Smart Lock Trusted Locations does not work

maxhitk

Mar 11, 2018
Trusted Location not working is a common problem with various devices, but so far I never encountered any issues on my S8. However, with the S9+ I cannot get it to work. Adding your current location still leaves the phone locked. I rebooted, deleted, edited and added new locations, with no success. Anyone experienced similar issues?

cdyna

Aug 27, 2009
Just wondering if there are any new devopments on this. None of the so-called "solutions" I have found on the internet (erasing cache etc.) work. Has everybody just given up? S8 running oreo here.

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
To me it works sometime and sometimes it doesnt. I have tried to do it in so many differenr way but still luck. Just works when it wants to. Funny part is with my pixel 2 xl it worked 100% of the time on oreo 8.1 so it most be something withing samsung tweaks.

phillybits

Jun 14, 2009
By chance, do you use any type of managed email service?

For example, I have a work provided Microsoft Office 365 account. Configuration of the account on the phone requires the application to have device admin privileges and one of the permissions disabled the option of Smart Lock, which infuriates me but I understand.

It's worth checking the make sure nothing that has device admin privs is blocking that feature.

pieces of cake

Mar 10, 2012
I had the same problem with my S8+. Then I jumped to the Note8, and it worked perfectly (every single time, without exception).

Now, with my S9+, it's useless. It has never worked. Not once. Pretty damn ridiculous.

afh3

Apr 30, 2013
I did have to remove and re-add my home address in the Smart Lock app, but after doing so it does unlock using the location now.

Restarted the phone to confirm it "sticks" and it does. Of course, the first unlock after a restart is always going to want security, but after that it is working as expected.

jughead75

Oct 21, 2012
I did have to remove and re-add my home address in the Smart Lock app, but after doing so it does unlock using the location now.

Restarted the phone to confirm it "sticks" and it does. Of course, the first unlock after a restart is always going to want security, but after that it is working as expected.
Removing and re-adding my address worked. Problem solved, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

WorldIRC

Apr 26, 2007
Toronto

Removing and re-adding my address worked. Problem solved, thanks!

Give it a few hours after not rebooting.

jughead75

Oct 21, 2012
i find if I move around between my trusted locations, it'll work. But if I stay in one place for more than a few hours, it'll stop auto-unlocking.
So far so good. I've been home for a few hours and Smart Lock is working well on both my s9 and s9+. Had my s9 with me all day and no restarts.

I should add that I don't keep my phones on High Accuracy, keep them on Battery Saver. One thing I did when I reset my home address was I used the Add a Place and used the Lat. and Long the phone had me at. It was close to my address but it placed me closer to my neighbor. Don't know if this is what helped make Smart Lock stick...

Reactions: WorldIRC

WorldIRC

Apr 26, 2007
Toronto
So far so good. I've been home for a few hours and Smart Lock is working well on both my s9 and s9+. Had my s9 with me all day and no restarts.

I should add that I don't keep my phones on High Accuracy, keep them on Battery Saver. One thing I did when I reset my home address was I used the Add a Place and used the Lat. and Long the phone had me at. It was close to my address but it placed me closer to my neighbor. Don't know if this is what helped make Smart Lock stick...

None of that works for me. If I reboot, it'll work for a bit, but then eventually stop working again.