SM T865 - T860 One UI 4.1 Android 12 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

dodgebizkit

Sep 9, 2011
Kent
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Interesting... I wonder how long the tab s6 will be useable on android 12... I mainly use ipad now but as I have so many apps bought for android I pull this out every so often as a secondary tablet... the good thing is that it's still fast. In 2017 a 2 year old tablet was starting to slow down and seem old. This still feels new.

Reactions: kidkrooks

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Surprising, small update with November Patch ans stability improvement :)
m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211110-192615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211110-192615_Chrome.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20211110-192645_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20211110-192645_Software update.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20211110-193807_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211110-193807_Settings.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Fuzzums and BWA80

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Hi!

Do you have sm-t860 or 65?

There has been no new FW for the non-lte model in a while. Just wanting to know if its possible to install t865 FW on the t860...

Same problem with the Galaxy Note 9 which pass from monthly to quarterly and the S9 got the november patch during the first week of november or something like this, then the Korean Note 9 and finally the international version a few day ago...
This is the first time a Galaxy Note pass from monthly to quarterly !!! :(

So I think the november patch for the T860 should arrive by the end of this month or beginning of december... ^^

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
HERE IT IS !!!

T860 November security patch
is available for the T860 CSC DBT and KOO (South Korea)

T860XXU4CUK1/T860OXM4CUK1/T860XXU4CUK1

Again available via Frija or SamFrew... ;)

Reactions: BWA80

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Anyone using the latest Android update (November 2021) with XprivacyLua module encounters issues ???

This module worked fine with the previous version but looks like it doesn't work anymore with T860XXU4CUK1 with no reason... :cry:

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Play system update

What's the date of your guys Google Play system update? My is from 1st of August. On the z flip3 I could update to the date of 1st. of November but on the tab it's saying I've the newest. That's pretty strange ... .
m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211211-092538_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211211-092538_Settings.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 47

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
December security patch for T860 is FINALLY AVAILABLE !!!

T860XXU4CUL2-T860OXM4CUL2-T860XXU4CUL2 with CSC DBT via Frija.

No information from Sammobile as usual... ^^

Not yet flashed or tested as I'm patching it atm.

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
They post the updates of other versions of the same tablet. Weird.

Which other versions of the same tablet : between T860, T865 and T865N as stated by meduza ?

I started my response before he posted his with his screenshots...
The latest security patch version for T860 is March 2021 on Sammobile... ^^

Sammobile website is failing as time goes by and specially the firmware search section. It takes me a dozen of manipulations before I can get a list of firmware updates !
Then I can't even go past the first news page : the [Load more] function is locked.

Don't know if it's related with their tracking system and thus with money as I simply use Firefox.

Their Android app isn't working at all as I blocked most of the permissions except Network !
It works with most other News apps but not with Sammobile... ^^

It works very well before and it's becoming more and more messy....

Reactions: TiTiB and meduza

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Which other versions of the same tablet : between T860, T865 and T865N as stated by meduza ?

I started my response before he posted his with his screenshots...
The latest security patch version for T860 is March 2021 on Sammobile... ^^

Sammobile website is failing as time goes by and specially the firmware search section. It takes me a dozen of manipulations before I can get a list of firmware updates !
Then I can't even go past the first news page : the [Load more] function is locked.

Don't know if it's related with their tracking system and thus with money as I simply use Firefox.

Their Android app isn't working at all as I blocked most of the permissions except Network !
It works with most other News apps but not with Sammobile... ^^

It works very well before and it's becoming more and more messy....
+ 1 but with chrome! It needs tricks or as your said, "manipupulations" to get the updates for T865 showing up.
m.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thank you. the problem however is the lack of this string of instructions wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable in the build.prop file; just add it and it works perfectly
    Thank you so much, I see the bootloader hasn't changed, it is still U5 right?
    And I need the bootloader unlocked in android 12 to root the Tab with magisk.
    Yes you should be ready to upgrade to Android 12 and root it the same way you rooted Android 11. You don't need a custom kernel anymore. Use magisk v25 and official twrp 3.6.1. I would have to look into it to see if you have to flash the DB meta file and I am walking out the door. I'm sure I have already said in this thread before
    Thank you so much, I see the bootloader hasn't changed, it is still U5 right?
    And I need the bootloader unlocked in android 12 to root the Tab with magisk.

Yep !

I normally root the Tab with magisk only without TWRP since TWRP has some complications and varies according to android versions. Though, I would love to hear your suggestion or guidance to root this device with TWRP.

Watch at post #585 in this thread if you want to install TWRP and get root without losing your data :

I'm doing this every time there is a new firmware update for months now. ;)
    I never had to care about "fixing ramdisk" as this is Magisk job...
    Finally you don't need scrolling through the whole thread as I gave you the exact post number which is post #585 !

So now you "just" have to find out a copy of TWRP for your T865...
    how do I reach the post #585 ?
    ***Moderator announcement***
    Flaming and disrespect will not be tolerated. I am removing several off topic and disrespectful posts. I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it. Anyone who continues is going to receive an infraction.

The moderator staff isn't here to babysit anyone. Keep your posts on topic, don't disrespect anyone, and be civil. If you can't manage to conduct yourself appropriately, there will be consequences until you do.
    Hi,

this is a general thread about our stock Android firmware with One UI 4.1 now and it's later updates.
    We can exchange our experiences and discuss software changes etc. here.

April 2020: Android Q. finally arrived :)
    Changes: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

March 2021: Android 11 (R) our second major update arrived nearly one year later :) (Will we get a third once ... ?)

March 2022: Android 12 (S) arrived just on time one year later :) (it's even possible that we will get a fourth update and hopefully android L as an intermediate step)

m.
    How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
    I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
    I flashed with Odin normally, booted up to install Magisk Manager, patched the AP file in Magisk and flashed the magisk tar file on Odin(AP), did a factory reset afterwards and all worked out well.

I don't think TWRP works with One UI 3.1, though I haven't tried.

TWRP does work with Android 11 OneUI 3.1 but it's suck painful !!!

Watch out at my other post how I did it and with which version and as explained by Techguy777 You have to keep your Tab S6 hooked to a computer with the USB-C cable if Android 11 OneUI 3.1 is already installed, after you flash TWRP and reboot manually as explained in mentalmuso's thread.

Thanks to them both : Techguy777 and mentalmuso for the tip ! ;)
    Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
    Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
    m.