SM T865 - T860 One UI 4.1 Android 12 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Android 12 : New firmware T860XXU4DVE1/T860OXM4DVE1/T860XXU4DVE1 update for Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860) available

T860XXU4DVE1/T860OXM4DVE1/T860XXU4DVE1 with DBT CSC !

This update can be seen on Samfrew website or via Frija and is available via these sources, but not yet via Sammobile or Samfw.

Considering the screenshot from @meduza , it should be another update dated March 2022 as Samfrew is usually giving wrong information about the applicable date !

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Android 12 : New firmware T860XXU4DVE1/T860OXM4DVE1/T860XXU4DVE1 update for Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860) available

T860XXU4DVE1/T860OXM4DVE1/T860XXU4DVE1 with DBT CSC !

This update can be seen on Samfrew website or via Frija and is available via these sources, but not yet via Sammobile or Samfw.

Considering the screenshot from @meduza , it should be another update dated March 2022 as Samfrew is usually giving wrong information about the applicable date !
... maybe you guys will get a newer security patch ... .
m.

Techguy777

can anyone get v4a to work with android 12 with root?
Im curious which firmware are you on like the PDA and csc? I'm trying to find someone on the later versions to see if you can go into termux and type su hit enter, give it root permission, then setenforce 0 hit enter, then type getenforce and tell me if it shows permissive. The very first build of dbt allows permissive but Samsung hasn't ever done that before. SO I want to update but I don't want to lose that. You can use selinux switch apk and check it with termux or go into settings and check selinux. It would be a huge help. You can always set it back in 2 seconds to enforcing. However viper will instantly work on permissive that's why I prefer it. I have an Android 12 viper fix zip I'll upload you can flash in magisk. If you still have trouble let me know. Make sure you have BusyBox from magisk installed also

Attachments

• ViperFX Android12 Fix.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 6

Techguy777

If anyone is on the latest firmware update and has root access it would be awesome if you would check to see if you can switch selinux to permissive mode in terminal emulator like termux.

Type su and hit enter
Give it root permission
Then type getenforce to show enforcing by default
Then try setenforce 0 hit enter
Then type getenforce and hit enter to see if it shows permissive.

Or you can download selinux switcher apk and then check in terminal. It's 2 seconds and you can revert back to enforcing instantly and no security problems.

Techguy777

You mean without leaving a thank you?
m.
No I want some to check the selinux on the march security patch and see if you can switch it to permissive and back to enforcing. If they had viper 4 android they rooted it and it would take literally 2 seconds. Everyone's superstitious and thinks if you flip it to permissive for 2 seconds youll get a virus. Stupidity I have had permissive running for years now on every device I own no problems. Switch it back to enforcing and let me know

moonraker7

Oct 15, 2016
If anyone is on the latest firmware update and has root access it would be awesome if you would check to see if you can switch selinux to permissive mode in terminal emulator like termux.

Type su and hit enter
Give it root permission
Then type getenforce to show enforcing by default
Then try setenforce 0 hit enter
Then type getenforce and hit enter to see if it shows permissive.

Or you can download selinux switcher apk and then check in terminal. It's 2 seconds and you can revert back to enforcing instantly and no security problems.
Yes, it shows permissive

Reactions: Techguy777

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
No I want some to check the selinux on the march security patch and see if you can switch it to permissive and back to enforcing. If they had viper 4 android they rooted it and it would take literally 2 seconds. Everyone's superstitious and thinks if you flip it to permissive for 2 seconds youll get a virus. Stupidity I have had permissive running for years now on every device I own no problems. Switch it back to enforcing and let me know

If you can do it yourself why are you asking to others ??? ^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thank you. the problem however is the lack of this string of instructions wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable in the build.prop file; just add it and it works perfectly
    Thank you so much, I see the bootloader hasn't changed, it is still U5 right?
    And I need the bootloader unlocked in android 12 to root the Tab with magisk.
    Yes you should be ready to upgrade to Android 12 and root it the same way you rooted Android 11. You don't need a custom kernel anymore. Use magisk v25 and official twrp 3.6.1. I would have to look into it to see if you have to flash the DB meta file and I am walking out the door. I'm sure I have already said in this thread before
    Thank you so much, I see the bootloader hasn't changed, it is still U5 right?
    And I need the bootloader unlocked in android 12 to root the Tab with magisk.

Yep !

I normally root the Tab with magisk only without TWRP since TWRP has some complications and varies according to android versions. Though, I would love to hear your suggestion or guidance to root this device with TWRP.

Watch at post #585 in this thread if you want to install TWRP and get root without losing your data :

I'm doing this every time there is a new firmware update for months now. ;)
    I never had to care about "fixing ramdisk" as this is Magisk job...
    Finally you don't need scrolling through the whole thread as I gave you the exact post number which is post #585 !

So now you "just" have to find out a copy of TWRP for your T865...
    how do I reach the post #585 ?
    ***Moderator announcement***
    Flaming and disrespect will not be tolerated. I am removing several off topic and disrespectful posts. I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it. Anyone who continues is going to receive an infraction.

The moderator staff isn't here to babysit anyone. Keep your posts on topic, don't disrespect anyone, and be civil. If you can't manage to conduct yourself appropriately, there will be consequences until you do.
    Hi,

this is a general thread about our stock Android firmware with One UI 4.1 now and it's later updates.
    We can exchange our experiences and discuss software changes etc. here.

April 2020: Android Q. finally arrived :)
    Changes: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

March 2021: Android 11 (R) our second major update arrived nearly one year later :) (Will we get a third once ... ?)

March 2022: Android 12 (S) arrived just on time one year later :) (it's even possible that we will get a fourth update and hopefully android L as an intermediate step)

m.
    How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
    I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
    I flashed with Odin normally, booted up to install Magisk Manager, patched the AP file in Magisk and flashed the magisk tar file on Odin(AP), did a factory reset afterwards and all worked out well.

I don't think TWRP works with One UI 3.1, though I haven't tried.

TWRP does work with Android 11 OneUI 3.1 but it's suck painful !!!

Watch out at my other post how I did it and with which version and as explained by Techguy777 You have to keep your Tab S6 hooked to a computer with the USB-C cable if Android 11 OneUI 3.1 is already installed, after you flash TWRP and reboot manually as explained in mentalmuso's thread.

Thanks to them both : Techguy777 and mentalmuso for the tip ! ;)
    Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
    Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
    m.