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
yeah. You can simply patch the original TWRP with that security patch date so that you can use TWRP on this tab.
You have used this Tablet for a long time, can you tell me the pros and cons for this device? A small list will be enough.
Thx. but I'm not rooted, just wanted to inform about that update, that's all :)
Everything about the tab that I've over three years now is absolutely positive, the only one negative thing is that there will be no android 13 for it :-(
m.

Airtioteclint

Nov 20, 2012
I went back to VG6 from VH2 because I didn't like the new navigation bar. It was designed to be used for one hand i believe. Can someone on VJ4 tell me if they fixed that, or at least give the option in setting to go back to full navigation bar?
I just updated to VJ4 and nope. Navigation bar is right or left only. Stay on VG6 if you value full center navigation bar like I do.

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
... kind of strange, the last update came one months ago for DBT only ... . So VK1 wasn't roll out to other countries ... . So I'm asking my self, if it will roll out in near future, or if there will be a new update starting with DBT again ... .
m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221221_103905_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221_103905_Chrome.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 43
Thx. but I'm not rooted, just wanted to inform about that update, that's all :)
Everything about the tab that I've over three years now is absolutely positive, the only one negative thing is that there will be no android 13 for it :-(
m.
The Tab S6 5G/4G will get Android 13 according to this website:

Reactions: Sage and meduza

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
That would just be great! I see Tab S6 Lte (if it's = 4G) listet for the first time, so it's hard to believe though ... . The hope is there of course.
m

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111_071308_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230111_071308_Chrome.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 21

Arobase404

Sep 13, 2022

Please stop misleading the readers by not understanding that it is not the same model !!!

This Tab S6 5G/4G (SM-T866N) is a 5G device simply compatible with 4G/LTE... ^^

SM-T865 and SM-T860 won't get another new Android version and I'm even not sure we'll get another security update : I'm not sure though for the security update. We are very close to the end of life for both models if it is not already the case.

Only Galaxy Tab S6 5G/4G (SM-T866N) and Galaxy Tab S6 lite (SM-P610 (Wi-Fi); SM-P615 (LTE)) versions will get Android 13 and this will be their latest Android version.

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Question to the T865 owners: On the sammobile site it still looks like the VK1 update from 22. of November was the last one for this model. Is it really so? Other countries haven't received any update since over two month?
m.

Top Liked Posts