Smart Lock not working at home

Search This thread

v2.2v

Jun 10, 2010
I have tried everything. I'm on the latest update, I have tried high accuracy and battery saving modes, I have my home address as a trusted place and it's definitely turned on. Google maps has pin pointed my location perfectly. Yet smart lock is like nope...I don't believe you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app

testinguser

Jan 21, 2008
If you have an exchange server for email for work/school setup on the phone, they will enforce policies such as requiring pin / fingerprint unlock

vzwemp

Jan 12, 2009
I've had these issues since they switched from wifi networks as the id to google maps address. Hit n miss since then I added face unlock as a backup solution. If you find a better resolution please let us know.

backslashV

Aug 24, 2009
same issue here....they are replacing the device for me
Your replacement will have the same problem. This is not a hardware issue. Also I suggest that you save 4-5 locations for your home. Every time you click on "Add trusted place", it will probably locate you with slightly different coordinates and that might help.

Reactions: Buddyfunlove

wickets

May 8, 2012
Your replacement will have the same problem. This is not a hardware issue. Also I suggest that you save 4-5 locations for your home. Every time you click on "Add trusted place", it will probably locate you with slightly different coordinates and that might help.

Thanks for the response, but if it isnt device specific (software or otherwise) why are there so few reports about it? Also, the trusted place/device issue isnt about staying unlocked when its supposed to. The problem is that the device doesnt LOCK when you leave a trusted place or move away from a trusted device. Never had these issues with the 6p

DanVanDamn

Jun 24, 2010
Got no problems with smart lock at home, work and the house of my mother in law.

Also no problems with my Huawei Watch and the Bluetooth stereo in the car.

Last edited:

backslashV

Aug 24, 2009
Thanks for the response, but if it isnt device specific (software or otherwise) why are there so few reports about it? Also, the trusted place/device issue isnt about staying unlocked when its supposed to. The problem is that the device doesnt LOCK when you leave a trusted place or move away from a trusted device. Never had these issues with the 6p
I'm pretty sure it's a software issue. I had the problem with my nexus 6, nexus 6p, and now the pixel xl. Regarding the number of reports, I'm guessing smart lock is not widely adopted yet. Oh by the way, mine locks fine in not trusted areas. It just doesn't unlock when I'm in a trusted zone.

paulhastings0

May 17, 2017
I've got a similar problem. The phone never unlocks when I'm at a trusted location. It unlocks when I'm connected to a trusted Bluetooth though. I've set the location using both my address and by using the Google Maps screen. Nothing works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same issue here....they are replacing the device for me