General Smart screen refresh is not working properly

Search This thread

LagJuancho

Mar 20, 2012
Hi there!
I have been doing checks, measuring the refresh rate in the 120Hz smart mode and I have noticed that most of the time it is at 120Hz and has only dropped to 60Hz using two applications, like YouTube or Skype for example. No adaptive frequency and it has never dropped below 60Hz. You can check this by downloading an app from the play store or from the developer options, where there is an option to measure the refresh rate in real time

Reactions: sk4rt and t2jbird

t2jbird

Aug 31, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OnePlus never said it will go down to 1hz
It's literally on their product page.

Screenshot_20210409-113601.jpg

Last edited:

t2jbird

Aug 31, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi there!
I have been doing checks, measuring the refresh rate in the 120Hz smart mode and I have noticed that most of the time it is at 120Hz and has only dropped to 60Hz using two applications, like YouTube or Skype for example. No adaptive frequency and it has never dropped below 60Hz. You can check this by downloading an app from the play store or from the developer options, where there is an option to measure the refresh rate in real time
Have you tried with "hyper touch " ON?
It seems to be more agressive with it on.

Winrahr

Feb 3, 2014
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Sony Xperia 1 II
The LTPO control works at a layer lower than the OS, so the fps monitor won't show the true refresh of the screen.

It's supposed to reduce in any static scene but I have no way of confirming whether it does lower the refresh rate or not

As for the 1hz, it probably is only active for the always on display with he second hand

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1hz would only work when the phone isn't being touched. If an apk is running, it will stick to 60 or 120hz due to the animation. Maybe via ADB you might be able to pull some information?

Top Liked Posts