SM T865 - T860 One UI 4.1 Android 12 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

Techguy777

Hey guys twrp 3.6.2 official is out for the tab S6 on twrps main website. They fixed the encryption problem on my poco F3. It can now read encrypted storage and decrypt it. You can just flash the img file in twrp if you already have it installed. If not you will have to flash vbmeta dummy file flashed in first and that will need a factory reset but 1 time and your done. Im using it it works great so far.

Reactions: peppet

Techguy777

Last night was fun dont update to magisk v25.1 beta on the S6 tab it will hardcore bootloop. Like I was thinking they have changed the reboot to recovery around and you can't find the new way online. I was dead tired it was almost 1am.

Im guessing no one has gotten stuck in a bootloop yet. Because if you do and you plug into PC and hit volume down and power and switch to volume up youll keep going into RDX/kernel panic because magisk v25.1

So to help everyone out the only way to do it is to
1. Plug into a Running PC
2. Hold volume up and down only while its bootlooping
itll boot into odin mode on the reboot

3. Volume up to go into odin to flash a new rom
4. Now in odin mode with usb still plugged in you can use the old fashion way and volume down and power when screen goes black switch to volume up and dont let go until you see twrp pop up or stock recovery.

There is no other way to do it. You can't find updated guides online for one ui 4.1
I wanted to make sure to tell everyone so you dont panic and think your device is junk

Techguy777

Just to add even if you have root access and you use magisk manager or app to boot into recovery youll also bootloop. Everything makes the tab S6 bootloop trying to get into recovery now. The magisk bootloop protector module doesnt always work either.

I got on youtube and looked up the S22 ultra and other One UI 4.1 devices to see how they did it and they can do it easy just plug in usb and power off hold volume up and power button until screen comes on and it load recovery. Not us you need to have a PC and do it like I SAID ABOVE.

Im 100 percent sure they did that on purpose to people would get stuck in a bootloop and think its broke. They suck. I didnt want anyone to freak it out,

Jun 11, 2022
Just to add even if you have root access and you use magisk manager or app to boot into recovery youll also bootloop. Everything makes the tab S6 bootloop trying to get into recovery now. The magisk bootloop protector module doesnt always work either.

I got on youtube and looked up the S22 ultra and other One UI 4.1 devices to see how they did it and they can do it easy just plug in usb and power off hold volume up and power button until screen comes on and it load recovery. Not us you need to have a PC and do it like I SAID ABOVE.

Im 100 percent sure they did that on purpose to people would get stuck in a bootloop and think its broke. They suck. I didnt want anyone to freak it out,
so the bootloop is caused by magisk v25? will magisk v23 have any issues.
I want to install magisk v23 on android 12 but my method of patching the bootloader doesn't work anymore. It seems i have to use the official twrp, but i don't have the vbmeta dummy file. Can you help with this

Jun 11, 2022
You don't need the vbmeta dummy file !!!
hey i've just updated to android 12 and flashed twrp file. for the first time i can boot to twrp and flash multidisabler 3.1 then magisk.
but i can't boot to twrp recovery anymore and magisk isn't available after reboot.

Edit: I've got it all worked out now. I had to mount the system partition before flashing files and also to factory reset.

Last edited:

locuturus

Samsung Dex still runs on both the tablet and the monitor when using USB-C after this update. I really do hope they will fix this. Otherwise I consider downgrading to A11. I need Dex on the monitor only to be able to use its native resolution. Dex in mirror mode is not how it's supposed to work anyway.
I'm using mine a lot less now because of this. It has to be a bug, right?

Jun 11, 2022
Hi guys!

Is it only my tablet or has anyone else battery life been terrible after latest update (XXU4DVE1)?

I went from 3 day battery life to 1,5 day after updating. Updated about 1 week ago.
I noticed a slight performance drop on android 12, I've just downgraded to android 11 now.
Though I didn't notice anything about the battery life.

Reactions: BWA80

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
I just received a USB-C to HDMI adapter with 2 meter HDMI cable and plug them both to my Galaxy tab S6 and my external monitor and DEX appears immediately. I didn't even have to go in settings or to drop down specific icons. This external monitor is a touch one but I don't have this specific USB cable on hand so I used a USB-C hub and connected a mouse which also works fine. I could also have connected a keyboard but as I don't use DEX at the moment and as I use it more with Amazon FireTV stick for streaming videos.

The sole minor issue is that I can't do wireless DEX with my Galaxy Tab S6 as I can do it with my Galaxy Note 9 with a Amazon FireTV Stick...
+1 !

Tab s7 has it.
m.

Reactions: thesecondonehuh

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Hi all,
I'm wondering, why noone mentioned the last update from July
SM-T865 DBT / T865XXU5DVG6/T865OXM5DVG6/T865XXU5DVG5
SM-T865_4_20220723000431_m3yr2bwqth_fac
security patch 1. June
Just because you have been faster :) I just installed it.
It's August so we have got June patch ... .
m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220802-153656_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802-153656_Software update.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20220802-153632_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802-153632_Software update.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 23
m.
only 5 minutes faster
I just finished

... and don't complain
earlier I owned a Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus - the top modell
Lenovo stopped updates after half a year
fortunately it is easier to root and the community here developes Lineage Roms till today

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2022
I published a five minute video guide on how to root a tab s6 running android 12 with magisk + TWRP.

If you search on youtube "how to root tab s6 android 12" the first video that will appear is the one going by the name "Tech Happens". which is me.

I included all the required files needed for rooting it.
I hoped this would be beneficial to others. :)

Reactions: meduza

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
I published a five minute video guide on how to root a tab s6 running android 12 with magisk + TWRP.

If you search on youtube "how to root tab s6 android 12" the first video that will appear is the one going by the name "Tech Happens". which is me.

That's great m8! I'll root the tab probably when we received our last official major update which might be OneUi 4.1.1 with Android L ... .
m.

dkryder

Sep 26, 2013
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 5a

thanks. i have tab s6 LTE which uses different twrp file. i got that from twrp. i wanted to ask what the file you have on mega, recovery.tar contains and if rooting a tab s6 LTE uses same process as your rooting tab s6 wifi [lite]. thank you.

Jun 11, 2022
thanks. i have tab s6 LTE which uses different twrp file. i got that from twrp. i wanted to ask what the file you have on mega, recovery.tar contains and if rooting a tab s6 LTE uses same process as your rooting tab s6 wifi [lite]. thank you.
I included the twrp for tab s6 lite on the description, but if you already have it then great. The files on Mega includes the twrp for tab s6 LTE, vbmeta (required to flash when twrp fails to flash), magisk v25.1 and multidisabler for samsung. And Yes, it uses the same processes.
At this moment i assume you have found my video already, I would kindly and humbly request you to be the 71st subscriber.

Last edited:

dodgebizkit

Sep 9, 2011
Kent
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Android 12 is running perfectly for me! I rarely use this tablet now as I'm mostly apple and ipad, but when I do pick this up it's fast, fluid, battery is a beast, mostly bug free now (Microsoft Edge finally works too) and getting better! It's finally what I think it should have been at launch. I think it's the best Android tablet out there because the newer Samsung ones require the bigger screen to get amoled...

Last edited:
Reactions: meduza

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Android 12 is running perfectly for me! I rarely use this tablet now as I'm mostly apple and ipad, but when I do pick this up it's fast, fluid, battery is a east, mostly bug free now (Microsoft Edge finally works too) and getting better! It's finally what I think it should have been at launch. I think it's the best Android tablet out there because the newer Samsung ones require the bigger screen to get amoled...
Definitely +1 !! Especially the LTE model of our tab. because it has great HW parameters. If you want to get similar or better HW with the newer tablets, you need to buy the huge variant. The smaller ones have worser HW parameters then out tab s6 ... .
m.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    security patch 1. June
    Hi all,
    security patch 1. June
    m.
    m.
    only 5 minutes faster
    I just finished

... and don't complain
    earlier I owned a Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus - the top modell
    Lenovo stopped updates after half a year
    fortunately it is easier to root and the community here developes Lineage Roms till today

Android 12 is running perfectly for me! I rarely use this tablet now as I'm mostly apple and ipad, but when I do pick this up it's fast, fluid, battery is a beast, mostly bug free now (Microsoft Edge finally works too) and getting better! It's finally what I think it should have been at launch. I think it's the best Android tablet out there because the newer Samsung ones require the bigger screen to get amoled...
    ***Moderator announcement***
    Flaming and disrespect will not be tolerated. I am removing several off topic and disrespectful posts. I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it. Anyone who continues is going to receive an infraction.

The moderator staff isn't here to babysit anyone. Keep your posts on topic, don't disrespect anyone, and be civil. If you can't manage to conduct yourself appropriately, there will be consequences until you do.
    Hi,

this is a general thread about our stock Android firmware with One UI 4.1 now and it's later updates.
    We can exchange our experiences and discuss software changes etc. here.

April 2020: Android Q. finally arrived :)
    Changes: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

March 2021: Android 11 (R) our second major update arrived nearly one year later :) (Will we get a third once ... ?)

March 2022: Android 12 (S) arrived just on time one year later :) (it's even possible that we will get a fourth update and hopefully android L as an intermediate step)

m.
    How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
    I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
    Surprising, small update with November Patch ans stability improvement :)
    m.
    Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
    Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
    m.