SM T865 - T860 One UI 4.1.1 Android 12 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Only Galaxy Tab S6 5G/4G (SM-T866N) and Galaxy Tab S6 lite (SM-P610 (Wi-Fi); SM-P615 (LTE)) versions will get Android 13 and this will be their latest Android version.
Not sure why you think so, these models, beside the radio, are quite literally the same internally. It makes no sense to upgrade just one of the Snapdragon 855+ devices, but not the others.

Arobase404

Sep 13, 2022
Not sure why you think so, these models, beside the radio, are quite literally the same internally. It makes no sense to upgrade just one of the Snapdragon 855+ devices, but not the others.

Because this is not a matter of hardware but of Samsung policy !!!

The Galaxy tab S6 (T865 and T860) were released on August 2019 with Android 9 (Pie) and upgradable to Android 12 which is the latest Android version and there are at the end of their life.
As you can also see there is also no more security updates for Europe and most part of the world.

I saw there was at least one more security update available in Latin America at least for T865 but don't know if it can be used any where else... ^^

The other Galaxy Tab S6 models were released one year later the reason they should get one more Android version...

Reactions: meduza

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Speeking of updates, we just got one with August patch :) The last one was in March, so five months later.
m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230825_180234_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20230825_180234_Software update.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Arobase404

Arobase404

Sep 13, 2022
The same here for T860 : T860XXS5DWH1 !

Every time I'm saying this is the last security update, Samsung finally releases a new one even if it's MONTHS after. :ROFLMAO:

The T865 update version is available almost every where in the world when the new update for T860 is available only in Germany for now for what I can see on Samfw website.

This is indeed the DBT version I'm always using even though I have a French Tab S6... (y)

Arobase404

Sep 13, 2022
For T865 is DBT allways the first, lucky me :)
m.

Except than this is not exactly the truth as this T865 August security update was first released in Vietnam by August 8th, then Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia and finally Germany by August 11th... ;)

This is based on the built date and so then the released date...

So Germany is the first, but in Europe... lol

Arobase404

Sep 13, 2022
O.k., then it is so ... . (Why/ where from do you know that?) Watching SamMobile list the new release is always DBT first. This update is not even listed yet.
m.

It is in the link I supplied above !!!

Go at the bottom of the page and you will see the countries list in reverse order of the built date.

If you don't find it type SM-T865 and then select your device and again go to the bottom of the page...

EDIT : I don't know where you see the latest release as DBT on Sammobile as the latest version on Sammobile for T865 is T865XXU5DWE1 which is the March security update with
Build Date 2023-05-5

Last edited:
Reactions: meduza

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
" EDIT : I don't know where you see the latest release as DBT on Sammobile as the latest version on Sammobile for T865 is T865XXU5DWE1 which is the March security update " - yes, exactly! The new DBT update we just got is not even listed yet.
m.

Arobase404

Sep 13, 2022
" EDIT : I don't know where you see the latest release as DBT on Sammobile as the latest version on Sammobile for T865 is T865XXU5DWE1 which is the March security update " - yes, exactly! The new DBT update we just got is not even listed yet.
m.

Sorry for the last part of my answer. I'm a little bit tired actually... ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***Moderator announcement***
    Flaming and disrespect will not be tolerated. I am removing several off topic and disrespectful posts. I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it. Anyone who continues is going to receive an infraction.

The moderator staff isn't here to babysit anyone. Keep your posts on topic, don't disrespect anyone, and be civil. If you can't manage to conduct yourself appropriately, there will be consequences until you do.
    Hi,

this is a general thread about our stock Android firmware with One UI 4.1 now and it's later updates.
    We can exchange our experiences and discuss software changes etc. here.

April 2020: Android Q. finally arrived :)
    Changes: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

March 2021: Android 11 (R) our second major update arrived nearly one year later :) (Will we get a third once ... ?)

March 2022: Android 12 (S) arrived just on time one year later :) (it's even possible that we will get a fourth update and hopefully android L as an intermediate step)

September 2022: Android 12L we've got OneUi 4.1.1 (is it the last Android version upgrade ... ?)

m.
    How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
    I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
    Surprising, small update with November Patch ans stability improvement :)
    m.
    Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
    Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
    m.