SM T865 - T860 One UI 4.1 Android 12 - updates - general discussion

Search This thread

peppet

Dec 7, 2008
pisa
sorry thechguy I replied to arobase without looking for other messages. yes, selinux switcher works, i had already tried but not before installing v4a, only after. on the other hand, with the packet signaled by arobase, the switch does it during the installation phase and then returns to enforcing. the fw is dvd2

Reactions: Techguy777

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Yeah but DVD6 was listed there the day before this update. Frija rolled back the 2 Android 12 versions they had posted before.
Weird indeed !

Maybe the website based on Frija has been corrupted or under attack and it is still not fully restored ? ^^

But DVD6 with XAR CSC is still available here :

Techguy777

You guys might notice after a week or more use that your tablet stops quick charging. Don't freak out like I did thinking something was wrong. It's a new adaptive battery option in settings. It learns your use so it shuts off quick charging if it feels you don't need it. I turned that trash off. It's adaptive battery there's also fast charging switch if you want to shut it off. Just to let you guys know

Reactions: The Root and meduza

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Weird indeed !

Maybe the website based on Frija has been corrupted or under attack and it is still not fully restored ? ^^

But DVD6 with XAR CSC is still available here :

i believe they removes it from the samsung server themselves, which frija and the like will fetch ONLY the latest one from them

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
i believe they removes it from the samsung server themselves, which frija and the like will fetch ONLY the latest one from them

Well not really as DVD6 XAR was and is still available from Samsfw and Samfrew. ^^

Only Frija was affected !

Sammobile is getting worst everyday with firmwares section as they consider XAR CSC with T860 as Cellular south with only the latest firmware DVE1... ^^ :(

Can't believe how this website has been getting so bad !!!

Reactions: meduza

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Well not really as DVD6 XAR was and is still available from Samsfw and Samfrew. ^^

Sammobile is getting worst everyday with firmwares section as they consider XAR CSC with T860 as Cellular south with only the latest firmware DVE1... ^^ :(

but you have to remember this, frija will always fetch the latest one according to the csc from samsung's server, coz i bet they server will return the latest one only. however it is my assumption only butnit should work this way

but for those websites, probably they dont know which is the latest one. they just put any updates there like an archive, no matter they have been removed from samsung's server for some reasons like bugs found etc (you should notice that only a few, say dbt contains almost all the versions under samsungs official update pages but in others like xar there are only 2 or 3 with certain versions skipped). so my concern is, they just host those updates but they dont clean the list up

occasionally on apkmirror, there are some updates which labelled with latest version according to the upload time, say 2.0, but you can sometimes find newer versions in the list below 2.1 or 2.2

anyway, just my 2 cents

Last edited:

rpfs

Jul 28, 2019
Lots of people are very enthusiastic here about A12 on this tablet but a couple A12 updates later DeX over USB-C is still crippled. DeX still starts on the tablet (4G version) itself and then mirrors its display on the external monitor. This is simply not how DeX is intended to work. With A11 it ran on the external monitor only and the tablet kept showing its normal interface. The tablet was then usable the normal way and independent from the Dex environment on the monitor. It also put DeX in the 16:9 1080p resolution because those are the monitor's specs and together with my portable monitor this was a great alternative for a laptop.

I've mentioned this complaint before but no one here seems to be really using DeX at least how I used to. I very much hope that Samsung fixes this error because it has greatly devalued my tablet for me.

I wonder if this also happens on Samsung phones with A12. If so that would be even worse because of the unusable narrow mirrored screen on the monitor. I tried looking for ways to contact Samsung because I am curious to know whether they're at least aware of this issue.

*edit*

OK well I got it working. Apparently A12 had switched off the "auto start when HMDI is connected" option in DeX settings. Of course I had totally forgot about that setting after having it set once a long time ago. I did go through these settings before but because it mentions HDMI it just didn't seem relevant. But it turns out it also applies for USB-C displays. A bit misleading but I am really glad it works again!

One other feature I miss on this tablet is the ability to switch off charging while it's connected to a USB device. The external monitor supplies the tablet with power which is fine until there is no mains power available. Then the tablet drains the monitor's builtin battery first before it starts using its own. What I of course would prefer in this situation is for both tablet and monitor to each use their own battery. So the USB-cable should transfer power and video when there is mains power but only video when there is no mains power. Either automatically or manually by simply being able to disable charging on the tablet. It doesn't really matter. An older phone of mine used to give me options when connecting a USB cable (such as charging and data transfer, data transfer only or charging only). Too bad Samsung didn't think of that situation.

Last edited:

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
but you have to remember this, frija will always fetch the latest one according to the csc from samsung's server, coz i bet they server will return the latest one only. however it is my assumption only butnit should work this way

but for those websites, probably they dont know which is the latest one. they just put any updates there like an archive, no matter they have been removed from samsung's server for some reasons like bugs found etc (you should notice that only a few, say dbt contains almost all the versions under samsungs official update pages but in others like xar there are only 2 or 3 with certain versions skipped). so my concern is, they just host those updates but they dont clean the list up

occasionally on apkmirror, there are some updates which labelled with latest version according to the upload time, say 2.0, but you can sometimes find newer versions in the list below 2.1 or 2.2

anyway, just my 2 cents

I know Frija is only supplying the latest firmware version except when it messed up like it did in this case : ^^

DVE1 is out for XAR via OTA. Weird, Frija has gone back to CUL2 showing as the most recent XAR build.

For the other websites, I don't know if they keep an archive of every firmware updates on their own servers or if they got them directly from Samsung server but you simply have to click on the firmware version you want and you will see if it is available or not. Imo, all versions are available simply because some users would want to downgrade to any older versions, at least with Samfw or Samfrew !

I never used official Samsung server as Samfw or Samfrew do the job (except Samfrew as we get very slow download but it is usualy the first one to show the latest version and except when OTA) and I never got any issues with Frija... ^^

I know Frija is only supplying the latest firmware version except when it messed up like it did in this case : ^^

For the other websites, I don't know if they keep an archive of every firmware updates on their own servers or if they got them directly from Samsung server but you simply have to click on the firmware version you want and you will see if it is available or not. Imo, all versions are available simply because some users would want to downgrade to any older versions, at least with Samfw or Samfrew !

I never used official Samsung server as Samfw or Samfrew do the job (except Samfrew as we get very slow download but it is usualy the first one to show the latest version and except when OTA) and I never got any issues with Frija... ^^
I'm fine now that the OTAs are up to date. Just observing.

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
everyone works smart view on a12? to me no, I would not want it to be a root problem

Smartview has nothing to do with Root !!!

Depends on what you are willing to use smart view with : if it is with a Amazon FireTV Stick the problem is on Amazon side as The FireTv Stick is not compatible with Android 11 and above !

Amazon is aware about this problem and they said they are working on it, so you have to contact them to put the pressure on the technical team.

The problem could also tbe the same with other Smart TV if the firmware has not been updated by you or the manufacturer !

peppet

Dec 7, 2008
pisa
thank you. the problem however is the lack of this string of instructions wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable in the build.prop file; just add it and it works perfectly

• Love
Reactions: Arobase40

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
thank you. the problem however is the lack of this string of instructions wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable in the build.prop file; just add it and it works perfectly

Whhoooaaa good catch and good find ! (y)

But I accidentally validated the change the phone height/width ratio so I can't see my full phone display on my large monitor, but only a tiny part of it. I still be able to stream the content of my phone but I don't see my phone itself.
I resetted the smart view app but doesn't change anything. I did also a reset of my FireTV Stick but also no luck.

I then used my Galaxy Note 9 and I have the good display ratio, but when back to my A52S the display is wrong again ! :/
I went to the Smart View settings but couldn't find how to switch it back : it shows the options but noway to change anything...

Any idea on how to change this ???

EDIT : I thought I was on the A52S 5G section but problems could be the same as with Galaxy tab S6... lol

Azra4

Oct 16, 2014
It looks like this update killed the ability to make phone calls (on the SM-T865). There was a VoLTE toggle switch in settings before. Now it's gone. And since US carriers have phased out 3G calling, it practically means no more phone call. Very disappointing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You guys might notice after a week or more use that your tablet stops quick charging. Don't freak out like I did thinking something was wrong. It's a new adaptive battery option in settings. It learns your use so it shuts off quick charging if it feels you don't need it. I turned that trash off. It's adaptive battery there's also fast charging switch if you want to shut it off. Just to let you guys know

Thank you so much, I see the bootloader hasn't changed, it is still U5 right?
    And I need the bootloader unlocked in android 12 to root the Tab with magisk.
    Yes you should be ready to upgrade to Android 12 and root it the same way you rooted Android 11. You don't need a custom kernel anymore. Use magisk v25 and official twrp 3.6.1. I would have to look into it to see if you have to flash the DB meta file and I am walking out the door. I'm sure I have already said in this thread before
    Thank you so much, I see the bootloader hasn't changed, it is still U5 right?
    And I need the bootloader unlocked in android 12 to root the Tab with magisk.

Yep !

I normally root the Tab with magisk only without TWRP since TWRP has some complications and varies according to android versions. Though, I would love to hear your suggestion or guidance to root this device with TWRP.

Watch at post #585 in this thread if you want to install TWRP and get root without losing your data :

I'm doing this every time there is a new firmware update for months now. ;)
    ***Moderator announcement***
    Flaming and disrespect will not be tolerated. I am removing several off topic and disrespectful posts. I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it. Anyone who continues is going to receive an infraction.

The moderator staff isn't here to babysit anyone. Keep your posts on topic, don't disrespect anyone, and be civil. If you can't manage to conduct yourself appropriately, there will be consequences until you do.
    Hi,

this is a general thread about our stock Android firmware with One UI 4.1 now and it's later updates.
    We can exchange our experiences and discuss software changes etc. here.

April 2020: Android Q. finally arrived :)
    Changes: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

March 2021: Android 11 (R) our second major update arrived nearly one year later :) (Will we get a third once ... ?)

March 2022: Android 12 (S) arrived just on time one year later :) (it's even possible that we will get a fourth update and hopefully android L as an intermediate step)

m.
    How does one use the tablet as a pc screen? It's in the changelog
    I guess they lied everyone wants that feature and only the s7 has it. Even though it's in the changelog. Same thing with the s 10 lite it said it had object eraser in the camera in change log and it doesn't. Lol unreal samsung sucks. You have to buy the best and latest model every year to get the updates. Next year they do it again android oneui 4.0 will be on the next tablet and they will give it all the updates than when the s7 gets updated they will leave out all the cool features.
    I flashed with Odin normally, booted up to install Magisk Manager, patched the AP file in Magisk and flashed the magisk tar file on Odin(AP), did a factory reset afterwards and all worked out well.

I don't think TWRP works with One UI 3.1, though I haven't tried.

TWRP does work with Android 11 OneUI 3.1 but it's suck painful !!!

Watch out at my other post how I did it and with which version and as explained by Techguy777 You have to keep your Tab S6 hooked to a computer with the USB-C cable if Android 11 OneUI 3.1 is already installed, after you flash TWRP and reboot manually as explained in mentalmuso's thread.

Thanks to them both : Techguy777 and mentalmuso for the tip ! ;)
    Does anyone have a changelog for the latest update that came out a couple of days ago?
    Just flashed it via Odin.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T865/DBT/doc.html

Settings/Software Update/last Update/link should bring you there too.
    m.