• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SM840 wont connect to Odin

Search This thread

MikeThor

Mar 16, 2021
Hi all. So I'm trying to get my watch out of demo mode and download new firmware via Odin3. I put the watch into download mode and it connects to the laptop with an IP address but Odin does not see the IP address. I've downloaded all necessary files, installed Samsung USB drivers for Windows
Is there something I'm missing. I've searched everywhere I've found tutorials for issues with USB connected devices buy nothing for devices connected through WIFI
Thanks for any help

MikeThor

Mar 16, 2021
Try using a USB cable, idk how the watch connects so try that.
Odin usually only connects with usb cable
The link you provided is for a wireless connection to Odin since the only way to plug into USB port would be to remove the back of the watch and attach a cable by soldering to the MB of the watch itself, the watch connects like a hot-spot through IP address

Achibot

Jun 17, 2021
Pretty sure you need to connect the charging station to the PC via USB, as opposed to the watch. In the article you linked it shows that it has a COM connection, which is almost certainly a local USB port. COM can be used over TCP/IP but it's not a usual thing. You should have gotten a USB cable with the docking station surely?

MikeThor

Mar 16, 2021
So last night was success, I did manage to flash the watch with new firmware wirelessly. It is not longer a demo watch, I'm so very pleased since it unlocks the phone full capabilities, launching Odin3 as administrator allowed it to pick up the IP of the phone, took a little over 9 minutes to accomplish.
Thanks for all the responses to my query
Regards

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
So last night was success, I did manage to flash the watch with new firmware wirelessly. It is not longer a demo watch, I'm so very pleased since it unlocks the phone full capabilities, launching Odin3 as administrator allowed it to pick up the IP of the phone, took a little over 9 minutes to accomplish.
Thanks for all the responses to my query
Regards
Nice!