Smart Settings on Verizon

Search This thread

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
I looked for smart settings on my Verizon unit and couldn't find it. Looks like Verizon removed it.

Here is how to get it back.

Download QuickShortcutmaker from the market

Open it and scroll down to smart settings.
Open the smart settings dropdown.
Now press the first smart settings drop down.

This will create a icon on your home screen.

That's it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

minuett

Nov 8, 2016
Thank you for this suggestion. Most Smart Settings cannot be used without the My Places feature active, and that has apparently been disabled by Verizon as well. Any workaround suggestions?

Vuciz

Aug 26, 2012
Terre Haute
Attached are the APKs. One of the app itself, the other is the engine. Not sure if you need the engine or not though.

Attachments

• com.lge.myplace-1ad84824641b2039877481950110f696.apk
    62 KB · Views: 421
  • com.lge.myplace.engine-a2142559e8217d682cf0a24fdbafcbdf.apk
    19.4 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: Ryano89

Ncruze

Sep 19, 2007
Searching for GPS Location
I looked for smart settings on my Verizon unit and couldn't find it. Looks like Verizon removed it.

That's it.

Tried this, waited 5 days but settings aren't turning on. This isn't working at all. Did it work for you?

jraines1

Nov 21, 2016
Thank you for this suggestion. Most Smart Settings cannot be used without the My Places feature active, and that has apparently been disabled by Verizon as well. Any workaround suggestions?

No, unfortunately Verizon verified that they did indeed REMOVE My places functionality from their version, so no it will not auto-locate your home location after 5 days, either.

IMO, they are trying to force you to use more data. Most people turn their wifi off when they leave, and turn it back on when they come home - Smart setting will do just that. So, why would Big Red not want you to have it? Because when you have to do it manually, you'll forget to turn it back on when you get home... and when you do that, you'll use more data. my *theory*.

Reactions: DaveTN

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
No, unfortunately Verizon verified that they did indeed REMOVE My places functionality from their version, so no it will not auto-locate your home location after 5 days, either.

IMO, they are trying to force you to use more data. Most people turn their wifi off when they leave, and turn it back on when they come home - Smart setting will do just that. So, why would Big Red not want you to have it? Because when you have to do it manually, you'll forget to turn it back on when you get home... and when you do that, you'll use more data. my *theory*.

Or people will just leave WiFi on...because it doesn't use that much battery when not in use. This isn't a conspiracy to get people to use more data. Sounds like carriers have to pay for certain features on phones and Verizon didn't want to cash out for some less useful features. Plenty of other apps out there that can turn your WiFi on and off automatically.

jraines1

Nov 21, 2016
Or people will just leave WiFi on...because it doesn't use that much battery when not in use. This isn't a conspiracy to get people to use more data. Sounds like carriers have to pay for certain features on phones and Verizon didn't want to cash out for some less useful features. Plenty of other apps out there that can turn your WiFi on and off automatically.

Hmmm... most people I know turn it off, but to each his own. But when that is intentionally disabled along with FM radio, along with Google In Apps Search shortcut (by which you must do an internet search first before just searching for something on your phone...) - a pattern seems to be emerging... but let's give Big Red the benefit of the doubt, right? Let's forget about the lawsuit about them asking Blackberry to disable bluetooth so you couldn't transfer files, or the similar lawsuit about the same kind of thing with Motorola...

No... Nothing to see here... Move along, people, move along... :)

Reactions: BROKEN1981

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's it.

Some chocies are:

MacroDroid
    My Llama
    Tasker
    I would be very interested if one of the tmobile phone owners have an apk of my places, and could possibly post it.

Sent from my VS995 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Attached are the APKs. One of the app itself, the other is the engine. Not sure if you need the engine or not though.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone