• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SM-V700] tizen downgrade android

Search This thread

Jijonhyuni

Feb 15, 2012
Changwon
1. Download file(use chromium-browser)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/2imH7eEgce/SM-V700_tizen_to_android.html?

2. uncompression SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip

3. excute Odin

4. flash 1_dn_android.tar
1.PNG

5. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

6. wait

7. The following message is displayed,
3.jpg

8. flash 2_recovery.img.tar
2.PNG

9. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

10. boot done

Last edited:
G

GuestK00338

Nice

3. excute Odin

View attachment 2786168

5. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

6. wait

View attachment 2786178

View attachment 2786169

9. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

10. boot done

Nice, is the touchscreen working?

G

GuestK00338

Sweet! nice to know it is possible to go back,
Thank you for your effort! :)

Jaybenosa

Apr 11, 2011
We should get this stickied! Thanks for doing all the hard work!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Bladder61

Mar 31, 2011
Thanks for the hard work. I've been holding off on trying Tizen as I wanted a way to come back to Android if not happy.

NakedFaerie

Mar 26, 2005
Been patiently waiting for a downgrader as the last one didn't work. Glad to see someone got it working. :)
Hopefully touch works with this one.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

I must have done something wrong because my touchscreen is not working. I'll try again tomorrow and post the results.

I did exact as it says and touch didn't work.
After flashing a 2nd time and NOT going to recovery menu and letting it reboot both times i did get touch working.
So yes this IS a working downgrader. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron89

trk9

Apr 24, 2010
Toronto
Been patiently waiting for a downgrader as the last one didn't work. Glad to see someone got it working. :)
Hopefully touch works with this one.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

I did exact as it says and touch didn't work.
After flashing a 2nd time and NOT going to recovery menu and letting it reboot both times i did get touch working.
So yes this IS a working downgrader. :)

I reflashed but every time I tried to get to recovery it would go in to an infinite reboot sequence. Finally flashed TWRP and it booted in to recovery, now it works. So the key is to flash again if touch doesn't work the first time.

alex19990

May 3, 2014
Salerno
For flash the .tar file I must be in download mode, right?

Thanks for your big job

I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian ;)

Razor29

Dec 7, 2012
I wonder how hard it would be of at all possible to alter the original android gc1 rom to support the gc2 hardware and using the downgrade to clone such a proccess to install android instead of tizen... in term of hardware they are more then close.. and both run on linux kernel at base level, but my knowledge of the intricate details of such a task are limited so I am not even sure how possible my technically lacking thought are in practice... or if it is, a near impossibility/very hard/or close to easy..?!

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
hi ,
i wanted to see for myself if i could flashback .( Tizen to Android).??
Followed OP post, Jijonhyuni (exactly as set out in his instructions .in post #1)
No problem .!
touch working etc ..
Thank you Jijonhyuni ( for alternatives o/s choices !)
Post note
... about Tizen experience..?
Samsung wants you to upgrade/bully you to Tizen ?
but overall no alternative apps ( very, very limited ) ,o/s is smooth ,battery ..ok.
So to me untill they start providing worthwile apps etc ,
i will in the meantime enjoy the Android experience and sideload all my favourite apps !!
Only when i start reading in these forums positves (!! )
i will flash back to Tizen
Good luck to all.
further post note..
Landed back on MK7( ?).. and flashed back to latest Android... NC1
Good to hear my "Caynax hourly time "
(voice time app )announcing time for me without me looking at watch..
Played around and set Watchstyler watchface. etc
One diffs i notice again..is that the Android quality of watchfaces overall ,
seems to be so much clear /better than Tizens ?

Last edited:

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
While I don't currently have any intention of using this (I'm loving tizen), it's is great to know this exists as a safety net for those holding off on trying the other OS...

Thanks for your hard work and congratulations on cracking this nut!

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK

3. excute Odin

View attachment 2786168

6. wait

View attachment 2786178

View attachment 2786169

10. boot done

Many thanks for all your hard work, got my gear the way I like it, and with the ability to use watch styler my favourite app, with all the great themes posted on xda.
When tizen is a little more established I might swap again.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

Feel free to stay on Android forever. When Samsung moved to Tizen for the Gear 2's they could have left the GG1 on Android with no future updates. And if abandoned, existing third party apps would eventually die from neglect and no new one's would ever be written. There's hope for the latter with the move to Tizen. I thought for sure GG1 owners would be screwed when it was confirmed the Gear 2's were Tizen. In all my time following Samsung this is the first where they actually gave a crap about owners of earlier devices when they (Samsung) shifted strategy. They deserve applause for what they did with the GG1, not bitching. If people are pissed about the strategic decision to move to Tizen that's very different from Samsung ensuring that their wearables early adopters (us) weren't thrown under the bus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. excute Odin

1.PNG

6. wait

3.jpg

2.PNG

10. boot done
    Nice, is the touchscreen working?

yes :laugh:
    Rare poster, sorry!

Hi all. I don't post on here often but I thought I'd try to help. I tried about 10 times before I got it to work. I sometimes need step by step instructions down to the smallest detail to figure out some of this Android stuff lol. So I though I'd add some foot notes for people who need help. Below are OP's instructions with some edits (things i did) that may help. (I don't know how to post his pics sorry)

(HAD TO REMOVE LINK, NEW POSTER)

2. UNZIP SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip

3. RIGHT CLICK ON Odin, RUN AS ADMIN

Click image for larger version

Name: 1.PNG
    Views: 3468
    Size: 114.5 KB
    ID: 2786168

4A) After the file is flashed, it will do nothing. Remove Gear from cradle.

5. HOLD POWER BUTTON TO GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE (This is where I was messing up, I kept trying to reboot into recovery)

The following message is displayed,

Name: 3.jpg
    Views: 2122
    Size: 97.6 KB
    ID: 2786178

6. flash 2_recovery.img.tar

Name: 2.PNG
    Views: 2655
    Size: 93.1 KB
    ID: 2786169

7. AGAIN AFTER IT FLASHES IT WILL DO NOTHING. WHEN FINISHED, REMOVE FROM CRADLE

8. HOLD POWER BUTTON TO REBOOT, SELECT RECOVERY THIS TIME. THEN IT SHOULD SHOW "UPDATING" THEN REBOOT ITSELF.

9. BOOM, DONE

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

i need help so i tried to flash tizen but it failed i got the message update failed so i did wut was said here to flash the 1st thing i go into boot screen i can go to download mode and recovery so i went to recovery but its infinite boot at the samsung galaxy gear logo part though but i read all pages saying to go in download first but i did that already but its still infinite looping help PLEASE i want my watch back its rooted though :( help

This happened to me. I realized I was flashing the update and not stock Tizen. (if thats what its called)

Make sure you are using V700XXUCNE9 to upgrade from Android to Tizen. Then update with: V700OXACNF1.

Hope that helps.

Feel free to stay on Android forever. When Samsung moved to Tizen for the Gear 2's they could have left the GG1 on Android with no future updates. And if abandoned, existing third party apps would eventually die from neglect and no new one's would ever be written. There's hope for the latter with the move to Tizen. I thought for sure GG1 owners would be screwed when it was confirmed the Gear 2's were Tizen. In all my time following Samsung this is the first where they actually gave a crap about owners of earlier devices when they (Samsung) shifted strategy. They deserve applause for what they did with the GG1, not bitching. If people are pissed about the strategic decision to move to Tizen that's very different from Samsung ensuring that their wearables early adopters (us) weren't thrown under the bus.
    was going to attempt the downgrade process some point later today. Does this work?? I know the whole flash at your own risk, etc. etc.
    but, this method is tried and true??

BTW, think it is possible to flash straight kit kat NC5 modules to the gear?

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I've done it and it's easy if you lose touch reflashes recovery again

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

and if touch dosnt work after flashing recovery , download a 4.2.2 firmware from sammobile and install usuing odin this worked for me

flashing androidtozien > recovery > no touch > recovery again > no touch > full 4.2.2 firmware and touchscreen worked